My Number 1 Tip For Mk.

tonganprince

Here's a tip I have never followed. :facepalm: Go slow and soak it all in. I seriously just want to go to the MK all by myself and just spend 4 hours on Main Street looking at everything. I always say I am going to go slow, but as soon as we get there, it's a mad dash to get to the attractions and I miss it all. :cry:

CrazyDisneyLady

Here's a tip I have never followed. :facepalm: Go slow and soak it all in. I seriously just want to go to the MK all by myself and just spend 4 hours on Main Street looking at everything. I always say I am going to go slow, but as soon as we get there, it's a mad dash to get to the attractions and I miss it all. :cry:
That's why you need a solo trip to just soak it all in...at least that's my plan..we will see if it truly happens

CrazyDisneyLady

Morning EMH is your friend...best time to go or get an ADR before park opening. The rope stops right behind the castle before you enter fantasyland...after the rope drop grab a FP for PP and head for Story time with Belle or LM you can get Fantasyland done quick and move on to the other side before everyone else is out of bed.

PolynesianPrincess

Enjoy MH at night if you are staying on property. The park gets pretty slow after the first hour or so and you can enjoy your favorite rides again :)

Also, if there is two showings of the MSEP, we've decided our solution to avoid getting seats for the first parade an hour and a half early is to skip the first one and then get to Main St to watch Wishes. When Wishes ends, snag a seat on Main St on the curb. There is usually an hour between Wishes and the second MSEP (example: Wishes at 9pm, MESP at 10pm) By the time Wishes is over, its 9:15 and you only have to wait 45 minutes for the parade AND you have an awesome seat :)

KCheatle

If you have kids that are too little to ride then take FULL ADVANTAGE of the parent swap! Honestly, one of the best ways to get on busy rides in the park without using a FP. And, it gets so many people on! Most of the time it's just me using it, so on my way to the ride, I will stop people getting the the normal line and say "Hey, I've got a FP for 6, but I'm the only one using it. You wanna join me?" That has brightened many a tired parent's day :)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
If you have kids that are too little to ride then take FULL ADVANTAGE of the parent swap! Honestly, one of the best ways to get on busy rides in the park without using a FP. And, it gets so many people on! Most of the time it's just me using it, so on my way to the ride, I will stop people getting the the normal line and say "Hey, I've got a FP for 6, but I'm the only one using it. You wanna join me?" That has brightened many a tired parent's day :)
Now that I haven't heard before..awesome..;)

Goofyernmost

Ok..There's quite a few I've got,but here's my favourite..When you walk up Main Street USA. Tour the park in a retrograde direction.In other words anti-clockwise..Starting at Tomorrow Land and finishing at Adventure Land..It's in our nature to go clockwise..Don't ask me why.:confused:..It never seems as busy..;)
Some of us started going to MK very early on. Back then, the biggest, run to, attraction was Space Mountain. At rope drop there would be a mad dash of hundreds of people to get there (no fastpass back then). That meant that the majority of the people had gone counter-clockwise to begin with and they continued to work their way around the park in that manner. I wasn't a Space Mountain fan, so I always turned to the left (clockwise) and did it that way. When we got about to the middle the two sanctions converged and made it a touch crowded right there, but then we would pass each other and it would be back to easy touring. By habit, I still go that direction, but with FP and new rides on the left side of the park, I guess it might be a good idea to go the other way to see if it makes it easier.

graphite1326

Here is my tip for MK. I made the mistake of going counter-clockwise and found I walked alot farther than I should have. We hit Space Mt first and then to Buzz. Instead of going around the park to Splaxsh and Mt Railroad it's much faster to retutn to the hub where Walt and Mickeys statue is, across toward Adventureland and turn right across the bridge and onto the two popular rides. Then we take our time and hit the rest of the attractions we want to visit. And taking a nap at Hall of Presidents is another great tip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom