Muppetvision 3D Effects?

RSoxNo1

MuppetVision is poorly located, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it go away because of the fact it's surrounded by a bunch of dead areas that are prime real estate for new attractions.

Turtle

Relevant? The Muppets? Right. The latest movie got lackluster boxoffice and bombed in DVD sales. Whereas "Fantasia" is a DISNEY masterpiece that is much more deserving of an attraction than puppets Disney didn't even create. A 3D Fantasia attraction could be awesome. Think of a "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence with Chernobog and creepy spooks and spirits coming out of the screen. Or the colorful fairies from the Nutcracker sequence flying around in a darkened theater. Now THAT would be amazing.
IT wasn't lackluster... Disney just had way too high expectations for the series on their first time standing up in theaters since 1998.

And Fantasia is even less appealing to the modern public. They can't (especially children) sit through 10 minutes of Fantasia

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
All I know is that when I took some friends who are not as Disney-addicted as I am to WDW a few years back, there was only one attraction that made them laugh out loud and want to immediately return to - MuppetVision.

Hope all the effects are working this summer - we almost always hit during times when the 'burn rubber' is out of order. Still one of my favorites: the pacing, the level of absurdity, the comedic timing - in my opinion, all genius.

midwest_mice

MuppetVision is poorly located, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it go away because of the fact it's surrounded by a bunch of dead areas that are prime real estate for new attractions.
I could see them revamping that area to a more Muppet area. I've seen rumors of redoing the dining area to include the Swedish chef, but it was just rumors on one of these boards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom