My really super-duper, extremely short P&P weekend trip

After reading all of these reports, I decided that I had to do one myself. I had already done one P&P event. But I hadn't done everything that I wanted to do. So I decided to come down just for the weekend (my dad came with me). The trip started on March 1st. We were flying out of Newark Airport. The flight was pretty crowded. There was a couple of dance groups going down for a competition. The flight member doing the announcements even said (when doing the part about the air masks) "first do your own, and then if you have an infant, someone acting like an infant, or a dance member you can assist them"). It wasn't exactly like that, but it got a good laugh. The flight was pretty bad. About halfway through we hit some rough air, and it got pretty bouncy. That was probably my worst flight ever. Anyway, the flight made it there it good time, and....we were in Disney! It was nice going from about 20* weather to nice warm weather. I could get used to this. Coming up next- Hitting up Magic Kingdom! Pictures included.

joanna71985

Original Poster
After leaving the "Royal Family" we headed down towards Main Street. On the way though, we passed by the castle and a show of Dream Along with Mickey was going on. This was good news for me. Ever since the "new teachnology" was released, I had been trying to catch a show with it. However, the last 2 times was a no-go. And even today (for the afternoon shows) they were not using it. But my luck was about to change. We decided to stop and catch the rest of the show (a member of my group had never seen it). And, they were using it!:yay: It was totally strange seeing it (after being used to the old way). And I don't think I will EVER be used to seeing Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. But anyway. I couldn't get pictures of the show, so hopefully the next time I see it I can. We then headed down Main Street looking for a spot for the parade. Not too difficult at all. There were TONS of spots at the end of Main Street. We parked ourselves in front of the candy shop, which had free samples of fudge. Delicious!:thumbsup2 I saw an old friend, who was now in Guest Relations.
LifeAfterCP286.jpg

The best part about watching here was that there was plenty of light. This helped taking some pictures (at least with my camera). It was all-in-all a good parade, but a little short. But I liked it.
LifeAfterCP289.jpg

LifeAfterCP294.jpg

LifeAfterCP295.jpg

LifeAfterCP296.jpg

LifeAfterCP299.jpg

LifeAfterCP301.jpg

LifeAfterCP309.jpg

joanna71985

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. It sure was a fun trip (even for being so short).
Anyway, after the parade ended, we just wandered around until the fireworks started. We ended up watching on Main Street as well. For some reason, I did not get many good firework pictures. So, here are the ones I did get.
LifeAfterCP324.jpg

LifeAfterCP136.jpg

Once the fireworks ended, we all decided we were hungry. So we stopped by the Mexican place in Adventureland (the name excapes me now). We all got the tacos. That would turn out to be a mistake for me later on. We continued wandering, stopping at all the treat stations. I got to see the camels before we had dinner, and they were HUGE (I don't know their real names).
LifeAfterCP333.jpg

One of the characters that we all wanted was John Smith, so as soon as we finished eating we flew over to the meeting spot. And we got lucky. As soon as we arrived John Smith and Pocahontas came out!:sohappy:
LifeAfterCP335.jpg

Well, at this point one of my friends had wanted to see Belle's Storytime. So that's where we went next. It was a cute little story. And I had worked with Belle before. So of course we had to get pictures taken (my friend was dressed as Belle for the party). It was the one group picture of the night.
LifeAfterCP338.jpg

At this point the party was starting to wind down. We went to Toontown, but the lines were pretty long. We now had a decission to make. Trying to meet Captain Jack won out. So back to Adventureland. And here is where the bad taco comes in. I am not positive if it was the taco. But something happened to my stomach. And I had to break off from the group to hit the bathroom in the Adventureland Breezeway. I was able to catch up to them in line (it was still open) but I would have to leave once more before we got up to him. And I'm so glad I didn't miss him. He was great! He knew my name, and that we had "met" before. He complained a little about there being no rum, and asked if the picture would be coming up on that "myspace thing".:lol:
LifeAfterCP341.jpg

After we finished with him, it was pretty much the end of the party.:( So I split from my friends and decided to do a little shopping before I had to meet up with my dad. I got a game for my Nintendo DS, and went to catch the monorail. So thus ends the party. Back to the hotel to get ready for the next day.

iluvpoohbear

What great pics...i wish a got to see that many characters :( Nice Captain Jack one :slurp: Brer Bear was fun too for me. He made me do the Hokey Pokey with him...it was great!

joanna71985

Original Poster
The next day we went to MGM. Since we got in so late (it was after 1:30 am) and since I still wasn't feeling too good, we slept in. We left the hotel and got there about 10:15. Since it was ESPN the weekend, it was PACKED!! The rides were not too bad, but everywhere else was just crazy. So we walked around, enjoyed the nice weather, did a few rides. After a couple of hours it was starting to get too crowded for us, so we decided to head out and go to the airport. I was more then happy to go, what with not feeling well and since I would be back in a few months anyway. So we had to get the rental car filled, went to the airport, and found that we could catch a much earlier flight. That was good news. The bad news? We spent over a hour and a half on the runways- both in FL and in NJ. The flight did not take off for about 45 minutes in FL- that was annoying just sitting there. And then once we landed in NJ, we spent another 30 minutes or so on the runway there (the reason for that one was a Continental flight was in the way). We arrived to chilly weather. Well, that was my P&P weekend trip (probably the shortest one I have ever taken). I hopefully will be back in Disney the end of May. Here's for fingers crossed.

joanna71985

Original Poster
I just want to add pictures from my first P&P party.
These were the P&P signs, 2 at the TTC and 2 by the park entrance.
LifeAfterCP094.jpg

LifeAfterCP093.jpg

LifeAfterCP096.jpg

LifeAfterCP095.jpg

The Cinderella Room
LifeAfterCP182.jpg

LifeAfterCP178.jpg

LifeAfterCP177.jpg

joanna71985

Original Poster
The Princess Aurora Room
LifeAfterCP185.jpg

LifeAfterCP186.jpg

LifeAfterCP187.jpg

Royal Image Consultant
LifeAfterCP173.jpg

I swear, they were so much fun. From what I gathered, they are sisters. The one in green was great. We had the best conversation.
The Fantasyland Dance Party
LifeAfterCP168.jpg

LifeAfterCP151.jpg

LifeAfterCP164.jpg

LifeAfterCP160.jpg

And last, Pirate Goofy and Pluto
LifeAfterCP117.jpg

So overall, I consider the P&P parties to be a success. I'm glad they will be continued in August, as I can go to a couple more (maybe even dress up- I have a couple of ideas in mind).

Jerm

Great pics, I reposted one of in the WDW Parks General Discussion under the AC topic. I hope you don't mind but one of the sisters you talked to is one of the greatest Maid at the club ever.

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom