Trip Report My Magical Christmas

So we've been back for about 2 weeks now, and for the first time ever there has been no PDD( post Disney depression) on my end(more on that later tho)! We had an amazing Christmas at Disney and I couldn't have left happier! Alright...here we gooo!

Friday, December 22nd...2 days before our trip..Brook had off from school, so we got up early to start our day and try to get everything done that needed doing. First and foremost was getting our nails done. We got to the salon at 9:20 am, only to see that they didn't open until 10...we decided to wait because I knew they would be busy and we wouldn't be back that way until after lunch time when we would be on our way home. I'm glad we waited because by the time we left there were lines out the door.I opted for a Christmas theme and Brook went with her usual Disney theme. She took this a day or 2 after we arrived...so cute!
teacupnails.jpg

After the nail salon we finished up at Target, 5 below and the Dollar Store. We got home around 3 pm and I was exhausted! There was still laundry to be done and alllll of our packing. We also still had to drop the dog at the kennel. Needless to say, there was no packing done that night. I had good intentions...

Saturday, December 23rd...The day before departure...

We celebrated Christmas at my mom's that day, but unfortunately Kevin had to work and couldn't make it. We had a nice day there eating and opening presents, but I was eager to get home and start packing. Kevin ended up working all day and didn't get home until around 4-5 pm. I headed home around the same time, but Brook opted to stay at my moms for a while longer. I was ok with it, but told her to be in my 9 that night to pack. She was home on time and by the time she started to pack, Kevin and I were 90% done. We all showered and got to bed early, as the alarm was set for 3:35 am the next day!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Sunday, December 24th...DISNEY DAY!

My alarm went off at 3:35 that morning. I hopped up and went to Brook's room to wake her. We were all in vacation mode and walked out the door at 4:11. Kevin's dad had us to the airport by 4:22am. That's where we stopped making good time lol. The line for security was literally 5000 people deep!! I have never seen anything like that line in my life! It was nuts...we got in the back of the line with about an hour and 20 mins til boarding. I really thought there was a chance that we weren't going to make it! This is where it dawned on Brooklyn that she forgot her medication. I should have double checked, but it slipped my mind as well! Oops...bad mom award!The line moved QUICKLY and we were thru in about 25-30 mins!

After going thru security we were feeling GREAT! We made good time, got thru that horrid line, so now it was time for some breakfast. Mine and Brook's tradition is to get McDonald's, but Kevin wasn't feeling it. He sat with us while we ate tho. Brook got a meal and I opted for a fruit n yog parfait with a hash brown and diet coke :p. Kevin decided on Chinese lol...at 5am :hungover:. Aftr eating we sat at a quieter gate than ours and people watched until it was time to board. We like to be the last people on the plane so we don't have to sit there for any extra time. As we made our way to the front of the line, we could hear that a family did NOT want the exit row..score for us, we will gladly take the extra room any day of week! I offered to switch and everyone was happy with that! We settled in and we all slept for most of the flight. I can neverrrr fall asleep on planes, but I guess my body was confused as to why I was up at that ungodly hour! I was glad to have rested cuz we had a full day a head of us! We landed at 8:45...a few mins early and headed down to an empty ME pick up area! There was no one in FQ's line, so we walked right on the bus! It had a few parties already on board, and we took off about 10 mins later! Where were all the crazy crowds I'd heard about!? :joyfull:

FQ was 3rd on the drop off route. Right before we got there I got a text saying our room wasn't quite ready. That's ok...we came prepared! We got to FQ at 10 am and headed to the food court for a snack. All 3 of us just got a side of tots to hold us over until lunch. After eating we changed into Florida weather clothes and dumped our bags with Bell Services. The bus for HS was waiting for us as we got to the stop and we were off!! I was freaking ecstatic! Kevin....not so much. He had been having trouble sleeping the past few nights and was literally running on just a few hours of sleep for 3 days. He fell asleep on the bus, so I wasn't sure how long he was going to make it. I however, was on a mission. I got a pass holder email in early December saying they were giving away holiday car magnets at HS until Dec 17th and I was reallllyyyy bummed that we'd be missing it. A few days later I got another email saying the promo would be extended until the 23rd! Yessssss....they might still have them the next day when we arrived! So Guest relations was our first stop...and they had them!! I was soooo happy!!
xmaspassholdermag.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom