Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

Cmdr_Crimson

@Magic Feather any word on Mama Melrose getting a muppet makeover?

Oh, if only The Muppets new show was successful...I would have like to have seen it converted to Rowlf's Tavern....Muppets & Booze....
latest

jmuboy

A new video during the Muppets at the Hollywood Bowl came up now showing the singing styles of Matt Vogel...

This song reminds me of my childhood in the best ways every time I hear it. And inevitably as an adult usually draws a tear or too as well. This has to be one of the most recognizable / iconic pop culture songs ever.

HauntedMansionFLA

This song reminds me of my childhood in the best ways every time I hear it. And inevitably as an adult usually draws a tear or too as well. This has to be one of the most recognizable / iconic pop culture songs ever.
I wish the writer of this song, Paul Williams, would be embraced a lot more by Disney. He has done a lot with the Muppets and has written beautiful songs. One would hope there is a Paul Williams week during American Idol.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I didn't know it existed either until this Muppet show, but I believe it is a famous outdoor theater for large concerts and such in Los Angeles. It has nothing to do with sports! ;)
Interesting... I had figured that any wording that ends in "bowl" that doesn't relate to food would have had something to do with football or some sort of sport...

maxresdefault.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

I am a bit surprised they decided to never bring back out these walk-around versions of the Muppets for the area...Would make a good M&G Location within Grand Ave..I mean heck if Sesame Place, Busch Gardens & Sea World does it with the Sesame Street Characters....Why not here?
ON_LOCATION_promot_shot_zps3b712b08.jpg

They could Repurpose Stage 1 Company store as a Meet & Greet building and still have Muppet Merchandise to sell...
stage_1_co_store1.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Something else I have noticed from photo updates. There is a new hanging pole on the side of the Clock tower that was never there before...Wonder if they are putting a veritcal marquee sign for the theater?
IMG_9555-L.jpg

Nope. Still looks incomplete IMO. Too much negative space in the top part of the theatre facade. With the old signage removed it still feels very empty. Even with the updates; our eyes still naturally gravitate to that open area where a sign (or something) should reside. Are they done?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, November 5, 2017. Re-bar for a new fence or gate at the end of Muppet Courtyard (see red oval on photo below). This is near the entrance to Mama Melrose's and the exit to Muppet Vision 3D.

IMG_0198.JPG

Inside the Muppet store at the Muppet Vision 3D exit, the old "Nursery Set" room has been walled off and the outside door is locked.

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

Photo update as of Thursday, November 9, 2017. New window appliqués have been applied to the closed doors of the previous Stage 1 "Nursery Set."

IMG_0212.JPG

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Photo update as of Sunday, November 5, 2017. Re-bar for a new fence or gate at the end of Muppet Courtyard (see red oval on photo below). This is near the entrance to Mama Melrose's and the exit to Muppet Vision 3D.

View attachment 241935

Inside the Muppet store at the Muppet Vision 3D exit, the old "Nursery Set" room has been walled off and the outside door is locked.

View attachment 241937

View attachment 241936

Huh....Wonder Why...They have that Muppet Babies show coming to Disney Jr...Wouldn't think they would want to remove it..
It was recognizable if you knew where it came from...
161026072711-muppet-babies-new-series-exlarge-169.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom