My next WDW vacation ...

HouCuseChickie

Good plan of action. I am at least starting the quoting process at 180 days. I want to get all the back and forth done and then will place the order probably at the 2-3 week time frame as you suggested!

I may touch base with Chef Brian over the summer just to find out if he'll do the 2 most crucial elements of this cake. I'd hate to have to totally revamp the big cake last minute.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Dare I ask how much a custom cake costs? After our adult only trip in October we are surprising the kids with a short trip in December the weekend of my 40th birthday :)

They vary in price. You can use this link as a guide of where prices start at each location...
http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/

The more customized cakes typically come from the GF, Contemporary, BW, YC, and AKL, but some of those bakeries also service the other hotels and some of the park restaurants. For example, the Contemporary handles all cakes for that hotel, BLT, WL, all of their restaurants, and all of the MK restaurants (although, I think BoG is still not set up for this).

Upvote 0

bethram

They vary in price. You can use this link as a guide of where prices start at each location...
http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/by-location/

The more customized cakes typically come from the GF, Contemporary, BW, YC, and AKL, but some of those bakeries also service the other hotels and some of the park restaurants. For example, the Contemporary handles all cakes for that hotel, BLT, WL, all of their restaurants, and all of the MK restaurants (although, I think BoG is still not set up for this).

Thank you!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I just thought of 1 more...Every trip I say I'm going to do Pick A Pearl with my girls and every trip something comes up. Since I'm going to have my parents with us and possibly my brother's family...I think it would be nice for ALL of us 'girls' to do pick a pearl...even if it means hearing about my grandfather's take on pearls and jewelry for 30+ min from my mom. (grandpa was a jeweler and my mom grew up working in the store)

I did this in Vegas on my first visit there , picked a pearl for me, my DGD and my BFF granddaughter too and had them set... then got chains for them when I got home since I knew I could get a deal on the chains. Created a really nice and functional momento ! Love pearls !

Upvote 0

britdaw

I didn't get to get a dole whip when we were there before, so I definitely want to try one next time!!

Also, since we didn't have a boy last time, we will be taking our son to do the Pirates League. ;)

Also? Stay at a Disney resort instead of Shades of Green

Upvote 0

Mrsdonaldduck

1. Having a 40th bday cake designed for me! Finally, a CAKE FOR ME! :D
2. Working with the BW bakery for the first time for my mom's cake.
3. Riding the new Test Track (since we missed it by a little over a week last trip).
4. Trying BoG for lunch (did dinner last trip).
5. 1900 PF Dinner - with the exception of Garden Grove @ the Swan, we've done all other character meals.
6. Getting my parents to stay in MK for Wishes- they've never seen it with the soundtrack and just dont get it.
7. Eat dinner at Kouzzina!
8. Attend MNSSHP- we're either going to be a pirate family or a Batman family
...and here are the IFs...
9. IF my brother and SIL join us, I'll be there for my nephew's first trip to WDW and Mickey meeting
****Might have to consider a smash cake for him for breakfast at Crystal Palace
10. IF our flights are timed well, FINALLY get to try Kona for breakfast
11. IF some things fall into place...I might be able to spring for an MK view room in the Contemporary tower
Sounds incredible!!!! What is a smash cake??

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Sounds incredible!!!! What is a smash cake??

It's usually associated with a child's first birthday. i.e. you have a smaller cake for the young child to "smash" and become a total cakey mess. :D I won't be there for my nephew's first birthday, so I thought it might be a nice treat for him if they come along. Of course, they'll probably hate me if I get anything where he becomes like this child...

smash-cake-1.jpg

i.e. not exactly the way you want to start the day...having to totally clean and re-dress your child b/c Aunt Chickie got him a messy cake. ;) We shall see.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom