My next WDW vacation ...

meklein

RELAX! Try a Dole Whip. Eat at BOG, Akershus, Ragland Road, and Chef Mickeys. Explore all of Fantasy Land. Pick a Pearl. Meet Mulan (an absolute must for my little princess)!

We have very similar firsts for our next trip! We are staying at a deluxe for the first time, eating at BOG, Akershus and Ragland Road for the first time AND our first time being there for a special occasion - my 40th! Not going until December and we are already SUPER excited! :)

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

1. Having a 40th bday cake designed for me! Finally, a CAKE FOR ME! :D
2. Working with the BW bakery for the first time for my mom's cake.
3. Riding the new Test Track (since we missed it by a little over a week last trip).
4. Trying BoG for lunch (did dinner last trip).
5. 1900 PF Dinner - with the exception of Garden Grove @ the Swan, we've done all other character meals.
6. Getting my parents to stay in MK for Wishes- they've never seen it with the soundtrack and just dont get it.
7. Eat dinner at Kouzzina!
8. Attend MNSSHP- we're either going to be a pirate family or a Batman family
...and here are the IFs...
9. IF my brother and SIL join us, I'll be there for my nephew's first trip to WDW and Mickey meeting
****Might have to consider a smash cake for him for breakfast at Crystal Palace
10. IF our flights are timed well, FINALLY get to try Kona for breakfast
11. IF some things fall into place...I might be able to spring for an MK view room in the Contemporary tower

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

(Attempt) Drinking around the world! First time being 21 in Disney!

Take it easy, be careful and DO NOT DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun!:)

What Figgy said! Also, I've done it a few ways and you might want to think about how to approach it. There is the all/primarily hard liquor approach, the all beer approach, and there's the mixed approach (i.e. wine, beer, liquor, etc.). The liquor approach was most enjoyable "AT FIRST" but required some serious pacing. The all beer approach was a bit more boring (and bloating), but easier. If you can tolerate mixing (some people are fine with it while others fall into the "never been sicker" place), I found this to be a nice blend of the two.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I just thought of 1 more...Every trip I say I'm going to do Pick A Pearl with my girls and every trip something comes up. Since I'm going to have my parents with us and possibly my brother's family...I think it would be nice for ALL of us 'girls' to do pick a pearl...even if it means hearing about my grandfather's take on pearls and jewelry for 30+ min from my mom. (grandpa was a jeweler and my mom grew up working in the store)

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Chef Brian said you don't have to wait that long. Submit at 180 days at Contemporary at least!

You don't have to wait, but it's advised. While it doesn't happen often, it seems that cake orders placed far in advance have the greatest chance of getting lost in the shuffle. So, for that reason, I've stuck with Lurkyloo's advice of 2 weeks in advance. Only once have I ever seen them say they wanted months to prepare for a non-wedding cake...and this was the GF with Pat- who I hate dealing with anyways since she can be impossible and not exactly service oriented. So...I get the ball rolling at 3 weeks out and then put in the order officially around 2 weeks out.

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

You don't have to wait, but it's advised. While it doesn't happen often, it seems that cake orders placed far in advance have the greatest chance of getting lost in the shuffle. So, for that reason, I've stuck with Lurkyloo's advice of 2 weeks in advance. Only once have I ever seen them say they wanted months to prepare for a non-wedding cake...and this was the GF with Pat- who I hate dealing with anyways since she can be impossible and not exactly service oriented. So...I get the ball rolling at 3 weeks out and then put in the order officially around 2 weeks out.
Good plan of action. I am at least starting the quoting process at 180 days. I want to get all the back and forth done and then will place the order probably at the 2-3 week time frame as you suggested!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom