• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

My Review of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Trackmaster

This thread is funny.

People are arguing that it isn't high enough capacity and at the same time say it's a mediocre ride. The ride is 5 years old and always has a line, that would be a successful ride by any ones standards. Doesn't matter if you like it, it matters if the average MK guest likes it. They do. Word of mouth must be good as well. How's the new Star Wars ride turning out? Brand new and rumor has it 7DMT has longer waits?

I also find it funny that the OP starts off by saying the mine train is a family ride then goes on to say he is annoyed at all the children and the childish stuff in line.....That's pretty much like going to an old folks home and complaining about how old the people are there. What did you expect?

I just thought of something, I have never ridden the mine train during the day. As far as night time it is a good family coaster, it could be longer but it's good family coaster and that's what it is meant to be. It's very smooth with Grandma and 5 year olds all riding it no problems. That is not true with intense roller coasters. I don't see Granny on Everest or RnR.
I think that the long waits for the 7DMT are a result of low capacity and the fact that WDW just needs more E-Tickets (and more C and D tickets) for WDW's immense popularity and the money that they're bringing in. If WDW had a proper number of rides with proper capacity, 7DMT would a pleasant break, but nothing too special.

ppete1975

Advertisement
I think that the long waits for the 7DMT are a result of low capacity and the fact that WDW just needs more E-Tickets (and more C and D tickets) for WDW's immense popularity and the money that they're bringing in. If WDW had a proper number of rides with proper capacity, 7DMT would a pleasant break, but nothing too special.
Couldn't have said it better myself

I like it, but I would have rather kept Snow White's Scary Adventure and got a Sleeping Beauty ride w/ a dragon. Since it's basically just a dark ride that goes outside sometimes.

I've never notice the swinging on Dwarves. Do you have to get on with a certain type of person? Someone whose hefty??? I remember the early test footage for Mine Train. The vehicles were swinging back and force.

Trackmaster

Couldn't have said it better myself
Thank you. Another point to bring up is that with the Fast Pass allocation to the ride, it really puts at the bottom of the barrel in terms of priority to get on. Disney runs a 1:1 between FP+ and stand-by when nobody is using FP+, but the more people are using the FP+ line, the higher the ratio of FP+ to stand-by is. It cruises around 4:1 when the reservations are picked clean... so 7D usually runs around 4:1. When more people are using them than expected it can get up to 30:1... AKA the rule is drain FP+ as quickly as possible before you worry about stand-by.

Since everyone makes sure to grab every available FP+ for 7D and they allocate many reservations for it, you can imagine that not only is the capacity poor, but very few people are actually allowed on stand-by per hour. Hence the long lines and the lines that move at a snail's pace.

Kate F

Have ridden this ride twice now and still don’t get the hype. Probably the most overrated on property. Granted, I haven’t ridden it at night yet, so that might make it a bit more enjoyable. Otherwise, no problem skipping it on future visits.

Trackmaster

Have ridden this ride twice now and still don’t get the hype. Probably the most overrated on property. Granted, I haven’t ridden it at night yet, so that might make it a bit more enjoyable. Otherwise, no problem skipping it on future visits.
Its not a night ride really. You're riding it for the dark ride aspect. I think that the theming and the music are awesome, and the coaster part isn't too special. If you want extreme thrills, its not the ride for you.

Abyssal_S

Granted, I haven’t ridden it at night yet, so that might make it a bit more enjoyable.
I’ve only ever ridden it at night, 2 times. Because we save it for last as to not waste time waiting for it during the day. Even then I personally don’t see myself waiting often for the ride, only on rare occasions when I have real patience to wait for it. Normally it’s a skip for us as well.

Brummyboy92

Recently had an opportunity to ride this last week, only waited around 25 minutes so got pretty lucky.

Like most on here, I agree that the ride looks beautiful, and fits in with it's surroundings really well. The ride is a lot tamer than I expected, however I appreciate I am not the target demographic & I would have loved it as a young child. The only criticism, and it's hardly a criticism, is that I expected it to swing a lot more, I did not get the feeling we were swinging/tilting at all.

Good addition overall though, and I would be happy to see something on a similar scale as this built in Paris as almost all the coasters there are geared towards adults.

Last edited:

AimYourBrent

7D is the one ride we ALWAYS get a FP for because we enjoy riding during the day as well as at night. But night time is easy. On our last visit two weeks ago we got on it twice in a row just by waiting for the crowds to get ready for the fireworks.

And we really, really enjoy 7DMT a lot. It’s just thrilling enough without being too much. We aren’t big on coasters, so we love this one.

egg

The ride fits the tone of the park to a tee, looks nice from the outside, has a good queue, looks nice on the ride, and has a great show scene area. That’s why it’s so unfortunate that it’s so short. Because if it were a thousand feet longer it would really be a solid attraction.

Top Bottom