My Disney Documentary.

MKBurn15

Re: MKBurn15

Originally posted by ClemsonTigger
For your communication documentary, I would suggest comparing Disney communication (everything is perfect) to the media approach to Disney (we have to find something wrong with them) to the reality somewhere in between.

There is a whole lot of background data you can get on this site!
I don't get it...:confused:

vhsshoulddie

Original Poster
The full documentary would be released by the end of the 50th anniversary of Disneyland celebration. That is the time frame we are expecting. But we will have weekly stories posted on our website or Disney's site. We are hoping to do a official offical official announcement when our website will go online July 1.

StevenT

Re: Re: MKBurn15

Originally posted by MKBurn15
I don't get it...:confused:

Okay simply speaking compare Disney as being perfect, Disney through the eyes of the Media (far from perfect), and the more realistic medium in-between (not perfect, but better than potrayed by the media)

That is how I read it. :)

MKBurn15

Re: Re: Re: MKBurn15

Originally posted by StevenT
Okay simply speaking compare Disney as being perfect, Disney through the eyes of the Media (far from perfect), and the more realistic medium in-between (not perfect, but better than potrayed by the media)

That is how I read it. :)
Got it.:)

se8472

Welp if you want any CM's to talk about Space Mountain, I am willing.

Good Luck on all of it...I look forward to the end result

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by vhsshoulddie
Some people have asked how could I be so lucky to get this gig. Well I shall tell you. Persistance pays off. We sent Disney 300 letters and several video documentary's that we did on our own while travelling down there for 2 years. And we finally got a call back on it.

Disney thought it was an interesting idea. So we pitched it and wala, we go it. All in all we spent 10k of our own money to get this far and will make nothing on this project unless it became very very popular. But just the fun in doing this will be enough.

So, you and your buddy are independently wealthy and are willing to drop $10,000 to do an amateur documentary on WDW, and then spend however much more you'll have to spend in food and living expenses (minus hotel room supposedly)?

I guess I must have missed some other posts by you somewhere. Are you with a company or is it just you 2 random guys who don't have jobs and and are blowing tons of cash to do some videotaping?

It seems awfully fishy that WDW would just let "some guy" come in and video tape everything, harass poor first-timer guests for an entire day, and even give free rooms at the resort for 6 months! Forgive me for being so cynical, but I find this VERY hard to believe.

Please correct me if I missed the thread where you explained that you actually work for Fodors or the Unofficial Guide and this really is your job, and you're not just some jobless dude throwing money around to make a pretend movie?

epcotfan

will stay in Different resorts but mostly staying in the value resorts but will stay in the others during slow times. To offset the cost of me staying in Disney for FREE. I will make my own bed and tidy up the room myself. Not a bad deal.

It would cost over $28,835.00 to stay in a value resort for a year if the rooms were going for $79.00 a night. I really can't see Disney giving up that much income on a room. I don't understand how making your own bed will offset the costs? Housekeeping labour doesn't come close to the cost of one room for a year.Plus, you will still need clean sheets and towels, toilet paper, etc so they are still losing money on that room whether you save the mousekeeper 3 minutes by making your bed. No savings there.

Perhaps I'm a bit skeptical, but I find it hard to believe they would let someone have free range access to everything and accomodate them for over a year. :zipit: ...before I get myself in trouble ;)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Story smells like monorail...

So, you and your buddy are independently wealthy and are willing to drop $10,000 to do an amateur documentary on WDW, and then spend however much more you'll have to spend in food and living expenses (minus hotel room supposedly)?

Very good call edwardtc

Kind of wondered at the grammar and structure of the initial postings, doesn't look like someone who would be able to organize this level of work for a year. Also, I would have expected some response to your post, but our documentarian has gone rather silent

Tom

Beta Return
Re: Story smells like monorail...

Originally posted by ClemsonTigger

Very good call edwardtc

Kind of wondered at the grammar and structure of the initial postings, doesn't look like someone who would be able to organize this level of work for a year. Also, I would have expected some response to your post, but our documentarian has gone rather silent

Thanks, I just try to piece things together...and this one had WAY too many missing pieces!

Folks, please don't fall for all of this. Perhaps this guy IS indeed making a documentary, but I'm 99.9% sure he will not be staying at WDW for months or years with free room-and-board; and he won't have full access to Imagineering, Backstage, etc.

Nobody, not even the CRAZIEST WDW fan on here (even me) would spend $10,000 and write 300 (haha, yeah right) letters to WDW just to live there a year and play with my sony handicam, unless of course we had won the lottery!

Yes, I'm skeptical....very....and as Clemson stated, we haven't seen hide nor hair of our videographer :veryconfu

MKBurn15

Re: Re: Story smells like monorail...

Originally posted by edwardtc
Thanks, I just try to piece things together...and this one had WAY too many missing pieces!

Folks, please don't fall for all of this. Perhaps this guy IS indeed making a documentary, but I'm 99.9% sure he will not be staying at WDW for months or years with free room-and-board; and he won't have full access to Imagineering, Backstage, etc.

Nobody, not even the CRAZIEST WDW fan on here (even me) would spend $10,000 and write 300 (haha, yeah right) letters to WDW just to live there a year and play with my sony handicam, unless of course we had won the lottery!

Yes, I'm skeptical....very....and as Clemson stated, we haven't seen hide nor hair of our videographer :veryconfu
I would.

Danrol388

Where did he go???

The guy hasnt even responded......where did VS go :lookaroun :lookaroun :confused:

I think someone was pulling our leg and when things got ugly ran away.:hammer:

edwardtc I think u ruined his plans and scared him away.

Tom

Beta Return
Re: Where did he go???

Originally posted by Danrol388
The guy hasnt even responded......where did VS go :lookaroun :lookaroun :confused:

I think someone was pulling our leg and when things got ugly ran away.:hammer:

edwardtc I think u ruined his plans and scared him away.

WOOT!

When you come on here and start blabbing, you REALLY need to think your story through completely. There are some people on here who don't just fall for every tall tale that comes thru, heehee.

It honestly just seemed way too fishy and I was originally just asking for some back-up documentation.

Honestly, why would someone post an outlandish story like that? Were they trying to gain the respect of a bunch of fellow Disney fans who he's never met? I'm not impressed - I just think it's stupid. I mean, come on, you can't honestly stay there a YEAR and not go nuts. I have to limit myself so that it will still be magical the next time - I would NEVER want to go year-round. And I know I would not want to "live" in a hotel room that long either.

Too weird, but you're right - he's a fake and we caught him! :sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
Sorry - I'm hung up on this...and since it's late and I'm tired, I'm over-analyzing, HAHA! I think that Mr Documentary Guy's 14 or so posts haven't given him the time to realize that some of us aren't as dumb as we look

Well after keeping silent for almost 3 months my negotiations are almost complete and I can speak about it.
Oooooh - topsecret, shhhhh!

For my first real Documentary I am will have full Access to the Disney World Resorts. I will be staying on Disney property for 6-12 moths. I am going to document everything possible in Disney. But most importantly this is about the parks, the people who work there and the people who visit the parks.
Full access? I think 'ol Michael Eisner still has to check in before just roaming around with new security!

I will stay in Different resorts but mostly staying in the value resorts but will stay in the others during slow times. To offset the cost of me staying in Disney for FREE. I will make my own bed and tidy up the room myself. Not a bad deal.
Wow, that is a heck of a deal! Too good to be true...mousekeeping doesn't cost them $50 a night, they can't afford to give away a room for a year!

We have several ideas in the works for what we want to do. I would like a daily and or weekly video journal on the Disney website but we are still negotiating that. Also might have an office in the old Animation studio building at MGM.
DAMN, I want an office on Disney Property, INSIDE A PARK! And I want to eat up Disney's bandwith with crappy video too! With as tasteful and tidy their site is, I guarantee no schlub is going to get space to upload his PERSONAL comments on things - if it isn't blessed by the mouse, it will not be seen!

I want to be able to follow guests around all day especially those coming to the parks for the first time. I will also document a day in the life of Disney Cast Members from management and on down. But the fun one will be the imaginears.......
If I was a guest, especially a FIRST-TIME guest, I would punch someone in the face if they tried to follow me around the parks with a videocamera - SERIOUSLY! The surveys are enough for me, let alone being harassed all day! And the Imagineers, what few there actually are in Florida, would LOVE to be followed all day too!

I will have a website up this summer. And anyhelp from you guys would be appreciated. What you would like to see would be great.
So, there isn't a website yet because he ran out of money mailing letters! A good documentarian would know what their plan is and not have to survey the public FIRST - wow!

The dates of which I will be there are not confirmed as of yet. Either Sept 1 or Nov 1. I will also have to go thru 1 week Disney Crash Course training.
Not confirmed yet.....riiiiiight. And does "crash course training" mean "Traditions"? You usually know the class you have to take, and since he's not being PAID, he's not an employee.

And Will have my own Directors Coat and Shirt and Disney Name tag.
What the hell is a Directors Coat? And only Cast Members get name tags!

I am not getting paid for this. But Since I love Dinsey I thought it would be well worth it. We are expecting to have 10k hours of footage which I will have help to break down into several small documentary's and a few bigger ones. I would love to get it on the Disney channel.
Wow, 10,000 hours of footage - that's about 416 days, if he filmed 24 hours a day! That's REALLY hard to do in 6-12 months, HAHA!

And yes this will be one giant disney commercial but who cares, it will be fun.
No, they PAY to have Disney Commercials made!:lol:

You may check out his first lie here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=543128#post543128

Cast member, eh? Hiding in the parks, eh? Why do you need to LIE to us, vhs? SO lame!!!

Pirate665

I like the fact that he never stated once that he would eventually have to eat. Disney pick that bill up to? Don't think so...

ZHoyt

Originally posted by MKBurn15
Really? Could you help me with my Disney Documentary? I plan to do a ten-minute documentary on the Communication of Disney World and how it communicated to the world? This is for my school history day project.(The theme is Communication in History) Could you act as a primary source even as just for some info? I plan to tape some footage myself down in WDW. Of course I think I have to give some background on Walt first... If you can help me please e-mail me.

Try finding a copy of Vinyl Leaves by Michael Fjellman (I think that's the right spelling). You can find info on it at Amazon, and might be able to find a copy at a local college library. Possibly even a public library.

Timekeeper

Smoke and Mirrors

WDW doesn't give their own CM's this much access.

Think about it. With that much access, along with documenting all the good comes all the bad. While most of us don't think about it, just imagine all the behind the scenes corruption, dishonesty, and all that other negative stuff that goes on at any company (Disney or otherwise.) Disney would not risk such exposure. That's why laisons are appointed to guide all media personel - such as the Travel Channel.

Thousands of hours of videotape? I'm sure Disney would insist on viewing all of this material before releasing it. That means paying a Disney employee to do so - not gonna happen.

Tk

Punkss

To stay a year on property would be unfeasible methinks, especially to make a one hour documentary or even a series. 365 days to edit into even 5 hours of programming would be silly. And the economics of it.

Also i concur with Edwardtc on the first-time visitors bit, i certainly wouldn't want a camera following me on my first trip to Disney. I think when i got in September first time since i was 9 i will be emotional and very excited. Surveys i could do, thats ok but being on camera no thanks! (Security cameras i don't mind!)

I think we may been hoaxed. If he has, what was the point of writing all that. Get a life man and speak to people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom