Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

Animaniac93-98

Just looking at the current MK park map, it lists 29 attractions*, and of those 14 are not related to any IP. Of the 15 that are most predate the park itself, with a whopping 6 related to movies released after 1971 (this includes Pirates, a ride that wasn't IP related until 2006, and PhilharMagic which includes Fantasia and Peter Pan). I think people perceive MK to be all about IP because there are meet n greets everywhere, but the actual attractions? It's not as many as you'd think.

MK has survived for generations being the most popular park even though it's all about the old Disney stuff. There's no Star Wars, no Marvel and only 2 Pixar attractions...but people love it. Maybe the old stuff works and doesn't need newer IP fixing?

As someone already pointed out, they tried "fixing" Alien Encounter with an IP...and now its replacement is closed.

*taking off Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom because it's closing soon.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Are you WDW Magic guys are still proud of yourselves for spreading the rumor that they were thinking about bring Guardians of the Galaxy to the Universe of Energy? You don't think you're part of the problem? Being like the place the The Walt Disney Company chooses to leak unpopular info, and then you all act like you're "special" "know-it-alls" as the they bulldoze the history of these parks standing for something other than being glorified shopping malls
wesley.jpg

Sharon&Susan

So I've checked, all the official Muppet accounts on Twitter now have all posted something on the announcement (with the most recent tweet being from Sunday). Disney probably didn't want to announce the project on a Federal Holiday, so I think it's likely that the Muppets announcement will be tomorrow.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So I've checked, all the official Muppet accounts on Twitter now have all posted something on the announcement (with the most recent tweet being from Sunday). Disney probably didn't want to announce the project on a Federal Holiday, so I think it's likely that the Muppets announcement will be tomorrow.
On Inauguration Day? What a coincidence!!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I don't know if it's Disney's fault for hyping everyone up for these "big" announcements or if it's our fault for always expecting some bigger than we get! 🤣
If you look at the comments on Twitter and Facebook regarding the build ups... The general public was demanding "Get the original show on Disney+!!!"

....Not "Get the Muppets into the Hall of Presidents!!!" lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom