My Number 1 Tip For Mk.

HouCuseChickie

Some of us started going to MK very early on. Back then, the biggest, run to, attraction was Space Mountain. At rope drop there would be a mad dash of hundreds of people to get there (no fastpass back then). That meant that the majority of the people had gone counter-clockwise to begin with and they continued to work their way around the park in that manner. I wasn't a Space Mountain fan, so I always turned to the left (clockwise) and did it that way. When we got about to the middle the two sanctions converged and made it a touch crowded right there, but then we would pass each other and it would be back to easy touring. By habit, I still go that direction, but with FP and new rides on the left side of the park, I guess it might be a good idea to go the other way to see if it makes it easier.

I saw @real mad hatter 's post and was thinking something very similar. Actually, a lot of people still recommend starting in Adventureland...even with the advent of FPs. I wish I could find it, but I read an article a couple of years ago talking about how we are psychologically more inclined to take the right turn into Tomorrowland or keep heading straight towards the castle and wind up in Fantasyland. The conclusion was that turning right or going straight took psychological precedence over going clockwise vs. counterclockwise. I tested this out a little back in 2011 (went counterclockwise) and I remember feeling like we barely saw anyone until we hit Fantasyland. I remember how it was back in the 80s though...b/c my dad always started in us out in Tomorrowland- all b/c of Space Mountain. Tomorrowland would be very crowded ... we'd hit Fantasyland by lunch and it always felt like wall to wall people until you moved on.

MY TIP- if you want to try Enchanted Tales with Belle, you need to disregard all clockwise vs. counterclockwise discussion ... get there at rope drop ... head straight through the castle and make this the very first thing on your agenda for the day.

SMS55

Here's a tip I have never followed. :facepalm: Go slow and soak it all in. I seriously just want to go to the MK all by myself and just spend 4 hours on Main Street looking at everything. I always say I am going to go slow, but as soon as we get there, it's a mad dash to get to the attractions and I miss it all. :cry:

We must be related. I have been on all the rides a 100 times by now, but every time I go it's a mad dash to beat some of the lines at rope drop. I never slow down and take it all in.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
My number one tip is to watch Wishes from the middle of Main Street (even though it's crazy crowded).

When I was younger, my Grandma never wanted to fight with the crowds, so we'd always watch it from behind the castle or at the main street train station. It wasn't until my 18th birthday that I watched from the middle and I enjoyed the show more than I ever had before. I think seeing it with the castle directly in front of you and all the lights being dimmed around you makes the experience far more magical. Wishes gives me chills every time I see it now. :)

JIMINYCR

Take the time to meet the citizens of Main Street. Look for Mayor Weaver, Fire Chief Smokey, Dapper Dans, the Suffrage women and all the rest. They are all very entertaining and well worth stopping on your way up or down Main street to engage them in conversation.

Wisconsin

GO EARLY! GO EARLY! GO EARLY! If you can be through the turnstiles 30 minutes before park opening, waiting for the Welcome Show, you'll be surprised how many rides you can get in before noon. It will seem crowded outside the gates, but once the gates are open ("rope drop"), that crowd quickly disperses. I think most folks on vacation simply don't get up early. They were up late the night before and roll out of bed about 10 a.m., and get to the parks about 11 a.m. Works at all the parks!

Susan Savia

We always tour MK by turning left and going into Adventureland and riding Pirates first. After that we do each attraction as we come to it. If wait times are too high we bypass that attraction and when we've made a complete circle of the park redo a ride/attraction we might of missed or come back another day. Riding Pirates first thing usually always is a walk on. (We go in the winter)

DJMoore2011

Take a few minutes to find a place to sit and people watch. We are lucky that because of my Special Needs Daughter we took a lot of sit down breaks and watched the crowds go by. Yet it gave us time to look in detail at things like the house Alice was in front of, and the details of the windows on Main Street. For me that was as much of the experience as the rides. So we plan that this will become our tradition to sit down and just look at the wonders around us for a few minutes in not only MK but all the other parks too.

And we could NEVER stay away from Stitch we love that little guy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom