My Love For Disney is Being Tested Today

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

Stevek

Disney World offers adult 'Character Couture' makeovers for grown-up princesses

Dear Disney,

I love you, but why oh why do you keep pandering to the masses with this embarrassing junk? I mean I know why, but could you please show some restraint? I imagine it's just a matter of time before this comes to Anaheim.

Please stop. Please.

Kind regards,

Hans

Before:

View attachment 294202

After:

View attachment 294203

I can't. 😢
My wife and I would get a divorce if she did that.:p

Last edited:

TP2000

Disney World offers adult 'Character Couture' makeovers for grown-up princesses

Dear Disney,

I love you, but why oh why do you keep pandering to the masses with this embarrassing junk? I mean I know why, but could you please show some restraint? I imagine it's just a matter of time before this comes to Anaheim.

Please stop. Please.

Kind regards,

Hans

Before:

View attachment 294202

After:

View attachment 294203

I can't. 😢

The second from the left Housewife (Jasmine?) actually looks kind of better. The other three look worse, and even fatter, but like a kindergartner did their makeup and a seventh grade girl made their dresses in Home Ec class.

Why would these ladies agree to this level of public shaming? I hope they at least got a half dozen Fastpasses added to their MagicBands for this embarassment.

kevlightyear

Maybe don't shame people for how they spend their time and money? And maybe don't put down anyone for their looks from behind your keyboard?

These women picked out their outfits beforehand. All they paid for was a little pampering and a good time. There's obviously a market, so why shouldn't Disney offer it? This couldn't bother anyone that much, could it?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Maybe don't shame people for how they spend their time and money? And maybe don't put down anyone for their looks from behind your keyboard?

These women picked out their outfits beforehand. All they paid for was a little pampering and a good time. There's obviously a market, so why shouldn't Disney offer it? This couldn't bother anyone that much, could it?
images(24).jpg

smile

cuz diznee yo

this is nothing compared to having began the dumb princess craze in the first place...
to mention nothing of it's subsequent overcompensation.

twdc will take $50-$120 for nothing all day long

Last edited:

Rich T

Maybe don't be afraid to call Disney out on their more greedy and ridiculous moves?

All four women looked great pre-"princess." The end results are just sad (except maybe the Jasmine woman whose new hairdo showed more of her face), and it has nothing to do with their normal looks--it's just a bad make-over. The end result is not the fault of the women: It's Disney's fault.

"There's obviously a market, so why shouldn't Disney offer it?" Um, good taste? Knowing when bad is bad? Having the foresight to properly handle your brand without driving it into the ground? There's also obviously a market for professional wrestling and tongue piercing booths, but does that mean Disney should bring them into Disney parks, all Disney-fied?

Disneyland was originally meant to inspire as well as entertain. It's not supposed to encourage people to blow money on bad services and unfulfilled promises.

One way or another, those women deserve an apology from Disney and free APs for five years.

D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
"There's obviously a market, so why shouldn't Disney offer it?" Um, good taste? Knowing when bad is bad? Having the foresight to properly handle your brand without driving it into the ground? There's also obviously a market for professional wrestling and tongue piercing booths, but does that mean Disney should bring them into Disney parks, all Disney-fied?

Disneyland was originally meant to inspire as well as entertain. It's not supposed to encourage people to blow money on bad services and unfulfilled promises.

tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

FerretAfros

Yah, they would never stoop so low as to have professional wrestling at Disney World! ;)
WCWDisney2.jpg

WCWDisney6-700x524.jpg

Rich T

I'm constantly amazed by the folks who (assuming unpaid) will defend each and every Disney makes whether it be good, bad, great or terrible. I think some of them are just too young to have ever experienced what the parks *used* to be like, back when everyone got much, much more than their money's worth and everyone could afford to go to DL...
That's just Florida (southern) culture. Wrestling goes with NASCAR. I'm surprised there isn't better BBQ places on property.
DL used to have an awesome BBQ place. Thanks a lot, Star Wars. :D

Phroobar

I'm constantly amazed by the folks who (assuming unpaid) will defend each and every Disney makes whether it be good, bad, great or terrible. I think some of them are just too young to have ever experienced what the parks *used* to be like, back when everyone got much, much more than their money's worth and everyone could afford to go to DL...
DL used to have an awesome BBQ place. Thanks a lot, Star Wars. :D
It was ok. Maybe they will have Bantha Burgers and Dewback Ribs?

latest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom