My most embarrassing moment at Disney, Share yours!

Disney Shib

Oh this one is good. I did the Disney College Program back in 2007. During my time there I turned 21! YAY RIGHT! NO... a couple friends who were all 21 took me to drink the world at Epcot. I'm sure you think you know where this is going right? Well, your wrong. We started in Mexico (being the avid hockey fan that I am I wanted to end the night in Canada). Everything was going well until we got to the Rose and Crown. One quick beer turned into 5 long beers, singing with the hat lady, whisky flight races and a wholeeeee lot of stuff i still don't remember. Luckily I have some great friends who photographed the entire night. NOT! Now, we are heading over to Canada where I insisted I needed to get a Molson and tell the poor employees there that the Montreal Canadians stink. (i'm from Boston, it's in my blood I apoligize). I started feeling the whisky/guiness combo but could not admit to my friends that I could no longer hang. I decided to stall the beer by asking to look around the gift shop. While walking threw the gift shop I noticed a wall of hockey jerseys... all canadian teams of course. A younger good looking guy approaches me with his cute little canadian accent and asks me if I need help. I proceed to rant and rave about how the montreal canadians are the worst team in the NHL. A friend had gone to get me a molsen while the rest of us looked around the store. He hands it to me while I am telling this poor kid how bad his hockey team sucks. I took one sit and my body just rejected everything, I puked all over the poor CM, the hockey jerseys, the carpet, a big old bear head you hang on the wall... it was mortifying. A manager came over and instructed my friends to get me home safely. The most horrific moment of my life. I didn't go back into that store for like 4 years lol.

Vader2112

Oh this one is good. I did the Disney College Program back in 2007. During my time there I turned 21! YAY RIGHT! NO... a couple friends who were all 21 took me to drink the world at Epcot. I'm sure you think you know where this is going right? Well, your wrong. We started in Mexico (being the avid hockey fan that I am I wanted to end the night in Canada). Everything was going well until we got to the Rose and Crown. One quick beer turned into 5 long beers, singing with the hat lady, whisky flight races and a wholeeeee lot of stuff i still don't remember. Luckily I have some great friends who photographed the entire night. NOT! Now, we are heading over to Canada where I insisted I needed to get a Molson and tell the poor employees there that the Montreal Canadians stink. (i'm from Boston, it's in my blood I apoligize). I started feeling the whisky/guiness combo but could not admit to my friends that I could no longer hang. I decided to stall the beer by asking to look around the gift shop. While walking threw the gift shop I noticed a wall of hockey jerseys... all canadian teams of course. A younger good looking guy approaches me with his cute little canadian accent and asks me if I need help. I proceed to rant and rave about how the montreal canadians are the worst team in the NHL. A friend had gone to get me a molsen while the rest of us looked around the store. He hands it to me while I am telling this poor kid how bad his hockey team sucks. I took one sit and my body just rejected everything, I puked all over the poor CM, the hockey jerseys, the carpet, a big old bear head you hang on the wall... it was mortifying. A manager came over and instructed my friends to get me home safely. The most horrific moment of my life. I didn't go back into that store for like 4 years lol.
:eek::depressed::hungover: I do not know whether to keep laughing or cry for the poor CM. Well you really showed them wheat you thought of the Canadiens.

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

While we where in Trex and all the staff come out shouting "Volcano" after someone orders that desert, It was at that exact moment my Beloved young child decided to "volcano" himself and managed to cover our table in it, not good luckily they had a shop next door so we could get him new clothes.

Mr Anderson

Not me, but I have to share...
On our last Disney trip in Sept' 11, my DW and I went on ToT for the thousandth time and when we got in the cart, the approx. 40-yr old gentleman sitting on the other side of my DW was freaked. the heck. out. He said his family had been bugging him to go all day, and he did it just to shut them up. So my normally subdued and super sweet DW decided to have a little fun.

We get to the part where the elevator breaks away from the shaft and starts going down the hallway. DW looks over to all the electricity on the sides and says "Oh my GOSH that's not supposed to happen! Something is wrong!!! SOMETHING IS WRONG!" Mr Terrified is white-knuckling the bars at this point, and then the lights go out and its pitch black. The last second before the drop, a few other guys in the cart and I simultaneously decide to join in on the fun and start screaming like girls at the top of our lungs in ridiculous fashion. I happen to glance over when the doors open up over the park and Mr Terrified is ghost white. When the ride ends, he is literally shaking and mumbling "Never again." over and over. His family was waiting in the gift shop and all had a good laugh as he told them what happened.

I love my DW.

Agent1964fem

Hey my son is now 22 and my youngest son is now graduated. They both are ride operators at Hershey Park. My son with Aspergers has come so far. But he has not overcame is fear of the dinosaur ride. He hopes to ride it I July when we go. I'll keep everyone posted.
Hey I wanted to keep everyone in the loop like I promised !!
****************************************************************************************************************************Wanted to update everyone . My son with the Aspergers did do Dinosaur and Mission Space our last visit (July) he loved them and is awaiting our next visit . 2015 ? Thank you to everyone who supported me on the threads and gave me tips on Aspergers.

awoogala

Our first embarrassing tale is my daughter's fear of roller coasters. She wanted nothing to do with roller coasters. Our first time at Disney- we thought the Barnstormer wasn't REALLY a coaster, talked her into it. She screamed the entire ride.. like someone was beating her. It was HORRIBLE.
Got off the ride, and my kid, who never raised her hand before, starts whacking her father on the leg screaming "you LIED! it was a ROLLER COASTER, DADDY! You LIED!!!!!!!!!!" Huge wracking sobs.
Everyone must have thought we were the worst parents ever. Never talked her into another ride again.
Our next embarrassing story was a repeat- she wanted to go on Space Mtn. a few years later. WE BEGGGED her not to, told her she'd hate it, insisted it was a roller coaster. She insisted. Repeat the screaming- So awful.
She still won't go near kiddie coasters and she's almost 9. Thank goodness she likes just walking around Disney!

DManRightHere

Recently, I was married at the Walt Disney World resort and had a great time. We chose the Boardwalk and had a fantastic experience with the ceremony, cake cutting, and photography.

To be honest, most everything was great except for one moment that was very awkward.... The after-after moments of our wedding... allow me to explain.

Staying at the AKL, we were transported back via limo to our honeymoon room where we were going to change, and also "change" into our evening attire for the dinner that we had arranged for our wedding guests. Being the groom, and not in the wedding gown being swooned over by other guests, decided to double check the room and make sure it was all good before my bride entered (even though I had already been checked in etc). This was a good idea as that very day was, unbeknownst to me, the day that new mattresses were being installed in the rooms.

Upon entering the room, which was opened already, I was met by a woman that looked to be from mouse keeping. I said hello politely and asked how long they would be, because I was just married and my new wife and I would like the room. She didn't appear to speak the best English, and so I tried my best to communicate with her. After a few minutes, she went and got the crew of men handling the mattresses, and they swapped them out.

No harm, no foul, and I think everything is good when they leave the room.

WRONG.

Going back to find my wife, whose being photographed, etc., We enter the room together and I decided to lock BOTH locks on the door. Normally I would just do the bolt, but this time I instinctually did the manual "chain/hook" lock as well. This later proved to be smart.

After awhile, my new wife and I were "changing" and the door suddenly starts to make clicking noises! Eyes wide, we wonder what in the world is that, thinking maybe its just an excited child going to the wrong room. NOPE. The door clicks again and this time UNLOCKS AND OPENS UP, getting caught by the manual "chain/hook" lock at the top that I used.

Disney mouse keeping / service essentially had just entered WITHOUT KNOCKING on my door, directly after my wedding. Completely flabbergasted at the idea, I was shocked at the unlocking clicks, and relieved when I realized that the "BANG" of the door being caught on the "chain/hook" didn't allow them to actually enter.

In summery, my wedding night nearly turned into a exhibition.

I really haven't figured out how to tell Disney about this concern without making it more embarrassing, and as time goes on I wonder if it is too late.

Anyway, what's your moment of embarrassment at The WDW?

Seems like miscommunication. The mousekeeper thought you had left again and since she was just in there thought no knock was needed. I expect stuff like this to happen when I go to hotels so I ALWAYS lock the hook lol. I wouldn't worry about this. You locked the door and it did what it was supposed to, they didn't see anything.

BuddyThomas

Fun thread.

I'm pretty sure I can top every last one of these but since I'm posting under my real name and photo, that's probably not a great idea.

Let's just say that a friend of mine.....ahem.....yes, that's it, a friend.....well let's just say this friend of mine had a situation that involved getting accidentally locked out of my....I mean his, yes HIS room in the middle of the night.

Huh. On second thought, that doesn't sound that embarrassing.

Oh wait. I almost forgot. This situation also involved nudity.

;)

Brittany--

When I was younger, I had really bad anxiety and would cry to the point where I would throw up. On one of the trips when I was about 4/5(it was the year my icon picture was taken) I was super worked up about something and as we were walking past the Liberty Tree Tavern, the inevitable happened in the bushes right in front of the windows. Lets just say the people eating there got dinner and a show. My dad still reenacts it every time we walk past.

Sans Souci

Fun thread.

I'm pretty sure I can top every last one of these but since I'm posting under my real name and photo, that's probably not a great idea.

Let's just say that a friend of mine.....ahem.....yes, that's it, a friend.....well let's just say this friend of mine had a situation that involved getting accidentally locked out of my....I mean his, yes HIS room in the middle of the night.

;)

OK-I'll bite.

How does one lock one's self out of the hotel room, naked?

I assume you were not traveling alone, since you make no mention of going to Reception for help. Because I have this visual in my head of a guy covering himself and surreptitiously trying to get to Reception for help...and it's pretty damn funny.

BuddyThomas

OK-I'll bite.

How does one lock one's self out of the hotel room, naked?

I assume you were not traveling alone, since you make no mention of going to Reception for help. Because I have this visual in my head of a guy covering himself and surreptitiously trying to get to Reception for help...and it's pretty damn funny.
Well of course it wasn't me, but I have a feeling that my friend may have drank around the world at Epcot's World Showcase that day and then, when back in the room and having gone to bed, woke up and had to use the restroom.

Disoriented by the room layout (first night there) my friend based his trek to the restroom on his home apartment layout. That led him right out the front door of the room and into the hall.

By the time he cleared the sleep from his eyes, he heard SLAM! That was the sound of the door shutting and locking behind him.

Lucky for him, his pals, who had been at Jellyrolls, returned to the room and discovered him huddled like Gollum next to the door after about ten minutes. Also miraculously, only one person walked by in that entire time and they just kept walking. Or so I'm told.

My friend has never heard the end of this, by the way. Good thing my friend has a good sense of humor.

Fun thread.

;)

I can sympathise with your friend, it also happened to a erm friend of mine. Luckily my Friend found a phone on the hall way which by luck went straight to the front desk, who said they would send someone up asap. As my friend put the phone down the elevator bell went 'BING' and opened up to find a group of hen night girls laughing hysterically. NOT GOOD. What my FRIEND couldn't understand was he went to bed in his boxers yet they were no where to be found in the hall way or the room, so only god know where he went exploring

Britt

Our first embarrassing tale is my daughter's fear of roller coasters. She wanted nothing to do with roller coasters. Our first time at Disney- we thought the Barnstormer wasn't REALLY a coaster, talked her into it. She screamed the entire ride.. like someone was beating her. It was HORRIBLE.
Got off the ride, and my kid, who never raised her hand before, starts whacking her father on the leg screaming "you LIED! it was a ROLLER COASTER, DADDY! You LIED!!!!!!!!!!" Huge wracking sobs.
Everyone must have thought we were the worst parents ever. Never talked her into another ride again.
Our next embarrassing story was a repeat- she wanted to go on Space Mtn. a few years later. WE BEGGGED her not to, told her she'd hate it, insisted it was a roller coaster. She insisted. Repeat the screaming- So awful.
She still won't go near kiddie coasters and she's almost 9. Thank goodness she likes just walking around Disney!
This made me laugh so hard! "YOU LIED DADDY YOU LIED"

(And RIGHT?? I convinced my son to go on the Barnstormer thinking it was just a kiddy ride, it'd be nice and slow. I couldn't believe how fast that sucker was! ROFL He liked it a bit more than she did! lol)

Britt

On my latest trip in April the World Cheerleading Championships were going on at ESPN. While in line for Tower of Terror I zigged when a group of youngsters zagged and I took down 4 itsy-bitsy young ladies. I'm an even 6 ft. and weigh 210 lb., I doubt the 4 of them weighed that together. I apologized to all in attendance and still felt like the biggest dork in the world.
This made me lol so hard <3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom