Multiple entertainment offerings no longer listed - June 2022

Disone

Outside of the Citizens and Jedi Training Academy, the rest of the offerings were mediocre at best. Are people really going to miss them? We need to stop lamenting the loss of poor quality offerings, imo.
This. I don't even know why they kept calling it. Star wars a galactic spectacular. Once they move the fireworks launch facility across the street it became a lopsided spectacular. And then they stopped using the launch facility across the street because the fireworks kept landing on World drive...
Who could have predicted that?
Everyone!
So then Star wars a Galactic Spectacular became Star Wars snooze fest with some galactic flares.

I don't know how the very same company can produce firework shows with only ground-based fireworks like Disney illuminations at Disneyland Paris and then also do the same thing at Hollywood studios and have such huge differentials at the end results, The ladder of which was disappointing at best.

Club Cooloholic

If Launch Bay wasn't returning (and assuming Disney finally canned the Disney Junior show), the whole area would be great for the black box concept...
Guessing you don't have kids. When you do that Disney Jr show might be a highlight for them at DHS. And that's the thing it keeps a bunch of people in one place for like an 45 mins. You need stuff like that to help with lines.

Last edited:

po1998

No current attraction should EVER be closed for good, without an announcement the following day of plans for its replacement.

How much of the day can you spend being dazzled by rockwork? Of course the TDO answer to that question is, shorten park hours while increasing prices.

mattpeto

There has been other threads where we have discussed the missing pages, not sure how I missed this thread.

BlogMickey also just posted an article yesterday about these, as well-so at least Disney knows we have noticed.

Disney seems to be going to through a website cosmetic update of some kind the last few months and maybe just didn’t upgrade the art/style on the old stale content.

Comped

Guessing you don't have kids. When you do that Disney Jr show might be a highlight for them at DHS. And that's the thing it keeps a bunch of people in one place for like an 45 mins. You need stuff like that to help with lines.
I'm well aware of how shows help lines - I've written papers on the subject. I just strongly believe the black box land concept would be a better use of that space.

Club Cooloholic

I'm well aware of how shows help lines - I've written papers on the subject. I just strongly believe the black box land concept would be a better use of that space.
While I like the idea of the black box, I don't love taking 3 buildings for one attraction. They can put that attraction where that cars thing is. Also...while a cool idea...I really am not super keen on more screens.
One last thing, the Disney Jr. Show is one of the few in the parks that actually does get updated every once in awhile.

TrainsOfDisney

Am I the only one who strongly disliked the Citizens of Hollywood? Their shtick made me uncomfortable. I love JAMMitors, Tam Tam Drummers, and that sort of thing, but the roving improv troupe concept was always super cringe to me.
Did you dislike Citizens of Main Street and World Showcase players as well? Just curious if it was unique to COH.

What about Adventurers Club / Comedy Warehouse?

CaptainAmerica

Did you dislike Citizens of Main Street and World Showcase players as well? Just curious if it was unique to COH.
I didn't encounter them nearly as often, but I always like the Mayor because he was jovial and friendly. The Hollywood characters were just unlikeable. I was turned off by the "showbiz" histrionics.

What about Adventurers Club / Comedy Warehouse?
I'm too young to have spent any time in Pleasure Island, but I like Oga's Cantina and Trader Sam's.

TrainsOfDisney

I didn't encounter them nearly as often, but I always like the Mayor because he was jovial and friendly. The Hollywood characters were just unlikeable. I was turned off by the "showbiz" histrionics.

I'm too young to have spent any time in Pleasure Island, but I like Oga's Cantina and Trader Sam's.
Gotcha. I loved the Citizens and would often plan a trip over to Studios just to see their afternoon shows. But I was also a huge fan of comedy warehouse and adventures club and it was pretty similar style of humor (many of the same actors).

TrainsOfDisney

F36A5F0A-FB93-4453-9A01-6E45877B6346.jpeg

I mean.... what’s not to love!?

Brenthodge

Disney cuts and cuts. Others up and up. May not be perfect, but it’s fun, celebrates park history (you know… on a 50th anniversary) and is an ADD not a deletion to the schedule. Off the Rails started this weekend, and added to the 50anniversary fireworks and Street Party parade, proves again that there are other options out there that aren’t using COVID as an excuse for screwing their guests.

I used to defend almost anything Disney did, but then… what they did was worth the money. I’m having a harder and harder time justifying their actions when the park in my backyard is seriously stepping up their game and not Nickel and diming me to do it.

Last edited:

matt9112

Black box concept won’t occur unless it can be monotized. DHS already has too much “pay to play” I would rather new attractions that the park desperately needs.

matt9112

Am I the only one who strongly disliked the Citizens of Hollywood? Their shtick made me uncomfortable. I love JAMMitors, Tam Tam Drummers, and that sort of thing, but the roving improv troupe concept was always super cringe to me.

It’s a different style. You can always walk right past and ignore them? Different strokes for different folks.

Lilofan

Only item of WDW that makes me cringe is Blizzard Beach's Summit Plummet. I just walk by and have never experienced it and never will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom