Muppetvision- Retire or relocate?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You know, for all the ballyhoo that Jim Henson's Creature Shop put into real-time computer character animation, I don't recall their ever actually finding any buyers or applications for the technology. Even though the principal and capability was over a decade old at the time, can anyone recall seeing it implemented before Disney launched the Living Character Initiative stuff like TurtleTalk and Laugh Floor?

Well... Turtle Talk with Crush WAS made over a decade ago.. (2004) With laugh floor opening 3 years after (2007) and Stitch Encounter (2006)

So to answer your question....uh no? Because they ARE about a decade old! XD

HauntedMansionFLA

It will be interesting to see which way SWL is built. If starts at Star Tours and goes toward LMA, Muppets could be toast. Muppets has potential to be a very cool area if Disney would show it some love.

Biff215

Hate when I jump into a thread without carefully inspecting the date of most of the posts! This might become relevant again if SWL is built toward the back of the park, but I see this as highly unlikely with Pizza Planet currently being renovated.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
With what they are doing it needs to be moved. Still, you can't get rid of it. Sorry for wearing my muppet emotions on my sleeve.

Brad Bishop

Waldo is like the over-acting co-star of a high school play - in your face annoying.

Yeah - I hate Waldo. I love the other bits (vaudeville). The fact that in the opening scene there's a random chicken or two walking around in the background is great. No explanation. Just random chickens.

Waldo nearly ruins it for me. I basically put up with Waldo to enjoy the rest. He doesn't fit. He's annoying.

Seabasealpha1

The attraction does seem to be in an odd spot given what will supposedly be to either side of it...it'll be like a little island in the sea of new stuff...Maybe they should just move it somewhere more relevant?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom