My HUGE May 23 Everest pic update

1disneydood

Original Poster
I don't see how they could hide it from other lands but I'm sure if they wanted to they could figure something out. They can't do too much to the end of the river running by tTOL though.
Oh and I use a regular Kodak Easyshare DX 7440 on "Sport" setting. No extra lenses or anything. I should have bought the lens adapter with a telephoto. Then I could have gotten more detailed shots than what I have. :drevil:

DarkMeasures

drumbum67 said:
WOW! Awesome pics. I never really realized how big EE is compared to everything else. I wonder if, in the futere, Disney will put in some signs, backdrops, trees, etc. to try and hide EE from other lands...? They've always done a good job at keeping other lands out of view.

It's called a weenie. Disney will me more inclined for the mountain to be seen than hiding it. It's kinda like how you can see Tower of Terror from anywhere in DisneyMGM. Or the castle and spacemountain at the Magic Kingdom.

astewart

It's not really all that important to block out snow capped mountains from a lush forest theme. There are places in the world where at the foot of the mountain, there is a large jungle. And if the mountain is tall enough it would be snow capped too. So it wouldn't really hurt the theming in my mind anyway

1disneydood

Original Poster
True. And it won't bother me much. But I don't think that there are any snocapped mountains around places such as Harambe, well Africa like that. Either way I'll love it nomatter how obvious it is, It's kinda cool being so big. ;)

Pippa

Great pics, thanks. I'm just going to miss it opening in January as they are predicting, oh well an excuse to plan a trip in 06!!

WDWScottieBoy

I still wouldn't be surprised to see soft opening or AP previews around Christmas time. I've heard many CMs say they're really pushing for a Christmas opening date.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Nice pics!! I can't wait to see it finished. I still won't ride it though...not too fond of big drops and this one is 80'! Still will be nice to see it done and hear other peoples experiences of riding it.

goofyfan13

1disneydood said:
I never realized that. Thanx for sharing. Learn something new everyday. :)

Yea I wasn't sure at first either, but thinking about how tall it was I decided to look and see, and found some pictures. Glad to help. :wave:

SeiraB17

Amazing pictures, I didn't think it was going to be that big. I can't wait to get in there. Especially after they get all the theming around it done. Should be incredible!

1disneydood

Original Poster
SeiraB17 said:
Amazing pictures, I didn't think it was going to be that big. I can't wait to get in there. Especially after they get all the theming around it done. Should be incredible!

That area should be a land in itself. ;)

diddy_mouse

fabulous pictures...its always nice to see the progress on such a MASSIVE ride like this one. definitely on my "to-do" list once it opens. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom