My new home

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Metrowest has far more crime than Westwood. My parent's checked out the place too and they are happy with it. They cannot stand my current place, and I cannot even believe they are turning condo!

Dave, have you had a bad pest problem there?

I have lived in 3 different apartment complex, eventually there is always a problem with bugs, hell this is Florida. I know that each complex has it's own group of drifters. I am sure this place isn't perfect, but with the market the way it is here I will not be able to find perfect.

dflye

Magic Maker said:
I have lived in 3 different apartment complex, eventually there is always a problem with bugs, hell this is Florida.
The problems I've seen in the past with apartment complex pest control, is that if one person in a building doesn't get sprayed along with everyone else (say they have pets and don't won't fluffy eating a poisoned roach), the bugs run to that safe haven on spraying day, then come back out later. :(

PhotoDave219

Magic Maker said:
Metrowest has far more crime than Westwood. My parent's checked out the place too and they are happy with it. They cannot stand my current place, and I cannot even believe they are turning condo!

Dave, have you had a bad pest problem there?

I have lived in 3 different apartment complex, eventually there is always a problem with bugs, hell this is Florida. I know that each complex has it's own group of drifters. I am sure this place isn't perfect, but with the market the way it is here I will not be able to find perfect.

I dont have a problem with bugs.... i keep the place clean.... granted i keep roach traps out too, just in case.... Why rely on the apt pest control?

When i first moved in, yes, there were a couple ... because a cat had lived there before. So i took care o Business and away they went.....

Erika

PhotoDave219 said:
I dont have a problem with bugs.... i keep the place clean.... granted i keep roach traps out too, just in case.... Why rely on the apt pest control?

When i first moved in, yes, there were a couple ... because a cat had lived there before. So i took care o Business and away they went.....

:lookaroun Doesn't the presence of a cat usually mean less bugs?

Sometimes there is not much you can do. Our friends lived upstairs from the laundry room back in Oak Park (near Chicago), and even though their apartment was clean, people would snack on stuff while they washed their clothes on the floor below and they would leave food behind. So the roaches were terrible. They'd make their way up into their apartment. It was a shame, because the place was beautiful, but you can't monitor all the residents all of the time.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
I have not heard from the apartment management yet, I figure it will take one more day. But I really want to live there. I hope it works out.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
lol... yes that is most certainly apartment living.
Well kids I am moving in on the 8th, I am going to make it my own little mini Grand.
Dave I'll be seeing ya! :)

Magic Maker

Original Poster
lol... yes that is most certainly apartment living.
Well kids I am moving in on the 8th, I am going to make it my own little mini Grand.
Dave I'll be seeing ya! :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Magic Maker said:
Metrowest has far more crime than Westwood.

errr... I'd ask selected members of OCSO and OPD about that... I can understand looking at statistics and whatnot, but if several seasoned police officers tell me to move to Metrowest cause they get far fewer calls there, I'll take their word for it.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Oh whatever :), either way I am moving there because there are like two apartment places left that aren't condos.
I had OPD run a report about my complex, just like I did when I moved here and the place I am moving to is not as bad.

odisneyfan

hi, im odisneyfan. dont know if you would care to chat with me. but here goes im planning on moving to orlando next aug i dont know any one down there i was wondering how you found your apt and about basically anything else you would need to know to live there any info would be much appreciated. i hope ypu got it thanks odisneyfan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom