Muslim Woman's head scarf

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAF

Old News. If she can't adhere to the dress code then don't work there, end of story.

tigsmom

there is a thread discussing this... she took the job knowing full well what the dress requirements were (and she adhered to them), now she wants to change?
:zipit::zipit:

mickey2008.1

i own my own busness, and dress codes are dress codes, dont take the job f you cant adhere to them. Its upfront and direct. Period!

ErickainPA

She is in the wrong, besides it is not mandatory for her to wear the scarf, but Disney is allowing her to wear it anyway, although she didn't wear it for 2 yrs. She is just trying to get free money sounds like. Other cast members are not allowed to wear crosses or other things visible on their lapels. Sue happy new American we have here sounds like.

Wilt Dasney

The lawsuit is a new wrinkle since I first posted this a few days ago. Originally it was just a complaint.

Whether you agree with her or not, Disney has set a precedent by settling with an ex-employee on this exact issue a few years ago before a trial could be concluded. It should be interesting to see if they're willing to fight when it's a current employee.

miles1

The timing of this dispute is interesting given the current Mosque dispute in New York City. I can understand her wishes to freely practice her religion, but in both cases using the legal system to force the issue on an American public that's already leary of Muslims is not a good way to make friends and gain influence.

Wilt Dasney

The timing of this dispute is interesting given the current Mosque dispute in New York City. I can understand her wishes to freely practice her religion, but in both cases using the legal system to force the issue on an American public that's already leary of Muslims is not a good way to make friends and gain influence.

I know getting into this is just begging for a thread lock, but since it's out there now: No one behind the New York project is attempting to use the legal system to force anything on anyone. They don't have to, because the project is completely legal!

In fact, the only legal maneuvering being used in that case is by people filing suit to prevent the Islamic center from being built. Since the default legal position favors the construction of the center, they don't need to use the legal system at all.

puntagordabob

She worked for two years without an issue..and now suddenly she HAS to wear her headgear as if it was yesterday? Sounds more like a troublemaker to me, Gold Digging Money Hungry Jackash. Disney CMs in the view of the public are in "costume" playing a "part"...wearing a muslim headgear would be innappropriate in the Magic Kingdom.

If she wants to wear something to cover her face then she should wear an immersive costume such as Minnie Mouse or something...her face would be covered making everything fine for everyone....BUT this is not about her trying to work with Disney to make things fine for everyone, this is someone pushing their ideals upon everyone else and looking for money in the end!

TDA: Special Event suggestion: Hire Donald Trump to publicly tell this woman --- "YOU ARE FIRED!"/

tigsmom

She worked for two years without an issue..and now suddenly she HAS to wear her headgear as if it was yesterday? Sounds more like a troublemaker to me, Gold Digging Money Hungry Jackash. Disney CMs in the view of the public are in "costume" playing a "part"...wearing a muslim headgear would be innappropriate in the Magic Kingdom.

If she wants to wear something to cover her face then she should wear an immersive costume such as Minnie Mouse or something...her face would be covered making everything fine for everyone....BUT this is not about her trying to work with Disney to make things fine for everyone, this is someone pushing their ideals upon everyone else and looking for money in the end!

TDA: Special Event suggestion: Hire Donald Trump to publicly tell this woman --- "YOU ARE FIRED!"/

A hijab is a head scarf and does not cover the face.

mickeyismyhero

She didnt wear it for 2yrs why make it a issue now... She needs to get over it knowing there is a dress code she is no better then anyone else.. This is what gets my blood boiling ppl come from all over the world and think they can do this when there is nothing to it really why would it matter what ur beliefs is if you cant wear a cross u shouldnt be allowed to wear a scarf or what ever you want to call it... Just fire her n get it over with but if they dont want to then they should put her in laundry or something so she can wear it and you dont have to worry about it effecting anything you cant make let her wear that and not let others wear there cross she needs to learn it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom