Must say I am shocked

careship

I don't know if anyone remembers what a bad trip 2 of them we had last year. Wrong room, not enough beds, moving us around daily, they screwed up our reservations and we spent alot of time trying to fix their mistakes. I talked to someone on the phone after we got back last year about it and never heard anything again...got an email a couple weeks ago where guest communications was following up and wanted more information. Told them what all happened and that it was no big deal but they needed to be aware of the problems we encountered and a CM that we encountered that the resort took care of for us etc...

Thought it was weird to hear almsot a year later but I was so shocked when I got an email apology along with a refund for one of our nights stay and 4 1 day hopper passes for the family to be used anytime they never expire.

I called her back and said I didn't want that, I just wanted to make sure they knew and that some other family didn't go through what we did. Besides, I just bought AP's...LOL...we are going back in Oct.

I wanted to let everyone know that believe it or not....they do care. Sometimes it's just the wrong person you talk to. I am extremely delighted and impressed that they took care of our situation in such a manner. It was totally unexpected and not neccessary. But you could tell she cared and wanted to make it right...so for those of you who think nobody cares, they do you just don't always know it right away.

Kudos to WDW Guest Communications for going above and beyond the call of Disney duty and I want everyone there if they read this to know....they can be magical when they want to...

Chape19714

Wow, what a great POSTIVE thread. I was on a broken down ride once and they gave us FP's good for all day. Disney at it's best. disney does care, believe it or not. hey, i would have taken the tickets and brought friends. lol. anyway, good to hear from someone who has experenced it first hand.

btw, probally could have gone in General Disscussion.

Upvote 0

careship

Original Poster
Chape19714 said:
Wow, what a great POSTIVE thread. I was on a broken down ride once and they gave us FP's good for all day. Disney at it's best. disney does care, believe it or not. hey, i would have taken the tickets and brought friends. lol. anyway, good to hear from someone who has experenced it first hand.

btw, probally could have gone in General Disscussion.

I wasn't sure where to put it....do you ever have those days when you really want to tell something but there are way too many choices of where??

I wanted to make sure that people know Disney magic isn't all gone.

Upvote 0

careship

Original Poster
Just to clear that before anyone thinks otherwise.....

I wasn't looking for or expecting anything from Disney. I just wanted to let them know that they were having problems somewhere so they could look into it and make sure it wasn't something that was being messed up frequently....

Upvote 0

tigsmom

careship said:
Just to clear that before anyone thinks otherwise.....

I wasn't looking for or expecting anything from Disney. I just wanted to let them know that they were having problems somewhere so they could look into it and make sure it wasn't something that was being messed up frequently....

I knew that. Its just that there are some people (nobody here in particular) that never seem tired of tryin to work the system.
Stuff happens & we all have bad days, but reporting it is the only way to go. :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Careship, You didnt sound like you wanted anything in compensation at all ( or at least not to me) But I Am glad to see Disney still remembers that it is Guest satisfaction that is the key in all of this. I am happy to hear they wanted to make things right with you and the good will that this generates will far outweight the cost of the items that were given to you!! This kind of care would far more influence me to vacation at Disney than any type of an ad campaign. Im sure Marketing and Guest Relations know this as well. Great for you!!! Happy to hear it once again!!! Belle

Upvote 0

aimster

Well, if you don't want those four 1 day hopper passes, I'll take them! :lol:

Hey my birthday is coming up next month and I'm desperate for a Disney fix!

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

That's a wonderful story! Just goes to show you the magic that comes with a Disney vacation and even afterwards!

Aimster: love the signature! "Your" signature should be driven into the heads of all students! Same for "their" and "there"! :)

Upvote 0

Woody13

Thanks for sharing your story careship! :wave: I agree. Most of the CM's at WDW do care and they will go out of their way to help guests. It does seem strange that it took so long for your situation to be addressed, but I suppose "better late, than never" applies in this circumstance.

In my experience, the "magic" at WDW is the direct result of the hard work and dedication shown by the CM's! I'm glad to hear that they impressed you too.

Upvote 0

CubbieMan

Like any customer service job it depends on the person...I have been involved in customer service since I was 16...very rarely have I seen poor customer service due to the company's lack...more often it is dependent on the person..some people are just lazy and thinks it's too much of a hassle...but believe me any successful company wants happy customers...repeat business..one negative experience should never reflect the company as a whole..:)

Upvote 0

careship

Original Poster
I just thought it would be nice to let people know that they really still care about their guests. I actually have reservations for October and they applied the night to that and I will end up donating the tickets if they can't figure out how to apply it to next stay. I am sure there is something through church or school where they can be used.

Upvote 0

Shaman

Thats great!

Its nice to see a thread address the positives...because I think that there sure are more positives than negatives when talking about the Disney experience...

:wave:

Upvote 0

swimmom

You were obviously non-confrontational in your communcations as well. Customer service representatives are more than happy to accomodate people that are not yelling and screaming at them. After all the error is not made by the rep. I myself always remain calm in these situations and try not to let my husband get involved and we always get good results. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I am a firm beliver in letting managment know when things go wrong, otherwise they have no idea and you end up resentful with out giving them an opprotunity to make things better.

If anyone remember my pregnant rant at McDonalds and the wonderful manager that actually made a home delivery for me. (a post made about a month ago.) I didn't expect anything but just let them know I wasn't happy, and the manager really went out of her way for me. I think Disney is known for this kind of service and we people get less then that it is disapointing. Disney is held to higher standards and wonderful customer service.

Glad to hear they listened to your complaint and made efforts to show you your previous treatment was not aceptable.

You can always hold on the passes, they are good forever and you might not have always have AP, our might have guests along sometime.

Upvote 0

imamouse

I'm happy to offer another example of Disney service at it's finest.

Our family had the bad luck to be at WDW for a week in Sept 1999 during Hurricane Floyd. It was the first time that WDW in FL had to shut down. The CMS could not get to work due to the evacuate routes being jammed, etc. The storm was due to hit during the night, so the afternoon and evening before, the All-Star Music's food court just brought the racks of baked goods, etc around to the front of the counter and people bagged up what they wanted (for breakfast the following AM) and told the cashiers what they had on the way out. We used the in-room recycling bins as ice chests (for OJ, milk & cream cheese for our bagels) and hunkered down to ride out the storm. Actually, we spent the evening sitting outside our door, chatting with a great family from Germany. We weren't too concerned, 'cos WDW had done an excellent job of keeping the guests notified of current weather conditions and operating hours (notes in the room or on the door 2-3 times/day). Folks on the bottom floors of some bldgs were evacuated to Coronado Springs convention center for the night in case of flooding.
Anyway, the next day, all of WDW was closed, except AK opened at noon. We had the Ultimate PH (length-of-stay) plan, so since we were paying for park admissions anyway, we went to AK and had a great time. It wasn't crowded (mid-Sept) & since the other Orlando attractions had announced they were open, I think a lot of folks went to Sea World, etc that day. No food carts were open and only 2 restaurants, but it was a good day considering the conditions.
That night, after hearing about the storm damage in our home state of NC, we talked to GR about cutting our vacation short in order to get home and take care of any damages. Again, since we had the length-of-stay plan, and had paid in advance, but were leaving early, we wondered about the possibility of a small refund (1 day) of our package. The CM in GR assured us this would not be an issue, all we had to do was write a letter to GR (main) explaining the situation when were got home.
So we went home early and were lucky to not have any damage to our home. A week later, I wrote the letter and was surprised to receive credit for not just 1 day (requested), but 2 days of our package! It was never explained (just "here's your refund") but I'm guessing they also refunded us for the day that all but AK was closed. We gave it right back to Disney by going down that Christmas to finish up our interrupted vacation. We were, and still are extremely happy with WDW and have this WOW story as a specific example.

Upvote 0

aimster

wannab@dis said:
Aimster: love the signature! "Your" signature should be driven into the heads of all students! Same for "their" and "there"! :)

Don't forget "they're". :lol:

Actually, that quote is from the show Friends, but I can be very retentive about grammar (even though I'm guilty of making the occasional typo myself)... so it's perfect.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom