My Very First Trip Report

Recently I have spent so much time on the boards being sucked in to everyone's trip reports (HollyBelle and Figment esp!), So I figured it was about time I made one of my own.

I will be traveling to the world in 69 short days but instead of starting with my pre-trip report for that I would back track a little and share how the obsession came to be.

My earliest memories of WDW were from when I was in the Tiny Stars of American beauty pageant in Orlando when I was 5 years old. After that I visited the world a few times with family and an ex; always so in love with all things Disney, but never staying on property until....February 2010!

My little sister was competing with her High School Cheerleading team at UCA Nationals so my BF and I decided since it was going to be our 1 year anniversary and Valentine's Day, we would make our first voyage together.

So now after all the fluff lets get to the fun!!

I now present to you our cast:Me...Nicole (27), School Counselor by day...Disney extremest by....well I can't even say night because it's my other full time job haha :ROFLOL: and my DBF, Ryan (22). As I mentioned before we were celebrating our first anniversary, this was our first vacation together, his first trip to the world since age 5!! I was fearful he would think
I was crazy and head for the hills when he saw the smile on my face and the tears in my eyes as we hit the world, but he too would soon be bit by "the bug"!

Day 1 2/12/2010:
Late arrival and check in at Pop Century we grabbed a pizza and headed to bed!

Day 2 /13/2010:
This was the morning of my sisters competition, we had to be at Hollywood Studios at 7am and it was FREEZING! Mind you we had just escaped a massive snow storm in NJ and we were looking forward to the warm weather..NOT!

Ok So for whatever reason I didn't take any pictures the first two days..booo me, yes I know, but...tomorrow is...

Day 3 2/14/2010 Valentine's Day!
We had a 7am reservation at:
IMG_8393.jpg
as you can see...the sun was barely up!

So finally...he we are, looking absolutely exhausted, with Goofy of coarse!
IMG_8397.jpg

They brought us a cupcake for our anniversary..nothing beats a cupcake at 7am!
IMG_8400.jpg

After breakfast we headed to MK for a while than back for a quick nap before our Valentine's Day dinner reservations...stay tuned to find out where..

WDW_Princess24

Original Poster
Valentine's Day cont...

IMG_8413.jpg

This is where we headed for dinner, it instantly became one of our favorites, it is a must do each trip!
IMG_8414.jpg

The view is beautiful!
and....
oooh the ginger cake!
IMG_8415.jpg

After dinner it was back to MK for EMH!!
IMG_8437.jpg

First up..
IMG_8443.jpg

IMG_8444.jpg

IMG_8450.jpg

I must take 1000 pictures of the castle every trip, I can't help it I swear!
IMG_8438.jpg

IMG_8439.jpg

Here we are at 2am...It was absolutely frigid, both of us had on two layers of clothes, gloves, and coats..brr!
IMG_8486.jpg

We spent the next two days at SeaWorld and IOA but I won't go on about that. I had not been to either park since I was a kid and honestly, I don't have an interest to go back, there just isn't anything at either park that blows me away.

Up next...our final days..boooo

WDW_Princess24

Original Poster
Our final days!

Thanks all for the comments, I am new to all of this and I hope to get better with each report!

and now...back to the magic!

By this time we only have two final days left, our first stop...
IMG_8555.jpg

I think AK is such a beautiful park, but for us, it's a park we only visit once each trip.

Here we are, about to head off on our two week safari!
IMG_8564.jpg

Our last day 2/18/10 was spent at MK. Our first stop...
IMG_8599.jpg

Hanging out in Minnie's gazebo!
IMG_8600.jpg

After we visited Minnie's house it was time to take a walk next door to...you guessed it...

IMG_8602.jpg

We stopped in his garage for a quick pic!
IMG_8603.jpg

After our visit to Mr. & Mrs. Mouse, we headed back towards Main St. where we had lunch ADR's at Crystal Palace!
They had our table all set up, it was so cute!
IMG_8613.jpg

It even said what the celebration was on our receipt!
IMG_8607.jpg

WDW_Princess24

Original Poster
Our Last Days cont..

Piglet LOVED Ryan!
IMG_8609.jpg

IMG_8605.jpg

We had such a great time here, the food was great, and we loved the variety!

After lunch we caught the stage show at the castle for one reason....
IMG_8618.jpg

and there she is...the mistress of all evil!! LOVE HER!

We spent the day at the park and ended our night with Wishes!
IMG_8679.jpg

IMG_8682.jpg

Here is a pic of the buttons they gave us when we checked into the hotel, at the time I didn't know anything about them and I was so excited to get that extra touch of magic!
IMG_8342.jpg

Unfortunately we had an early flight the next morning and had to leave all the magic behind..booo :cry:

However, neither of us knew at the time just how badly we had both been bitten by the Disney bug and how soon we would be returning.

Thank you all for reading along on my first report. I hope to get my next one up soon and hopefully they will get better and better as we go alone.

See ya real soon!

WDW_Princess24

Original Poster
Great report!! Glad you guys got "bitten" by the Disney bug!! :lol:

When is your next vacation?

haha thanks! I was bitten as a kid, I was worried about him, but sometimes now I think he is worse than I am LOL.

We are going 9/28-10/3, it will be our 4th trip in less than 2 years :ROFLOL:

erstwo

Yay for Trip Reports! :sohappy: So glad you decided to do one.

You two are A-dor-able. Seriously. So cute!

I love the info on the restaurant in China (or is it the one in Japan?) We've always looked at that place, but never eaten there. We're always looking for new places to eat. Love having a positive review!

Sarabell

Now that´s what I call a trip report express! Nothing beats a first trip with your BF (not that I know cause I haven´t gone to the world since I was 12 and I wasn´t even interested in boys back then, but I guess it must be really fun :lookaroun)

I´m so glad you both love Disney, that´s something you can share, and there are plenty of vacations to WDW! I really liked your trip report, and hopefully there will be a very detailed next one :wave:

HollyBelle

Great report, Nicole! Hopefully we'll see a more detailed report following your next trip. Gotta agree with you... the ginger cake at Tokyo Dining is pretty tasty (it'll be making an appearance in my next update, as well). love the "foot pop" you are rocking in that shot in Mickey's garage. So cute! And thanks for the shout out.

PolynesianPrincess

haha thanks! I was bitten as a kid, I was worried about him, but sometimes now I think he is worse than I am LOL.

We are going 9/28-10/3, it will be our 4th trip in less than 2 years :ROFLOL:

Very nice! I'll be going in November for my 3rd time in a year. Went for Thanksgiving last year then again for a week in May. This time it's shorter though, only 5 days.

WDW_Princess24

Original Poster
Thank you thank you!

Yay for Trip Reports! :sohappy: So glad you decided to do one.

You two are A-dor-able. Seriously. So cute!

I love the info on the restaurant in China (or is it the one in Japan?) We've always looked at that place, but never eaten there. We're always looking for new places to eat. Love having a positive review!

Thanks so much! I am a fussy eater, but we absolutely LOVE Tokyo Dining, we have done it every trip, actually, we did it twice on our last one! It is in Japan, the entire pavilion is gorgeous!

Now that´s what I call a trip report express! Nothing beats a first trip with your BF (not that I know cause I haven´t gone to the world since I was 12 and I wasn´t even interested in boys back then, but I guess it must be really fun :lookaroun)

I´m so glad you both love Disney, that´s something you can share, and there are plenty of vacations to WDW! I really liked your trip report, and hopefully there will be a very detailed next one :wave:

Someday your prince will come and you will have a wonderful time in the world, it is so much fun to share something like this with someone you love!

I'll be working on a more detailed report for our next trip which took place in 8/2010

Great report, Nicole! Hopefully we'll see a more detailed report following your next trip. Gotta agree with you... the ginger cake at Tokyo Dining is pretty tasty (it'll be making an appearance in my next update, as well). love the "foot pop" you are rocking in that shot in Mickey's garage. So cute! And thanks for the shout out.

Thank you so much Holly!

Very nice! I'll be going in November for my 3rd time in a year. Went for Thanksgiving last year then again for a week in May. This time it's shorter though, only 5 days.

Our next trip is only 5 nights and I am already saying that we don't have enough time haha

ArtieJim

Our next trip is only 5 nights and I am already saying that we don't have enough time haha

My girlfriend and I went last October for seven nights and didn't think it was enough, admittedly though we got a little carried away at the Food and Wine Festival. We're gearing up for nine nights this time around during Christmas (literally, 12/25-1/3).

Awesome trip report, have an awesome time on your next trip!

WDW_Princess24

Original Poster

My girlfriend and I went last October for seven nights and didn't think it was enough, admittedly though we got a little carried away at the Food and Wine Festival. We're gearing up for nine nights this time around during Christmas (literally, 12/25-1/3).

Awesome trip report, have an awesome time on your next trip!

Thanks! We will be experiencing the Food and Wine Festival for the first time this year, very exciting. Enjoy your Christmas trip, it is such a beautiful time to visit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom