Trip Report My Magical Christmas

So we've been back for about 2 weeks now, and for the first time ever there has been no PDD( post Disney depression) on my end(more on that later tho)! We had an amazing Christmas at Disney and I couldn't have left happier! Alright...here we gooo!

Friday, December 22nd...2 days before our trip..Brook had off from school, so we got up early to start our day and try to get everything done that needed doing. First and foremost was getting our nails done. We got to the salon at 9:20 am, only to see that they didn't open until 10...we decided to wait because I knew they would be busy and we wouldn't be back that way until after lunch time when we would be on our way home. I'm glad we waited because by the time we left there were lines out the door.I opted for a Christmas theme and Brook went with her usual Disney theme. She took this a day or 2 after we arrived...so cute!
teacupnails.jpg

After the nail salon we finished up at Target, 5 below and the Dollar Store. We got home around 3 pm and I was exhausted! There was still laundry to be done and alllll of our packing. We also still had to drop the dog at the kennel. Needless to say, there was no packing done that night. I had good intentions...

Saturday, December 23rd...The day before departure...

We celebrated Christmas at my mom's that day, but unfortunately Kevin had to work and couldn't make it. We had a nice day there eating and opening presents, but I was eager to get home and start packing. Kevin ended up working all day and didn't get home until around 4-5 pm. I headed home around the same time, but Brook opted to stay at my moms for a while longer. I was ok with it, but told her to be in my 9 that night to pack. She was home on time and by the time she started to pack, Kevin and I were 90% done. We all showered and got to bed early, as the alarm was set for 3:35 am the next day!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Arrival Day...Dec 24th con't...

So after hitting up Guest Relations for our magnets we stopped to watch the Storm Troopers! Though none of us are SW fans, the march is pretty cool and we all enjoyed it. We made our way into the park and who was right in front of me but Gus! I showed Brook and Kevin and they rolled their eyes, but I was excited...until he yelled at me lol. I yelled out...''Hi Gus,'' and waved like a fool....his response? '' It's officer Peabody'' and pointed to his name tag. That stopped me from asking for a pic and of we went lol.

At this point we had 2 hrs until our first FP, and Kevin was fading....FAST! He decided to head back to the hotel and wait for the room to be ready and then meet back up with us a few hrs later when it was time for our ToT and RnRC FP'S. Brook and I checked MDE and saw that TSMM was at 70 mins standby so we headed that way. By the time we got off we had only waited 45 mins total, not bad for Christmas Eve! Since I work at a bank and I as dressed like an olde timey bank robber, Brook snapped this gem of me
toystory.JPG

We then decided to head back to the hotel since our FP's were still hours away. It was hot, we had been up since 3:30am and wanted to shower. When we got back to FQ we decided to head to the food court and split some lunch. Well, I wanted some lunch and then Brook ended up stealing half of mine. I decided on the chicken power salad and took it back to the room. It was really good and we both enjoyed it! We showered, woke Kevin and the 3 of us headed back to HS at 3pm. We all did ToT and RnRC and then checked the app for any FP's. Muppets had an opening right away, so we wandered over that way. Kevin had to check in at work, so only Brook and I watched.

We had about 90 mins until our dinner ressie at Whispering Canyon, but we hopped on an empty bus and headed that way to check out the lobby. The tree in the lobby WAS GORGEOUS!! I was floored, it was incredible!
WLTREE.JPG
WLTREEWBROOK.JPG

We had to sit with Santa since it was Brooklyn's last Christmas before she turns 18;)

After our pics we sat and people watched. A little girl of about 5 yrs old ran to Santa and the joy on her face made me tear up, it was so genuine and pure magic for this little girl...it was neat to witness since it had been over a decade since Brook last believed lol.

At last it was time to check in for dinn. We were seated right away. Kevin and I decided on the all you can eat skillet and Brook got an adult sized order of chicken nuggets. Disney nuggs are her fave on the planet, so she eats her fair share when we are there. Once again there was no fun with our waitress which I why I said we'd never return a few years ago. I just don't understand why we never get lucky there or at Prime Time, unless they assumed Brook is an adult? Dinner was fine, I had been craving ribs the past few days, so I was happy to indulge.

We Uber'd back to FQ and decided to open presents so we'd have less to do in the morning. I set the alarm for 730 and we were out! We had an amazing first day and were all excited for what the rest of the week held in store!

21stamps

Ugh.. I’m so sorry about your WC experience. Did your server do the ketchup thing at least?
My only complaint is that I didn’t like the skillet, but it’s not my style of food so I knew that going in. I did enjoy the salad and bread.

I’m just in awe how you guys hop all over while there! Looks like a great first day!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Ugh.. I’m so sorry about your WC experience. Did your server do the ketchup thing at least?
My only complaint is that I didn’t like the skillet, but it’s not my style of food so I knew that going in. I did enjoy the salad and bread.

I’m just in awe how you guys hop all over while there! Looks like a great first day!

It's my own fault...the last 2 times there was no interaction...but Brook was excited to try it again. OMG...I totally forgot about this until you mentioned it now! Brook asked for ketchup and the waitress said something like....''Do u want me to call for it or do u just want a bottle?'' Brook opted for just a bottle..

The hopping that day was dumb...I had never arrived that early before so that kind of threw me off....but it was fine in the end! I forgot to add that we got a room text while in line for TSMM...right before noon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom