music at animal kingdom

tare

Original Poster
I would love to get the song from kilamanjargo safari--plus other music throughout the animal kingdom--any ideas where i can get this

TheDisneyMagic

I thought the music from the radio was on mousebits but after checking just now I couldn't see it. I definately have it some where in my collection so if you can't get it I shall send it to you.

TheDisneyMagic

As for other music from around DAK, there are some commerically avilable tracks which you can get either in the parks or the likes of Amazon, do a search for WDW official album which include certain tracks such as Beauty and the Bees (from Tree of life).

Another great source is www.mousebits.com if you register over there and can learn to use torrens, that website can be like heaven :)

City Hall

The Kilimanjaro Safaris radio song is "Hapa Duniani" from the album African Dawn by Voices of Celebration (sometimes also listed as African Dawn. The best I can tell it was a one-off CD like many other tribal-rhythm albums and produced here in the US.) Bonus info: the test audio on the former night mode is "Rites Of Passage" from the same album. Also, the audio cast members hear when audio testing in the morning is "Magic Bus" by the Who. Unfortunately the African Dawn CD is extremely hard to find. It is however, available on Amazon for a ridiculous price. Here's a link for its Amazon.com description.

Most interestingly the song is actually the Lord's Prayer in Swahili.

"Baba yetu uliye mbinguni jina lako litukuzwe. Ufalme wako uje, mapenzi yako yafanyike hapa duniani kama huko mbinguni. Utupatie leo riziki yetu ya kila siku. Na utusamehe makosa yetu kama sisi tulivyokwisha kuwa samehe waliotukosea. Na usitutie majaribuni, bali utuokoe kutokana na yule mwovu,' [Kwa kuwa Ufalme na nguvu na utukufu ni vyako milele. Amina.]" -BibleGateway

The section in brackets is the only portion heard on the ride in its original incarnation (before the 2007 script change.) This is Matthew 6:13 which in King James English reads: "And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

Yet another example of how much detail Imagineers love to put into their work.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The Kilimanjaro Safaris radio song is "Hapa Duniani" from the album African Dawn by Voices of Celebration (sometimes also listed as African Dawn. The best I can tell it was a one-off CD like many other tribal-rhythm albums and produced here in the US.) Bonus info: the test audio on the former night mode is "Rites Of Passage" from the same album. Also, the audio cast members hear when audio testing in the morning is "Magic Bus" by the Who. Unfortunately the African Dawn CD is extremely hard to find. It is however, available on Amazon for a ridiculous price. Here's a link for its Amazon.com description.

"Baba yetu uliye mbinguni jina lako litukuzwe. Ufalme wako uje, mapenzi yako yafanyike hapa duniani kama huko mbinguni. Utupatie leo riziki yetu ya kila siku. Na utusamehe makosa yetu kama sisi tulivyokwisha kuwa samehe waliotukosea. Na usitutie majaribuni, bali utuokoe kutokana na yule mwovu,' [Kwa kuwa Ufalme na nguvu na utukufu ni vyako milele. Amina.]" -BibleGateway

The section in brackets is the only portion heard on the ride in its original incarnation (before the 2007 script change.) This is Matthew 6:13 which in King James English reads: "And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen."

I walk away from WDWMagic today truly impressed.
Nice info nugget.
Thanks City Hall!

tare

Original Poster
hey thanks for all the great comments--i will check that site out--one more quickie though--how do you get the soundtrack from ak???

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
hey thanks for all the great comments--i will check that site out--one more quickie though--how do you get the soundtrack from ak???
I would start with half.com after that you will either need to get it at WDW or by calling Disney Mail order at 407.363.6200. Laughingplace.com will also more than likely have it but the price will be quite high.

City Hall

I walk away from WDWMagic today truly impressed.
Nice info nugget.
Thanks City Hall!

My pleasure. After hearing that song some 5000 times, I've grown rather fond of it. Thanks also to ITM's TQM for initially sourcing the lyrics.

Music From Disney's Animal Kingdom Park is a great album of the original Tree of Life area music and "Diggin' in Dinoland." The WDW Official Albums through the years have featured "Beauty and the Bees" and "It's Tough to be a Bug (Finale Song)" and the CTX theme from Dinosaur. These albums are designed primarily for sale in the parks, but can be obtained through Disney's DelivEars service. Also, a studio recording of Finding Nemo: The Musical was released in the parks, and on iTunes. It was made early into the creative process, so it isn't a perfect reflection of a current live performance, but is still a must own album. I hope you enjoy your audial safari!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

There was a thread about 3 or 4 years ago were a CM of Animal Kingdom at the time (i think) translated it for us. It was pretty cool.

I have it on my ipod and in my collection. Here you go, i found it.

Album: African Dawn
Title: Hapa Duniani

The Lord's Prayer

English: Our Father Who Art In Heaven
Swahili: BABA YETU ULIYE MBINGUNI
Phonetics: Bah-Bah Yay-too You-lee-yay mm-been-goo-nee

English: Hallowed Be Thy Name
Swahili: JINA LAKO LITU KUZWE
Phonetics: Gee-Nah La-co Lee-too Kooz-way

English: Thy Kingdom Come
Swahili: UFALME WAKO UJE
Phonetics: You-Fahl-may Wah-co You-jay

English: Thy Will Be Done
Swahili: MAPENZI YAKO YATIMIZWE
Phonetics: Mah-pain-zee Yah-co Yah-tee-meez-way

English: On Earth as it is in Heaven
Swahili: HAPA DUNIANI KAMAHUKO MBINIGUNI
Phonetics: Hap-pah Do-nee-ah-nee Kah-mah-who-co M-been-goo-nee

English: Give Us This Day
Swahili: UTUPE LEO RIZIKI YETU
Phonetics: Yoo-too-pay Lee-oh Ree-zee-kee Yay-too

English: Our Daily Bread
Swahili: UTUSAMEHE DENI ZETU
Phonetics: You-too-sah-may-hay Day-nee Zay-too

English: And Forgive Us Our Debts As We Forgive Our Debtors
Swahili: KAMA SISI NASI TUWASAMEHEVYO WADENI YETU
Phonetics: Kah-mah see-see Nah-see (Too-wah-sah-may-hayv-yoh) wah-day-nee ya-too

English: Lead Us Not Into Temptation
Swahili: NA USITUTIE MAJARABUNI
Phonetics: Nah you-see-too-tee-a Mah-jah-rah-bu-nee

English: But Deliver Us From Evil
Swahili: LAKINI UTUOKOE NA YULE MWOVU
Phonetics: Lah-kee-nee You-too-oh-coay Nah-you-lay Mwo-voo

English: For Thine Is The Kingdom
Swahili: KWA KUWA UFALME NI WAKO
Phonetics: Qwah Cu-wah U-fahl-may Nee Wah-co

English: The Power
Swahili: NA NGUVU
Phonetics: Nah N-Goo-Voo

English: The Glory
Swahili: NA UTUKUFU
Phonetics: Nah U-too-koo-foo

English: For Ever and Ever
Swahili: HATA MILELE
Phonetics: Hah-tah Mee-lay-lay

English: Amen
Swahili: AMINA
Phonetics: Ah-Mee-Nah

wendysmom

This was so great to learn! Thanks! I'll listen more closely next ride! I'd love to get the African Dawn cd, I do listen to the AK cd all the time...very restful! =)

celestia

Not related to the africa music (but related to DAK music)... My boyfriend and I were walking past the nemo show theater, and they were playing music used in the new World of Warcraft game expansion (specifically music heard in the sholozar basin area, for those who play the game.) We were amused. :)

City Hall

Why I do sense an imminent rise in sing-along safaris? Seriously, hearing people try to sing these lyrics is like: R-E-S-P-E-C-T, something something something, sock it to me... Not pretty, people! Perhaps this is the first time I'm glad they've all but cut it out of the new audio. (No, I seriously miss the old timing.) Let's learn it together, I'll meet you all at the Dawa Bar!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom