MuppetVision closed until August 2nd for unexpected Maintenance

NearTheEars

Does anyone actually sit through those extended trailers while at a theme park? I feel like it would only work at One Man's Dream because they kind of trick you into going in there... I don't even like watching trailers because I feel like they usually give too much of the movie away. Unless it's a teaser... Who is wasting park time watching movie trailers! This better not happen. I'd be livid if i was HS and Muppets was offline for some random trailer.

I sat through the one for Maleficent when it was playing where Path of a Jedi is playing now. I hate that they play them in One Man's Dream. I can't imagine that's more of a draw than the regular film is if they would actually promote the attraction.

peter11435

That is very strange. It's like the Test Track doors all over again! It drives me crazy when attractions reopen from refurbishment with effects not working.
It's sadly a regular occurrence. Refurbs unfortunately are never meant to address all of an attractions issues but rather just to perform a predetermined list of work that requires the attraction being taken down.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It wouldn't make logical sense to do this either. Muppet*Vision still plays to packed houses during the day, but I don't think I've ever seen more than 10 people (including my group) in one of the movie previews. They are literally dead zones, so I'm not sure why they would take a well-attended attraction offline when they could put the previews in the Sounds Dangerous or Magic Eye Theaters (also dead zones).

Cuz Iger says thou shalt, He and his minions have not figured out people dont pay thousands of dollars for WDW vacations to see movie trailers you can see on you tube for free

HauntedMansionFLA

Who gets a fast pass to Muppet Vision?
We added a fifth FP+ for the day just for fun last December - theatre had about 50 people. People were getting annoyed with the pre-show but we had been before so we knew what to expect. The whole area is charming with clean brick look of the buildings and Kermit was singing softly in the background. I hope this isn't on the chopping block. It helps that the remaining SOA is there and getting its own makeover.

FoozieBear

The only people who go into those things are just clueless families who know nothing about the parks and think "Oh here's something, let's do this". Same people who don't know about FP, see 120 min wait for Space Mountain and think "Well, I came here to ride rides!"

Naw, Muppet-Vision draws in big crowds, especially with all the park closures going on. On all of my recent visits, the theater was jam- packed, and I usually visit off-season.

sedati

I remember when the Disney MGM Studios opened and the last portion of the hours-long tour ended in a segment hosted by Michael Eisner where you watched a series of trailers for their upcoming films. (I recall seeing "Turner and Hooch" as part of it.)

Ismael Flores

The only people who go into those things are just clueless families who know nothing about the parks and think "Oh here's something, let's do this". Same people who don't know about FP, see 120 min wait for Space Mountain and think "Well, I came here to ride rides!"

Not sure how they handle their movie previews in WDW but in Anaheim the movie previews have served to help an upgrade the projectors and inside effects of both the bugs theater and the old Muppet theater. Surprisingly because of that the previews are always shown in 3D and use most if not all the in house effects that the theater has. To me it seems like they could have better use for the real estate these theaters use and could instead give the resort a proper attraction but it always turns out that the movie previews tend to go well with guests. They seem to work as another attraction similar to what bugs life or Muppets would be or any other 3D movie experience that Disney has done before. Lately they have also been adding movie props so it also attracts die hard fans of things like that

JSchnitz

If they want to run movie previews in the park, run them on the screens in between the Star Wars stage shows. Making them "attractions" is pathetic and a waste of real estate. This is Disney frickin World, I don't need to see things I can watch on my couch at home! And yes I know it's an excuse to get out of the Florida sun but seriously entertain me for my dollar! If they can want more, more, more than so can the consumer!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yes because Iger himself dictates there be movie previews :banghead:. He probably doesn't even know they exist in the parks. Iger is given too much credit by some of you LOL

You give Iger too little credit, A CEO's job it to set the tone and expectations for all leadership levels below them.

Iger has done an EXCELLENT job of getting the message out that CURRENT Studio's IP will be pushed at all levels and Divisions of the company.

Does he personally direct every IP push, no he does not. But he HAS successfully instilled in all levels of leadership that Marvel/SW IP is to be pushed to the exclusion of all else.

I think Iger is doing the wrong thing here but there is no doubt that he has all of TWDC marching to his tune,

I think they will march straight over a cliff but time will tell.

Kman101

You give Iger too little credit, A CEO's job it to set the tone and expectations for all leadership levels below them.

Iger has done an EXCELLENT job of getting the message out that CURRENT Studio's IP will be pushed at all levels and Divisions of the company.

Does he personally direct every IP push, no he does not. But he HAS successfully instilled in all levels of leadership that Marvel/SW IP is to be pushed to the exclusion of all else.

I think Iger is doing the wrong thing here but there is no doubt that he has all of TWDC marching to his tune,

I think they will march straight over a cliff but time will tell.

That makes a little bit more sense.

JSchnitz

Or another pipe dream but since you have no work for them otherwise, how about an actual live "Muppet Show" where you get to see the actual puppeteers! How amazing would that be! Like when I heard the Electric Mayhem was doing a live show in San Francisco, I thought how cool would it be to see that!

mhaftman7

I know I'm late to the show, but people who didn't like the most recent TV show are ridiculous. I mean you had Swedish Chef doing Rapper's Delight, Animal and Dave Grohl doing a drum off, Kermit saying, "What can I say, I'm into pigs.", and so on. It was great. I loved it for what it was. My only beef? Needed more heckling from Statler and Waldorf!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom