Must Haves - California Grill & Narcossee's

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Original Poster
Hey Guys --

first time at both CG and Narcossee's on our upcoming annual May family vacation -

Any specialties or "must haves" from those who have frequented these famous establishments!?

Thanks for whatever info you can provide!

Foolish Mortal

Narcoossee's, excellent selection ! Love this place. It's a must do on all 3 of my yearly mental therapy breaks. I like CG and have it booked for my upcoming my trip, but not as much as Narcs. As for what to get at Narcs. My mom always gets the lobster and has never had a complaint. I always go with the surf and turf. Back in December they had an 8oz filet stuffed with crab meat. If it's available in May, I will order it again. Here's a pic of all 3. If you'd like, I also have some appetizer pics and the worlds best Strawberry Shortcake. Good eating to ya, enjoy. Please resurrect this thread after your trip, I'd like to hear what ya got and thought.

img5420v.jpg

img5114p.jpg

img5116.jpg

scbb11Sketch

That looks awesome. My family has gone to Shula's and Le Cellier, but I didn't really know about Narcoosee's this year until it was too late to make a reservation. I definitely am putting it on our list for next time.

DisneyPrincess5

The Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta at the California Grill is THE BEST meal I've ever eaten on Disney property, and one of the best ever anywhere!!!!!! You must try it. It's a beautiful restaurant-enjoy!!

ShookieJones

Original Poster
Narcoossee's, excellent selection ! Love this place. It's a must do on all 3 of my yearly mental therapy breaks. I like CG and have it booked for my upcoming my trip, but not as much as Narcs. As for what to get at Narcs. My mom always gets the lobster and has never had a complaint. I always go with the surf and turf. Back in December they had an 8oz filet stuffed with crab meat. If it's available in May, I will order it again. Here's a pic of all 3. If you'd like, I also have some appetizer pics and the worlds best Strawberry Shortcake. Good eating to ya, enjoy. Please resurrect this thread after your trip, I'd like to hear what ya got and thought.

img5420v.jpg

img5114p.jpg

img5116.jpg

Holy wow!!!! That all looks amazing.....im getting hungry already:) thanks for the info and the pics - i will make sure to report back.

ShookieJones

Original Poster
The Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta at the California Grill is THE BEST meal I've ever eaten on Disney property, and one of the best ever anywhere!!!!!! You must try it. It's a beautiful restaurant-enjoy!!

Thanks dp5, those are some words of encouragement right there, not to mention that i be loving me some pork tenderloin! so im already on board with that!

ShookieJones

Original Poster
....(which any other choice would be a fatal mistake!!) let me know how you like it!
:ROFLOL:LOL.....

Point taken! I will report back...maybe from the table with a full belly. :slurp:
I know you guys are at WDW the same time as us....so keep an eye on your mobile device you may have an instant update!

rstaut

We're trying Narcoossee's for the first time this this September. This whole time I've been thinking Surf & Turf, but seeing that crab stuffed tenderloin.....I really hope they have that available then!

popsicletrees

Whenever I go to Cali Grill I always get Yoshie's Deluxe Sushi Platter. It is really so good!

Here is a picture of the half-eaten platter:

IMG_0185.jpg

Last time I was there I had the Bananas and Caramel dessert there. It was also really good.

IMG_0187.jpg

At Narcoossee's the Surf 'n' Turf and the Lobster Tail are both really good.

IMG_0667.jpg

Unfortunately I went in January and the strawberry shortcake was not available, but the key lime creme brulee, almond-crusted cheesecake, and the chocolate cake were:

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

ShookieJones

Original Poster
That bananas and caramel looks delicious!

My daughter and i love sushi so i think we may have found our app!

Fla_Purls

Last time we went to Narcoossee's, they did not have the strawberry shortcake that I always hear people talking about but they did have a killer cherries jubilee. Absolutely everything my party had was terrific though, including my choice of the vegetarian dinner.

Same with California Grill, I've never had anything there that I didn't like, although one thing we ALWAYS get when we go is their cheese plate. In my opinion, always worth it, every time.

debpeduz

The entree's at both places are great, as already mentioned, but you have to get the almond crusted cheesecake at Narcoossee's! It is fantastic!

bmarkelon

I agree with both of those Cali suggestions, that pork tenderloin is one of the best entrees on Disney properties and my brother (big sushi fan) said the spicy kAzan roll was amazing.
I had the surf and turf at Narcoosee's and definitely recommend it. They were also offering during that time a different twist on fried calamari for an app and it was probably the best I have ever had, delicious!!
Both are fabulous choices for restaurants and you should be quite pleased no matter what you pick!

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I didn't take this, I googled it, but this is the Spicy Kazan Roll. The orange stuff is spicy mayo and there are scallops in there too. I think the roll is crab and shrimp. Now I'm hungry.

080102caligrill.jpg

ShookieJones

Original Poster
I didn't take this, I googled it, but this is the Spicy Kazan Roll. The orange stuff is spicy mayo and there are scallops in there too. I think the roll is crab and shrimp. Now I'm hungry.

080102caligrill.jpg

My goodness that looks good!! I cant wait! This the best kind of torture!

bluejasmine

The calamari at narcossee was very good, I got the whole steamed lobster, the lobster was very chewy but the pasta that came with it was amazing and the almond encrusted cheesecake was the best cheesecake I've ever eaten!
Calli GRill the sushi is amazing and my husband got the bananas and caramel and it also was wonderful!
If I had to choose just one it would be Calli Grill the whole experience was awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom