Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

FigmentJedi

Yeah, the inner courtyard of Grand Ave Park (formerly Muppet Courtyard, formerly unnamed) needs work. That standalone muppet store is an eyesore and a choke point. I'd love to see it razed and rebuilt onto the side of Muppet theater giving the theater a proper facade that takes away its back stage look.
Oh, wow... OK, I'll admit I never thought of demo'ing Stage 1 Studio Store, but you're absolutely right. Facades would make it "fit," but it'd still be a giant impediment to movement. TBH, I never could "place" where Mama Melrose was for a long time (never eaten there) when folks were talking about it because it's plunked behind that giant soundstage. I'd always envisioned gutting, facade-ing, and filling that building with an attraction or meaningful addition to the park. But knocking it down, appending the giftshop to MV3D's exit proper, and letting the courtyard grow would *really* open up the space and make it feel like a "land" without much new investment needed.
There were actually plans to retheme it as a classier looking Muppet department store, but it got cut out of the budget from the various other Muppet Courtyard changes.
https://www.andysinclairharris.com/gallery/
Pigdorf+Goodfrog+Ext+REV.jpg

Pigdorf+Goodfrog+InteriorREV2.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

There were actually plans to retheme it as a classier looking Muppet department store, but it got cut out of the budget from the various other Muppet Courtyard changes.
Yep...That small stand with the dolls would honestly be all the Muppet merch they would sell in that store and the rest would be the standard generic mix...

Also..they have been pretty quiet lately after they decided to wall off the other half of the store with signs blocking off the entrances closer to the attractions side...Has there been anything new about it?

Herbie

I love scouring the websites of concept artists and finding artwork for unmentioned projects. Love John 's designs for Disney's Enchanted Forest in South Korea. If you have any more rare concept art to share, let us know!!

Kman101

Insiders have been insistent that Muppets are staying and the external changes are to make Grand Ave look more like Grand Ave than a movie backlot.

Yeah, we've had no indicators from anyone that the Muppets are in danger (and sometimes it's been the opposite; we know they weren't, well, mostly weren't).

It sucks to see the mural go but fans need to stop reading into these things. One thing isn't always related to another ...

Kman101

Say it again for the people in the back :)
:hilarious:

But yeah ... not everything is a "hint" ... not everything is a "conspiracy" ...

Personally, I've grown to dislike the peach studio look and I'm fine with a nice gray coat of paint, lol. But it sucks to lose the mural. I get why they did it though. I just think it's meant to blend better. And do you want to be standing in Galaxy's Edge and see the mural or a bright yellow balloon? I mean, most of us would probably say yes, but in reality ... I don't like losing the Muppet elements but it doesn't mean they're going away :) I do understand why some panic though, but that's what it is .... anywho ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom