My next trip will be my next one until the next one.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why not.

I live in Florida, I've got a kid, and as the vibe of the boards reads, the parks should be nice and empty.

It will be nice for my wife and I to feast around the world with the kiddo in his bjorn just enjoying the day, not worried about the masses.

jasminethecat

I hope you have a great time, please consider sharing a trip report with the empty parks. I would love to see the architecture and landscaping without tons and tons of parkgoers (and that's probably just one family with matching hats or shirts) ruining the images, and it may be the last time anyone steps foot down there with all these serious boycotts going on. This next trip could easily be your last trip... until the next trip which then could be your last.

Last edited:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
lol, you know you're going to catch heat for this right??:););)
Animated GIF

KBLovedDisney

Please take lots of pictures of The Great Movie Ride, and also give us a nice inside look on the Back Lot Tour. Maybe include some of this Horizons ride that I hear so much about.

Oh oh oh, and be sure to take lots of pictures of the beautiful large center fountain at the Polynesian resort. I heard it is gorgeous.

Raxel7851

Please take lots of pictures of The Great Movie Ride, and also give us a nice inside look on the Back Lot Tour. Maybe include some of this Horizons ride that I hear so much about.

Oh oh oh, and be sure to take lots of pictures of the beautiful large center fountain at the Polynesian resort. I heard it is gorgeous.
Could you try and go at Christmas so you can post pictures of the Osborne Family Lights? Oh, and Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea!

Pepper's Ghost

I mean, with everyone announcing their boycotts and cancellation of Disney from their lives, the parks should be blissfully relaxed.
🤣 Very true. In all honesty, I'm one of them folks, but it's just my opinion based on G+ and the whole LL charges, etc. Personally I have no issue with price increases, but it's the nickle and diming tactic I hate. I still have no issue with those who want to go if they enjoy it as is. I'd have an issue with those who complain about it, and then still go.

eliza61nyc

🤣 Very true. In all honesty, I'm one of them folks, but it's just my opinion based on G+ and the whole LL charges, etc. Personally I have no issue with price increases, but it's the nickle and diming tactic I hate. I still have no issue with those who want to go if they enjoy it as is. I'd have an issue with those who complain about it, and then still go.
That's sort of where im at, my first family trip having to deal with ll and genie plus isn't until next year. Im trying not to judge until i actually use it. I'm heading down for a short girl's only trip but we're only doing one park. Rest of the time will be spent at the resort

I totally admit though I watch a YouTube blog and my heart melts. It's still my happy place. The magic is definitely not gone for me

Pepper's Ghost

That's sort of where im at, my first family trip having to deal with ll and genie plus isn't until next year. Im trying not to judge until i actually use it. I'm heading down for a short girl's only trip but we're only doing one park. Rest of the time will be spent at the resort

I totally admit though I watch a YouTube blog and my heart melts. It's still my happy place. The magic is definitely not gone for me
That's a completely fair approach. I'm one of those who's ranted about the changes and I think they're going to be awful for basically everyone. That said, I really do long for walking through the parks with medium-sized crowds, riding the rides, the experience in general. I'm with you there, and when I watch Youtube walk-thrus, it makes me miss it. I just think that I'm missing something that's not there anymore, at least not right now. Of course I miss rides that aren't there anymore... ExAE, SoC, TT1.0, Backlot Tour, TGMR, so on and so forth. I also miss the 30 min wait to get on HM or PotC, walk off and get right back into line to ride it again. Riding the ride twice in an hour goes way back to pre-FP though. It was my happy place in the '00s.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if/when I take another trip, all the over-complication of the process is going to ruin it for me. Sometimes I can't get out of my own head. I can be good at letting things go, but I have the feeling that the experience of planning and trying to get LL on G+ while on vacation is going to trigger me and cause me not to enjoy what's actually in front of me. I'm a very patient person, but once I get to my breaking point, it's really hard for me to recover. I don't want to spend $8k - $10k to be p!ssed off for a week. Again, just my opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of parents who feel the same way with their small kids in tow. Why spend so much money for so much aggravation, and that was BEFORE all the complication of the process. 🤣 I have no kids, but I've seen the look on parents faces when they're in the parks with small kids. For every moment of joy of seeing the look on their kids face, there's someone yanking their kid by the arm in parental desperation. I'm not blaming them. Just saying it ain't easy being a parent with a kid who's overstimulated. Why would a parent want to do that to themselves more than once every several years. 🤣

That said, everyone is different, so I don't begrudge anyone else if they ARE able to enjoy the Parks in its current state. I just don't think I can. Perhaps, one day in the future, I might give myself the chance to try, but as of right now, not so much. Maybe I'll wait for the price increases to thin the herd a bit.

Btw, hope you have a fantastic time with the Girls' trip!! Being with the girls should help make it a great time! 😁

mergatroid

That's a completely fair approach. I'm one of those who's ranted about the changes and I think they're going to be awful for basically everyone. That said, I really do long for walking through the parks with medium-sized crowds, riding the rides, the experience in general. I'm with you there, and when I watch Youtube walk-thrus, it makes me miss it. I just think that I'm missing something that's not there anymore, at least not right now. Of course I miss rides that aren't there anymore... ExAE, SoC, TT1.0, Backlot Tour, TGMR, so on and so forth. I also miss the 30 min wait to get on HM or PotC, walk off and get right back into line to ride it again. Riding the ride twice in an hour goes way back to pre-FP though. It was my happy place in the '00s.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if/when I take another trip, all the over-complication of the process is going to ruin it for me. Sometimes I can't get out of my own head. I can be good at letting things go, but I have the feeling that the experience of planning and trying to get LL on G+ while on vacation is going to trigger me and cause me not to enjoy what's actually in front of me. I'm a very patient person, but once I get to my breaking point, it's really hard for me to recover. I don't want to spend $8k - $10k to be p!ssed off for a week. Again, just my opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of parents who feel the same way with their small kids in tow. Why spend so much money for so much aggravation, and that was BEFORE all the complication of the process. 🤣 I have no kids, but I've seen the look on parents faces when they're in the parks with small kids. For every moment of joy of seeing the look on their kids face, there's someone yanking their kid by the arm in parental desperation. I'm not blaming them. Just saying it ain't easy being a parent with a kid who's overstimulated. Why would a parent want to do that to themselves more than once every several years. 🤣

That said, everyone is different, so I don't begrudge anyone else if they ARE able to enjoy the Parks in its current state. I just don't think I can. Perhaps, one day in the future, I might give myself the chance to try, but as of right now, not so much. Maybe I'll wait for the price increases to thin the herd a bit.

Btw, hope you have a fantastic time with the Girls' trip!! Being with the girls should help make it a great time! 😁
We were there for 15 days just under a fortnight ago. Stayed offsite with a 14 day pass and never once used Genie+ or LL. Ok a slight lie, as one of our party was in a wheelchair a few times we were sent to the LL where our bands were scanned and we were told to come back to the LL at whatever the standby time line currently was (so if standby was 45 mins, in 45 mins time and we'd be put in the LL queue for free). This happened on Star Tours and Jungle Cruise. On Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Spaceship Earth there was a different loading procedure which involved loading via the exit.

On the days without our friend with the wheelchair or rides she didn't fancy doing, we managed to get on what we wanted using knowledge of the park, getting there early and a bit of luck with the weather etc. Often where standby said 45 mins it was more like 25, one day Buzz said 45 and was actually only 10. In our heads we knew which rides we'd wait how long for and if the wait exceeded we'd head straight past and somewhere else. Having many days to visit meant we'd hit the missed rides another day, so on the days of those visits we'd plan ahead and figure the best order to get those done.

It worked well for us and allowed us to enjoy our times in the parks in between the rides just as you describe. This was with the luxury of a 14 day pass I will admit, however I'm sure with some thinking and planning there's still fun to be had without Genie+ over a few days if you work on it beforehand.

JIMINYCR

We arent abandoning Disney until our experience is adversely affected to the point where the enjoyment has vanished. We realize Disney isnt the Disney it once was and changes have taken place that we font agree with, but we can work around them and still enjoy our vacation time. Everyone tolerated things differently. Those who have called it quits or those nearing that point are free to do what they choose. Theres other options available for their families, and only they can decide when the break takes place.
Ive already said in other posts, our breaking point will be when the ctowds continue to make the parks less welcoming and we cant accomplish what we want to do. So we are joining you in the " empty parks" that created by those who have already said goodbye.

jasminethecat

We were there for 15 days just under a fortnight ago. Stayed offsite with a 14 day pass and never once used Genie+ or LL. Ok a slight lie, as one of our party was in a wheelchair a few times we were sent to the LL where our bands were scanned and we were told to come back to the LL at whatever the standby time line currently was (so if standby was 45 mins, in 45 mins time and we'd be put in the LL queue for free). This happened on Star Tours and Jungle Cruise. On Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and Spaceship Earth there was a different loading procedure which involved loading via the exit.

On the days without our friend with the wheelchair or rides she didn't fancy doing, we managed to get on what we wanted using knowledge of the park, getting there early and a bit of luck with the weather etc. Often where standby said 45 mins it was more like 25, one day Buzz said 45 and was actually only 10. In our heads we knew which rides we'd wait how long for and if the wait exceeded we'd head straight past and somewhere else. Having many days to visit meant we'd hit the missed rides another day, so on the days of those visits we'd plan ahead and figure the best order to get those done.

It worked well for us and allowed us to enjoy our times in the parks in between the rides just as you describe. This was with the luxury of a 14 day pass I will admit, however I'm sure with some thinking and planning there's still fun to be had without Genie+ over a few days if you work on it beforehand.
Glad you and your party had a good time! I have never had that relaxed WDW trip you describe, and I must admit it sounds incredible. With 3 kids in school there was never that much time or money to get rooms, food and tickets for more than 5-6 days. You adopt that type-a, overplanner personality when you get one or maybe two shots at each park, where disney vacations are packed from sun-up to sun-down and you leave more tired than you arrived. But someday I just want to spend a whole day walking around EPCOT and maybe doing just a ride or two while actually going into every shop i see. Having the time to get seriously tipsy sampling alcohol without worrying about watching my own kids or what example i might be setting for them. Spending a whole afternoon at a pool or an evening at disney springs. Now that my kids are growing up I do look forward to these things at Disney in the future.

I think with all the recent negativity (some of it my own!) we need to hear some positive stories like yours to remind us why we still care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom