Pre-Trip My Dream Vacation...a June 2014 PTR

I know, I know, I have a really long time before our trip, but I'm so flippin' excited that I wanted to share with y'all!
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, Logan (10), Lily (8), and Owen (5)
My mom and dad (or Nanny and Papaw to the kids)
My brother Scott, my SIL Beth, and my twin nieces Macy and Allison (3)

Here is a pic of my parents and kids from our last family trip in Oct. 2011

Here is our family

Here is one of my favorite pics of me and Brian

And here is one of my favorites of the kids

Here is one of me and Owen from our trip last December

I still have to get permission from my brother and SIL to post pics of my nieces. So hopefully I can have some up soon.

What: A 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Disney Dream followed by 4 days at WDW

When: We set sail on June 19, 2014

Where: We will be staying in deluxe oceanview staterooms with verandahs. Our rooms are all in a row so we can open the partitions and have 1 large verandah. We are in rooms 6044, 6042, and 6040.

Thanks to Tammy(@Disneyfalcon) for all her help getting this set up for us!!

DisSplash

By the way, I also agree with your mom that your grandma would have been thrilled to see you all having fun together!! Kudos to your mom for dreaming up your family's dream vacation!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Did you get those on Etsy? We are taking a cruise in January and I WANT, WANT, WANT those too!
I got them through ebay. The seller is forlittleones11. She was great to work with. She set up a new listing for me so I could get the correct number of cases and had really fast turnaround time!
By the way, I also agree with your mom that your grandma would have been thrilled to see you all having fun together!! Kudos to your mom for dreaming up your family's dream vacation!
This year has been tough with all the firsts without her, but I also agree that she would be thrilled with all of us having quality time together!

Thanks for reading!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I found iron on patches to go with 3 of the 4 hair bows! Now I am hoping I can find some cute tops at the end of summer clearance sales to put the patches on!

And another patch just because Lily liked it when we were looking for the others!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
You are SO on the the ball! I love it!!! We are 259 days out (I know seems so far away)!!! And I have done nothing other then book the room! LOL! Planning for Disney is 1/2 the fun isn't it?
Thanks! Yes, planning is definitely 1/2 the fun! Hope you have a great trip!

FlaggNL

wow, you are exiicted about the trip! Love all the 'for work' you are doing! The cook-party looks nice! Enjoy the upcomming pre-trip feelings :) I will keep following :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Well. we are down to 232 days!! I have started getting bags ready to give my parents and my brother's family (and one for my kids) at Christmas. I will include the autograph books, the autograph pillowcases, one of these for each room:
IMG_5655.JPG

My kids just do not do well with bar soap when they are washing their hands, so I find the liquid soap much easier and neater!
I also just got these off etsy to include:
IMG_5654.JPG

I'm thinking about making a bound itinerary booklet for each family too, but those may not get done in time for Christmas. We shall see!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
180 days!!! I made all of our ADRs this morning. Unfortunately, I had to call for the majority of them because the computer didn't realize that we were coming back after the cruise and staying on property and wouldn't let me book anything other than the very first night. So, here is our tentative schedule:
Wed, June 18 -fly from Columbus to MCO (we wanted to fly from Dayton, but the only nonstop doesn't get into MCO until 4 pm and we wanted to be there earlier, so I think we are going to take the 6 am nonstop from Columbus instead.
-DtD +/- Disneyquest and swimming/exploring AoA
-Chef Mickey's at 6:55 pm
Thurs, June 19-Sun, June 22 -Disney Dream
Sun, June 22 -MK (evening EMH)
-Crystal Palace at 6 pm
Mon, June 23 - DHS (evening EMH)
-Mama Melrose's Fantasmic! lunch package 12:00
-Sci Fi Dine-In 4:30 for milkshakes
Tues, June 24 -AK
-Tusker House 10:30 am
-Boma 6:00pm
Wed, June 25 -Epcot
-Garden Grill 5:30 pm
Thurs, June 26 -MK (morning EMH)
-CRT 9:20 am
-Artist Point 7:10 pm for my brother and his wife
Fri, June 27 -departure day
-'Ohana 9:00 am

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
The dessert party should be SO fun. Your plans look great, so exciting!

Btw...I have the Minnie hand soap. That stuff smells amazing.
I'm really excited for the dessert party! We've never done it before, so something new to look forward to. My kids love that soap! We always have one or the other in their bathroom!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
161 days to go!! I just finished booking our airfare, so it seems that much more real! We will be flying Southwest and leaving from Columbus at 6:00 am :jawdrop:, but that puts us in Orlando at 8:00 am and a whole day to relax, swim, and shop before the cruise starts. Then our flight leaves Orlando at 3:10 pm, so just enough time for our 'Ohana breakfast before having to catch DME. Now to get trip insurance for us.:arghh: It seems like there is always something else to do once one thing is finished!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom