Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The fountain is boarded up today. The top of it looks like panels that would be easy to remove to work on it when guests aren't in the park. Obviously, the greenery would die if it was still there, so, I'm guessing this is preliminary work to bring back a working water fountain.

Also, the yellow building facade on Grand Ave. is now fully faux-weathered.

upload_2017-9-2_3-5-22.png

HMF

The fountain is boarded up today. The top of it looks like panels that would be easy to remove to work on it when guests aren't in the park. Obviously, the greenery would die if it was still there, so, I'm guessing this is preliminary work to bring back a working water fountain.

View attachment 226056
Are they ever going to powerwash the Muppetvision building to remove the outline of the old Marquee?

Goofyernmost

Are they ever going to powerwash the Muppetvision building to remove the outline of the old Marquee?
Nature will take care of that quickly. What you are talking about is power-washing the whole building to match the protected part of the original building after all these years. Before you know it.. that spot will be invisible even to the trained eye. It already is to most guests.

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

View attachment 226056
Although I am guilty of complaining about the weeds, just remember we could have been staring at these construction walls all year.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

View attachment 226056
OTPN reported on FB that the fountain will be back in mid-October.

PizzaPlanet

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but quite a few props have been removed from the exterior of the Muppet*Vision 3D show building.
upload_2017-9-6_17-44-44.png

upload_2017-9-6_17-45-7.png

The most notable loss includes this water tower with a face on it:
ST0802-06.jpg

And the scaffolding by the mural:
muppet-vision-3d-update-16x9.jpg

This could mean a number of things. The first option could be that they plan to repaint the building, which isn't a bad idea because it looks filthy. Or perhaps some of these props might be seen from SWGE? And of course some will speculate that the Muppets are doomed, but if that were the case, why is the fountain coming back? I find it odd that the Miss Piggy billboard still remains, even though it can't be seen from anywhere in the park.

FoozieBear

Also if you look near the Queue extension on the left....The Top Secret FX Gen-R8-R's props were removed and fully painted purple...Here's what it looked like..
Jim-Hensons-MuppetVision-3D_Full_3086.jpg;width=1600;quality=60

So upsetting. I loved the hilarious goofiness of that whole area. As of two weeks ago the exteneded queue is completely sealed off and according to a Cast Member, my old photos of the area will make for "good archival content".

Loved that area. It was always quiet when I went in, but it was always my favorite spot in the parks to walk around and explore the brilliance of it.

BD-Anaheim

Now that we can see more detailed vantage points for the Grand Park area, we can see that the goofiness of Muppets Courtyard just doesn't quite match the aesthetic.

J. D.

Perhaps they removed all of the props on the roof and on Fx gen r8 due to the storm? I could be wrong but, It would be nice for them to be back later on...
That was all gone months ago so it definitely wasn't taken down for the storm. Don't think we'll see any of that brought back, but I'm hoping they move the Miss Piggy billboard to somewhere it can be seen. It seems strange that they didn't remove it with everything else.

Casper Gutman

It certainly looks that way. Removing props and décor, installing generic theater marquee.

The theater will be showing trailers by 2019, I'd wager.

The MGM makeover is a fine illustration of how little WDW cares about the parks. MGM 2019 is likely to be SWL and Star Tours, ToT, RnR, a screen ride replacing GMR, and a few badly-aging 25-year-old shows. Is this the MGM makeover ANYONE envisioned 7 years ago?

Basically, instead of building a Star Wars park, they crammed a SW land into a struggling park, closed a bunch of stuff, and are relying on WDW and SW fans to reward them as though they HAD built a SW park.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom