Muppetvision- Retire or relocate?

Disneytwinmom

Original Poster
With all the DHS expansion news, it's obvious that the space where Muppetvision is will need to be used. I would think that with the new Muppets series they would want to keep the attraction. When looking at the park map is there anywhere that they can relocate Muppetvision? I would think it might work over by Disney Junior Live. Is there any empty space they can move it into? I'd hate to see this attraction lost.

Foltzy

Agreed that it needs to be relocated.
On our most recent trip, i enjoyed it.
It could possibly replace voyage of the little mermaid (as much as I'd hate to see that leave)

AndyS2992

It needs to go. Very dated but I personally just don't find the muppets funny at all. However, if it was replaced by a NEW muppets attraction or film then I wouldn't mind so much if it moved.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
With all the DHS expansion news, it's obvious that the space where Muppetvision is will need to be used. I would think that with the new Muppets series they would want to keep the attraction. When looking at the park map is there anywhere that they can relocate Muppetvision? I would think it might work over by Disney Junior Live. Is there any empty space they can move it into? I'd hate to see this attraction lost.

We don't know for sure where Star Wars will go, so I don't think Muppets fate is set. I think they will either work around it, or close it, I am doubting they will move it.

AEfx

I think Henson studios could make a great new land with a new muppetvision video, muppet movie ride, muppet labs, gonzo coaster or muppet labs dive coaster where we play the role of beaker and some great restaurants like Swedish Chefs kitchen and Fozie's Comedy Club or so.

I have a feeling that a lot will depend on the success of the new show this fall. They basically have three expansion pads, two of which have had announcements made for them. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the show does well that they announce additional items for the Muppet Studios area (the least of which, replacement of the horridly outdated film with a new 4D film to actually be focused on Muppets and not that flying CGI blob, LOL).

PhotoDave219

No, its not a guarantee that space will be needed.

No, they wouldn't move/relocate it. Instead, you should really hope the new show does well.

danv3

Seems to me the best case scenario is a new (or at least updated) attraction. Worst case is closure and no muppets presence. I don't see relocation as realistic.

Jon81uk

I would rather see a brand new ride or show based on the muppets rather than MuppetVision 3D relocated. It's starting to get a little dated even if the show has a lot of classic jokes.
I think Muppets are more suited to a show rather than a ride though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom