My Biggest Test Track Fear

NadieMasK2

Original Poster
:eek: Somebody please put my mind at ease about this. I have heard about how often the ride breaks down. Has anyone ever broke down while on the fast loop outside? I think I would have serious heart failure if it broke down on a steep bank, high above everything (fear of heights).

I was holding my breath the whole time last trip asking the GM gods to please let me get through the outside part without a breakdown!

CleveRocks

I'm no ride engineer, but I'd have to assume that, at 60 MPH, your momentum would keep you moving right along for a while if it all of a sudden broke down.

Better to break down outside than in the heat room or cold room, know what I mean?

Jazmine's man

It did happen to me about 3 years ago. We were outside just before the car reachs hi speed. Its no big deal. Your sitting in a car for God's sake, not dangling from a piece of rope. And we got to do the ride again without having to wait through the line again.

NadieMasK2

Original Poster
It did happen to me about 3 years ago. We were outside just before the car reachs hi speed. Its no big deal. Your sitting in a car for God's sake, not dangling from a piece of rope. And we got to do the ride again without having to wait through the line again.

Since you hadn't hit high speed then I assume you were not in a sharp banked position, that would be a little different.

sbkline

:eek: Somebody please put my mind at ease about this. I have heard about how often the ride breaks down. Has anyone ever broke down while on the fast loop outside? I think I would have serious heart failure if it broke down on a steep bank, high above everything (fear of heights).

I was holding my breath the whole time last trip asking the GM gods to please let me get through the outside part without a breakdown!

I'd be more afraid of the next car coming around at 60mph and rear ending me. :D

peter_pan_man

I wouldn't worry about getting stuck on the track, its the best part (i wish it would go more than 60mph!)...just hope you don't get stuck in the heat room. We were stuck in there for like 5 mins, but it felt A LOT longer. After a couple mins I was calling upon the Disney gods to PLEASE make the car move forward. :eek:

Every morning before the park opens up, while walking through test track we get to see them testing out their systems and cars. I once saw them make the car make the side loop and brake all of a sudden. You could hear the "halt" "brake system" a mile away! It was neat.

Edit: It happened to me a month ago btw in which it did stop right away to a screech halt. Just like how they test them in the mornings.

MickeyTigg

I have yet to see this ride breakdown while I've been on it.

mharrington

I've never experienced a breakdown on Test Track.

I'm no ride engineer, but I'd have to assume that, at 60 MPH, your momentum would keep you moving right along for a while if it all of a sudden broke down.

Better to break down outside than in the heat room or cold room, know what I mean?

Been there, done that! Cold room for about 10-15 min and the corrosion chamber for about 3-5 (that smell was awful)! I think they may have forgotten about my car when I was stuck in the cold room. My DH and I decided to ride in the singles line to get one more ride that day and he said that he had been waiting outside for 10 min for me, and he was only 2 cars ahead of me. They certainly did notice us when some of the people in my car started to get up and move around....the test track gods told them to return to the car.:lol: Eventually someone came and walked us out.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

I did make a post about this a lonnnngggg time ago. We had a tyre go, I seem to remember a fairly abrupt stop, lots of burning smells and a rather uncomfortable wait on the fast bank. Lots of people looking and pointing and there must have been quite a few villages missing idiots that afternoon, judging buy their comments. the maintenance team had gone to the vehicle behind us first but I cant remember what they said. We were then brought in at a crawl with the car speaking "LEFT" "LEFT" all the way in a realy loud voice and lots of curious looks at the loading bay.

Sadly I didnt have my camera. but it wasnt scary......honest.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just remember if you do stop anywhere, so have all the cars behind you - you won`t get hit. It`s called a casdade stop.

If you have to stop on the banked turn, the angle was so designed not to be too uncomfortable. Original specs were for a higher speed, which would have lead to a higher angle of banked track, but it was determined the angle would be too uncomfortable to be strapped into a stationary vehicle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom