Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

Phicinfan

Regardless if the ride mechanism stays or not. Either way Star Tours as it currently exists will be gone.
yes and no. Star tours the ride will be repurposed. However, the ride building and equipment will remain, thus not making room for some other attraction for Muppets. You were the one who worded it that way.

HMF

yes and no. Star tours the ride will be repurposed. However, the ride building and equipment will remain, thus not making room for some other attraction for Muppets. You were the one who worded it that way.
Are there any rumors as to what is taking the place of Star Tours? (and please don't be Marvel-related.)

Phicinfan

Are there any rumors as to what is taking the place of Star Tours? (and please don't be Marvel-related.)
Nothing so far. Some have suggested Pigs in Space which I would love to see. But I know some have suggested Marvel. To date I don't think anyone has shared any real expectations as of yet. Regardless, nothing will happen to Star Tours until SWL has been up and running for a bit.

mvieguy

Uh no, by all reports no removal of Star tours is expected. Everything out so far says it will be repurposed.

I heard a weird rumor a while back, from an imagineer. that the thought process is to eventually somehow move Star Tours into SWL. I kinda look at him and said, like the entire showbuilding, and decor, or something brand new. he smiled and said yes. (although it was vague to what he said yes to)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I heard a weird rumor a while back, from an imagineer. that the thought process is to eventually somehow move Star Tours into SWL. I kinda look at him and said, like the entire showbuilding, and decor, or something brand new. he smiled and said yes. (although it was vague to what he said yes to)

It's unlikely they would physically move the building since it doesn't have a whole lot of theming and everything in front of it would have to be replaced to fit in with SWL. So it if it were to happen, which I don't think it will, they would probably build a new building and then move all simulators and queue decorations to the new building.

Next Big Thing

There's been a few IPs looked at for an overlay in the next decade (which is when this will happen) but nothing is confirmed yet.
Can you confirm that Muppets is not one of the IPs being looked at for replacement? Because if you can, we can just rip off that Pigs in Space band-aid right away.

UpAllNight

Are old style simulators even worth keeping around at this stage? I know Star tours is a classic, but a retheme isn't going to be worth the effort from a marketing point of view. Simulators are old news now...people are even getting bored of Universals newer efforts

Goofyernmost

Are old style simulators even worth keeping around at this stage? I know Star tours is a classic, but a retheme isn't going to be worth the effort from a marketing point of view. Simulators are old news now...people are even getting bored of Universals newer efforts
You eliminate enough of the variety of things to help you immerse in an attraction and before you know it, you have still pictures painted on a wall. I, honestly, do not understand what stuff people want. There's been an argument against, screens, a bunch hate simulators, that vast majority is bored with AA's, boat rides, omni-movers, roller-coasters that don't leave your heart in your throat. Got to have films that do not have elephants tossing dirt up to people "soarin" along, we want a film of elephants standing motionless in a savanna. If you have a coaster in Fantasyland, a section that completely targets children, that doesn't cause instant coronaries it is considered a loser. People want Epcot to be educational like the old days and in the same breath say that Universe of Energy, a comical but educational look at energy is lame and a place to catch a nap. MS which is different then any park ride I have ever seen, is a yawn if you ride the less upsetting green side and causes sickness if you go with the orange.

A whole new fantastic looking land in DAK that from everything I have seen is uniquely different that anything else ever put up in any theme park, is going to be wrong, because a few people think it shouldn't be there, but, previous to that the park wasn't worth going to because there was nothing to see. A very popular ride replaced a mediocre one in World Showcase, in a country that so closely fits the theme that it is pathetic is a bad move because it is fictional and doesn't fit in Norway. Just foolishness when it will help breath new air into a slowly dying section of Epcot. Just because a few purist love the place, as it was, does not mean that was the common opinion.

Really folks... If all you want is a group of cardboard cutouts in a dusty field I'm sure it can be done.

Last edited:

DDLand

I thought what they did with Iron Man was fresh and exciting. The medium is still a fun one, and well worth keeping. It just needs new content and a more coherent story.

An early death for Adventures Continue isn't something I'll really mourn. Also that name was relevant for maybe two years tops.

You eliminate enough of the variety of things to help you immerse in an attraction and before you know it, you have still pictures painted on a wall. I, honestly, do not understand what stuff people want. There's been an argument against, screens, a bunch hate simulators, that vast majority is bored with AA's, boat rides, omni-movers, roller-coasters that don't leave your heart in your throat. Got to have films that do not have elephants tossing dirt up to people "soarin" along, we want a film of elephants standing motionless in a savanna. If you have a coaster in Fantasyland, a section that completely targets children, that doesn't cause instant coronaries it is considered a loser. People want Epcot to be educational like the old days and in the same breath say that Universe of Energy, a comical but educational look at energy is lame and a place to catch a nap. MS which is different then any park ride I have ever seen, is a yawn if you ride the less upsetting green side and causes sickness if you go with the orange.

A whole new fantastic looking land in DAK that from everything I have seen is uniquely different that anything else ever put up in any theme park, is going to be wrong, because a few people think it shouldn't be there, but, previous to that the park wasn't worth going to because there was nothing to see. A very popular ride replaced a mediocre one in World Showcase, in a country that so closely fits the theme that it is pathetic is a bad move because it is fictional and doesn't fit in Norway. Just foolishness when it will help breath new air into a slowly dying section of Epcot. Just because a few purist love the place, as it was, does not mean that was the common opinion.

Really folks... If all you want is a group of cardboard cutouts in a dusty field I'm sure it can be done.

When you put together a diverse group of individuals, you often find diverse opinions. For whatever reason you've chosen to focus exclusively on the negative.

Of course, a lot of the stuff they've done recently has been questionable...

Update: @Goofyernmost The initial post wasn't mine, but I disagreed with the way you used a long list of negative grievances on whole range of topics to respond to @UpAllNight. The poster is correct that simulator fatigue is setting in over at Universal, especially with Fallon receiving mixed reviews. I personally think that the ride system is still conducive for incredible experiences (at the end of the day ride systems are just ride systems, it's what you do with them and the stories you tell that count), but a fine line does need to be drawn.

I don't think the poster in question was overly negative. They can express their view and get responses from the community. There's no need for this discussion to go to Epcot, Pandora, and Fantasyland. It would be like me critiquing a hamburger restaurant, and then having someone respond that these days nobody likes any hamburger restaurants.

Two separate things.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

When you put together a diverse group of individuals, you often find diverse opinions. For whatever reason you've chosen to focus exclusively on the negative.

Of course, a lot of the stuff they've done recently has been questionable...
I was responding to someone, might have been you, that made the broad statement that no one likes simulators anymore. And that is wrong. I then went ahead and listed a number of things that people have mentioned as being bad and ruining the place. The reason? Because it is nothing, but, a pile of crap. One person doesn't like simulators, so they should all go. How exactly do we get our immersion. Mission: Space, for example, the only other way to get that experience is to actually launch a rocket full of people every few minutes. Otherwise we always have the Rockets on top of the People Mover.

You read the negative, I was emphasizing the positive by belittling the negative. I wasn't agreeing with the things I wrote and said it more then once. Sorry, that you only saw the negative in that. If, however, you are the one that made the initial statement, then I'm sorry that I disagreed with you. Life is like that sometimes.

Goofyernmost

I disagree with anyone that speaks as if they are talking for everyone. I and many others feel the simulators are one of the best ways to put you in the story short of actually doing what the attraction is trying to relate. I don't appreciate someone speaking for me by making blanket statements that just aren't true. Something that seems to be happening everywhere these days. Perhaps my response just reflects my complete lack of tolerance for BS anymore. Sorry, if that is the case then I overreacted to a post. It happens on occasion.

If the post had been... Personally, I am tired of simulators, but, wishing that they go away when others do enjoy them is pretty self centered. I hope that my posts are understood as being my opinion and not a desire for things to strictly be my way. If I have failed at the I apologize, however, that has never been my intent.

roj2323

Yeah, the last remaining piece of the Streets of America façade would be perfect for a show like they are doing at MK.
That's kinda what I was thinking as well but the thing about animatronics is they hate being put out in open environments so Disney would need to build several enclosures on the back of the facades to make this happen. It would be pretty darn cool though.

That said I don't think it will happen because the projected starwarsland crowds will likely overwhelm the area and they want to keep that area free of as many obstructions as possible. For the short term I could see them doing something with the muppet Mobil lab however.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's kinda what I was thinking as well but the thing about animatronics is they hate being put out in open environments so Disney would need to build several enclosures on the back of the facades to make this happen. It would be pretty darn cool though.

I don't believe the liberty square show is animatronic, I believe they are puppets, or Muppets as the case may be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom