Muppetvision 3D Effects?

Magenta Panther

actually the latest movie offering of the muppets outgrossed every previous muppet film and was considered a huge financial success considering how the budget was 45 million and the movie pulled in total worldwide gross of 158,431,237 nearly quadrupling the initial investment, The film was the first in the muppet series to ever gross over 100,000,000 worldwide. As for the Dvd sales im not sure where you got your facts because The Muppets debuted at 1 in blu ray and Dvd sales in the united states according to the Nielsons sales chart. I understand you don't like the muppets and thats fine, to each his own.
tumblr_lyxcbffu9n1qetnkvo1_500.gif

We can argue about box office numbers, but most movies make their real money from DVD rentals:

The unit's revenue for the quarter was $1.6 billion. That was roughly the same as a year earlier but shy of the $1.8 billion analysts had expected. Disney said DVD and Blu-ray sales of "John Carter" and "The Muppets" fell short of last year's sales of "Tron: Legacy" and "Tangled."

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/08/business/la-fi-ct-disney-earns-20120808

Sorry, Kermie.

Magenta Panther

Regardless of how the movie performed, people still absolutely love the Muppets, and I'm willing to bet the number of people that still enjoy the Muppets is much higher than the number of people that would even care about a 3D Fantasia attraction. Nobody beyond Disney geeks cares about Fantasia today. At best, today's kids know it as, if anything, the movie they take a nap to.

Just because its in the Disney Classics library doesn't mean its going to be a guaranteed successful attraction. In fact, I don't think there's a single "Classic" that would have the attracting power of an inspired original creation or something that's currently popular.

Yeah, the Muppets are so popular, uh huh. Which is why Disney closes the Muppet theater in Disneyland at a drop of a hat to put promotional shows in it, and is considering closing it altogether. As for the Muppetvision in WDW, it's just about as empty as DCA's most days. As for Disney geeks, there are far more of those than Muppet geeks, I bet, and far more of them visit Disney parks. So Fantasia would be a logical replacement for the Muppets. So there! :p

Yeah, the Muppets are so popular, uh huh. Which is why Disney closes the Muppet theater in Disneyland at a drop of a hat to put promotional shows in it, and is considering closing it altogether. As for the Muppetvision in WDW, it's just about as empty as DCA's most days. As for Disney geeks, there are far more of those than Muppet geeks, I bet, and far more of them visit Disney parks. So Fantasia would be a logical replacement for the Muppets. So there! :p
Are you saying fantasia is better than the Muppets? I remember watching the first five minutes of it when I was little and then stopped watching after five minutes because it was unbearable! I couldn't imagine this is a better choice than muppet vision.

Clever Name

I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

RonAnnArbor

You can't compare the popularity of the Muppet Movie at DL with that at WDW -- DL has never had crowds for the attraction, but at WDW its the complete opposite -- it is full most of the day.

joanna71985

Actually, MuppetVision at DHS is not that empty (except for first/last thing of the day). And personally, I'd prefer to have the Muppets there over Fantasia

TP2000

You can't compare the popularity of the Muppet Movie at DL with that at WDW -- DL has never had crowds for the attraction, but at WDW its the complete opposite -- it is full most of the day.

Mostly based on the fact DCA has over double the number of attractions that DHS has. More than double.

If you only have six rides and a dozen theater shows of various relevance in a theme park (DHS), you are going to sit through MuppetVision and you are going to like it, young man! :D

Magenta Panther

Are you saying fantasia is better than the Muppets? I remember watching the first five minutes of it when I was little and then stopped watching after five minutes because it was unbearable! I couldn't imagine this is a better choice than muppet vision.

Fantasia is a megazillion times better than the Muppets IMO. Try watching it again, now that you're an adult. It was never meant to be a little kid's film.

Clever Name

And the pilot for the original Muppet show was entitled "Sex and Violence". Your point?
Fantasia is a great video babysitter. It puts most children to sleep within just a few minutes. It was (and is) so boring that Walt Disney abandoned his original intention of re-releasing the film with updated content. It was a flop at the box office.

The best reception Fantasia ever received was during the 1960's when hallucinogenic drugs made the film popular again.

When Fantasia 2000 was released it was acknowledged as a steaming pile of manure.

Here's something better:

Tom Morrow

Yep, see? It was an impressive piece of filmmaking for it's time, but beyond the famous "Sorcerer's Apprentice" and "A Night on Bald Mountain" segments, nobody cares about it.

Clever Name

Yep, see? It was an impressive piece of filmmaking for it's time, but beyond the famous "Sorcerer's Apprentice" and "A Night on Bald Mountain" segments, nobody cares about it.
You're right. I think the only hope for Fantasia is if they did a remake Hip-Hop version. I bet even that would be boring.

Sped2424

We can argue about box office numbers, but most movies make their real money from DVD rentals:

The unit's revenue for the quarter was $1.6 billion. That was roughly the same as a year earlier but shy of the $1.8 billion analysts had expected. Disney said DVD and Blu-ray sales of "John Carter" and "The Muppets" fell short of last year's sales of "Tron: Legacy" and "Tangled."

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug/08/business/la-fi-ct-disney-earns-20120808

Sorry, Kermie.
There is no argument those box office numbers speak for themselves the movie made the studio investment back and then some long enough for disney to see an interest in this franchise again to warrant a sequel. You also have too keep in mind how much a titanic flop john carter was for the company and the poor sales of that film really killed the studio but that being said muppets was number one out of the dvd rentals http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/the-muppets-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-dvds-305485. And when competing with tangled of course the muppets aren't going to be as marketable or rented out being that princess movies generally kill in home releases. See the problem isn't that it didn't do well its that it didn't bring in as much as those other films which is not what we are arguing here, The muppets whether you like it or not (and I know thats hard for you to distinguish really) did make a great profit for the studio and unfortunately for you don't seem to be going away anytime soon, if anything they seem to be coming back. Sorry chernabog.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom