Muppetvision 3D Effects?

Rob562

I also find it funny that even tho Sweetums comes out to see if every one is ok. He's also on the screen at the same time behind a few people..

You know, I've heard that, but I'm not sure I've ever seen him.
Are you talking behind the dolls before he comes out for "stop the projector"? Or after the explosion and you can see outside? I remember seeing Pluto "outside", but not Sweetums.

-Rob

Magenta Panther

Clearly I am in the minority here, but I am not a rabid fan.
I would love a whole new movie here - Muppets based prefered; but not necessary.
Compared to Philharmagic, all of the other 3D offerings blow chunks. (IMO) They all try too hard. And the pace of the Muppets movie is just so frenetic.

Philharmagic is a gem, and itself deserves an upgrade. The Muppet show can go hang for all I care. It's sparsely attended and frankly I don't think many people much care about it anymore. Maybe a Fantasia show could go in there instead. Fantasia in 3D...that could be so awesome!

tissandtully

Original Poster
I think you just had a bad day -- all the effects were working on each trip I have had there in the past 6 months --
Sometimes, too, some areas of the theater have effects turned off, especially if you were sitting in the assessable seating area, but that shouldn't effect the general effects. Sounds to me like something was accidentally turned off, and I would have let the CM know...
Nope, I was dead center in the theater. How do you accidentally turn off all the main effects?

tissandtully

Original Poster
Philharmagic is a gem, and itself deserves an upgrade. The Muppet show can go hang for all I care. It's sparsely attended and frankly I don't think many people much care about it anymore. Maybe a Fantasia show could go in there instead. Fantasia in 3D...that could be so awesome!

Wow, I think this is my most disliked post ever. Sorry, we'd never be friends.

Taylor

So go from something that's actually currently relevant right now as a franchise to
something most people haven't cared about in 10 years. Alright it's your opinion you have made perfectly clear before about the muppets and marvel but seriously most kids, teens, and even some adults have no clue what Fantasia is.

Sped2424

Went to DHS yesterday and Muppetvision's theater effects were pretty much nonexistent. No bubbles, no vacuum wind effect, no water spray. Is this normal now? I hadn't been on it in a couple years. I do have to say, the projection looks great for still being film-based. Compared to other films *ahem* Soarin' *ahem. I was quite surprised.
no that is not standard i went there a month ago and there were bubbles and water not so sure about the vacuum though.

Sped2424

how can any human with a heart hate beaker.

Tom Morrow

It's true that, for a while, the Muppets were not exactly relevant to the public eye, but they are again, and because of that there really isn't much reason to change the attraction in any major way any time soon.

Cmdr_Crimson

You know, I've heard that, but I'm not sure I've ever seen him.
Are you talking behind the dolls before he comes out for "stop the projector"? Or after the explosion and you can see outside? I remember seeing Pluto "outside", but not Sweetums.

-Rob

I cropped a clip on repeat so you can see him after the movie screen explosion...You can see him directing the fire truck to back up too..
http://www.YoutubeRepeater.com/watch?v=j8BWI6IXDZE&s=763&e=786

Magenta Panther

It's true that, for a while, the Muppets were not exactly relevant to the public eye, but they are again, and because of that there really isn't much reason to change the attraction in any major way any time soon.

Well, there's talk the Muppetvision in DCA/Disneyland is going to be replaced. I bet if that happens WDW's Muppetvision would be next.

Magenta Panther

So go from something that's actually currently relevant right now as a franchise to
something most people haven't cared about in 10 years. Alright it's your opinion you have made perfectly clear before about the muppets and marvel but seriously most kids, teens, and even some adults have no clue what Fantasia is.

Relevant? The Muppets? Right. The latest movie got lackluster boxoffice and bombed in DVD sales. Whereas "Fantasia" is a DISNEY masterpiece that is much more deserving of an attraction than puppets Disney didn't even create. A 3D Fantasia attraction could be awesome. Think of a "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence with Chernobog and creepy spooks and spirits coming out of the screen. Or the colorful fairies from the Nutcracker sequence flying around in a darkened theater. Now THAT would be amazing.

Relevant? The Muppets? Right. The latest movie got lackluster boxoffice and bombed in DVD sales. Whereas "Fantasia" is a DISNEY masterpiece that is much more deserving of an attraction than puppets Disney didn't even create. A 3D Fantasia attraction could be awesome. Think of a "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence with Chernobog and creepy spooks and spirits coming out of the screen. Or the colorful fairies from the Nutcracker sequence flying around in a darkened theater. Now THAT would be amazing.

Agreed but can you cut Fantasia down to 15, 20 min and still have it be that Masterpiece?

Tom Morrow

Regardless of how the movie performed, people still absolutely love the Muppets, and I'm willing to bet the number of people that still enjoy the Muppets is much higher than the number of people that would even care about a 3D Fantasia attraction. Nobody beyond Disney geeks cares about Fantasia today. At best, today's kids know it as, if anything, the movie they take a nap to.

Just because its in the Disney Classics library doesn't mean its going to be a guaranteed successful attraction. In fact, I don't think there's a single "Classic" that would have the attracting power of an inspired original creation or something that's currently popular.

erasure fan1

Regardless of how the movie performed, people still absolutely love the Muppets, and I'm willing to bet the number of people that still enjoy the Muppets is much higher than the number of people that would even care about a 3D Fantasia attraction. Nobody beyond Disney geeks cares about Fantasia today. At best, today's kids know it as, if anything, the movie they take a nap to.
I agree 100%. Fantasia is an afterthought in the average persons mind. It may well be a masterpiece but that means very little to the general public. The Muppets did 160mil world wide on a budget of what, 40mil or so. I say thats not too bad. The Muppets have never been a box office smash but that doesn't mean they have no relevance, people still really like them.

Sped2424

actually the latest movie offering of the muppets outgrossed every previous muppet film and was considered a huge financial success considering how the budget was 45 million and the movie pulled in total worldwide gross of 158,431,237 nearly quadrupling the initial investment, The film was the first in the muppet series to ever gross over 100,000,000 worldwide. As for the Dvd sales im not sure where you got your facts because The Muppets debuted at 1 in blu ray and Dvd sales in the united states according to the Nielsons sales chart. I understand you don't like the muppets and thats fine, to each his own.
tumblr_lyxcbffu9n1qetnkvo1_500.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom