Multiple Resorts Switch to Shared Costumes for Certain Cast Members UPDATED

celluloid

When I moved from WDW to Disney store I always felt it was weird that we wore the same costumes as cast members as a manager compared to business attire like in the parks
Perhaps the thought there was there was less chance of things being out of compliance where the store manager is the one typically in charge and present where as at the theme parks and resorts there are many managers that will reinforce standards.

Cesar R M

Fortunately (until Covid) the generic world showcase costume rumour didn’t come true.
for now..
Since they seem to be rolling one thing after the other.
I wouldnt be surprised if this is the new Disney way to calm down the outrage.
Like slowly heating the water up so the frog doesnt jump too early.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
for now..
Since they seem to be rolling one thing after the other.
I wouldnt be surprised if this is the new Disney way to calm down the outrage.
Like slowly heating the water up so the frog doesnt jump too early.
Part of what saved it is the Q1 visa that most of the cultural reps are on states that they must wear their nations costume and can only work in their pavilion.

MaryJaneP

*whispers very softly* Isn't the "you are not wearing enough 'bling' " the next stage of this costume transition? (whispering because I do not want Disney to adopt this very very bad idea)

Capsin4

Do they work in multiple resorts? With low occupancy and housekeeping not happening everyday, they could work multiple resorts in a day or, more likely, week.

JoeCamel

Do they work in multiple resorts? With low occupancy and housekeeping not happening everyday, they could work multiple resorts in a day or, more likely, week.
Probably, they also work for a person to get ahold of a uniform and work through rooms. Probably never happen but it could happen.

peter11435

Not really. Housekeeping cast don’t really clean enough rooms each day for that to be beneficial. They generate only clean 16 or less rooms per day. They would waste more time traveling from one resort to another than it would be worth

kalel8145

The amount of vitriol and backlash against anything Disney does on here has become expected. But now some(not OP) are complaining about custodial uniforms??? 🤣🤣🤣

_caleb

I’m just not sure why noticing these things (and calling them out for what they are) is seen as “backlash.” At this point, it’s much more of a “here we go again” yawn than “let’s protest at the gates of the parks.”

It’s so common that it’s hardly even news that a big corporation would lower the quality of the the products that earned their customers’ loyalty just to save a buck. But, as we’ve discussed in other threads, the few companies who consistently buck that trend are the ones that seem to be doing well despite the economy and pandemic and political instability.

On topic for this thread, it’s not that the CM uniforms are changing to these ugly pajamas, its that each resort used to have distinct, on-theme uniforms that were just one of the thousand little things that help make the resorts unique and special.

The problem is, as I see it, if there used to be a thousand little things that made the resorts special, there certainly aren’t nearly so many of those things left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom