MuppetVision 3D Issues

Biff215

Went to our local Legoland Discovery Center on Wednesday (in a mall). The quality of the 3-D there blew away all of WDW’s. Of course this particular theater is only a year old and all digital, but that’s no excuse for Disney not updating their shows.

geekza

Went to our local Legoland Discovery Center on Wednesday (in a mall). The quality of the 3-D there blew away all of WDW’s. Of course this particular theater is only a year old and all digital, but that’s no excuse for Disney not updating their shows.
It isn't so much a film vs. digital thing, though. There are film formats that still blow current digital out of the water. Heck, film-based IMAX was sooooo much better than the bastardized digital theaters bearing the name these days. The only thing that digital has over film is consistency (when the server and projector are working and calibrated).

Biff215

It isn't so much a film vs. digital thing, though. There are film formats that still blow current digital out of the water. Heck, film-based IMAX was sooooo much better than the bastardized digital theaters bearing the name these days. The only thing that digital has over film is consistency (when the server and projector are working and calibrated).
Very true. I honestly don’t care if it’s film or digital, just make it crisp and clear. I had almost forgotten what true 3-D actually looked like.

Kman101

I see what you're saying, but maintaining the quality of the projectors and keeping the show from being blurry shouldn't count as additional funding.

Oh, I wasn't really meaning that, I was talking more show related, nothing about what needs done behind the scenes.

You're absolutely right about this though.

Magenta Panther

Eh. I like it the way it is and would prefer that they just properly maintain it.

It is pretty much perfect, isn't it? I think it's one of the most genuinely "Disney" attractions in the park. My worry is that if new IP is indeed put into it, what will be discarded? The Aladdin segment will most likely remain because that's where Donald gets the hat back. So that leaves Lion King, Beauty, Mermaid, Peter Pan...geez, I don't want any of those segments to go. They're perfect. Perhaps the show could be extended to fit in more IP? I'd much prefer that to anything being excised...

Kman101

It is pretty much perfect, isn't it? I think it's one of the most genuinely "Disney" attractions in the park. My worry is that if new IP is indeed put into it, what will be discarded? The Aladdin segment will most likely remain because that's where Donald gets the hat back. So that leaves Lion King, Beauty, Mermaid, Peter Pan...geez, I don't want any of those segments to go. They're perfect. Perhaps the show could be extended to fit in more IP? I'd much prefer that to anything being excised...

I love it as is, too. But I also push updating things so I'm a bit of a hypocrite here ... lol

Cmdr_Crimson

I for one would really like to see it become a Randomizer film similar to Star Tours with all the different selections it would be interesting to see how it would work out....

Br’er Rabbit

Just went on Muppet Vision 2 days ago and everything worked except for when Fozzee squirts water at you. Though I heard people screaming so it could be just where I was sitting. Compared to phillarmagic, the quality of the picture is WAY better.

Rk2k5

Just went on Muppet Vision 2 days ago and everything worked except for when Fozzee squirts water at you. Though I heard people screaming so it could be just where I was sitting. Compared to phillarmagic, the quality of the picture is WAY better.
Now that I’m thinking about it when I went to see it recently I don’t remover getting water squirted at me during the show. But it might be that I forgot it happened during the show.

Rk2k5

Another thing I’m wondering about is when they will replace/close the bugs life show. When I went to see it recently not a lot of people were their to see the show and when I was younger I liked it but this time i didn’t like it as much. I felt like the screen was a little blurry and the part where they spray big spay the air that sprays out into the theater must have went on way too long their was so much air that i litteraly had to hide behind my friends back

Rk2k5

Another thing I’m wondering about is when they will replace/close the bugs life show. When I went to see it recently not a lot of people were their to see the show and when I was younger I liked it but this time i didn’t like it as much. I felt like the screen was a little blurry and the part where they spray big spay the air that sprays out into the theater must have went on way too long their was so much air that i litteraly had to hide behind my friends back
Plus they already closed it in Disney’s California Adventure. And they r closeting the rest of the land by the end of the summer season to make way of a marvel land overlay that will be the replacement for the land.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Odd that. I saw it yesterday and it was a full theatre.

Bugs is also digital.

It’s not closing.

PizzaPlanet

I just got confirmation on the films that will be featured in the updated Philharmagic:
  • Frozen
  • Zootopia
  • Ralph Breaks the Internet
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story
  • Ice Age: Collison Course
  • Alien: Covenant
This new batch of segments will better reflect the Walt Disney company of today.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Bug? I found it looked the best of the traditional Polarising films.

Last time I saw Bugs it was an overall blur. But same could be said for all of the 3D shows in Disney when I visited 5 months ago. Muppets suffered the most however with misaligned footage and depthless 3D. I hope to be wowed next time assuming these shows are all due for upgrades.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom