Multiple entertainment offerings no longer listed - June 2022

castlecake2.0

There is a lot of room back there
I don’t see a lot unless they start ripping down buildings, all of which are very much operational for backstage support right now. If they get desperate and want to spend the money to relocate all those buildings it could work, but it would not be cheap.

022175F5-B992-4FFC-8CAC-7FD83F44FAA7.png

MagicHappens1971

I don’t see a lot unless they start ripping down buildings, all of which are very much operational for backstage support right now. If they get desperate and want to spend the money to relocate all those buildings it could work, but it would not be cheap.

View attachment 662712
They’re not all necessary for operations, there’s empty trailers back there as well as an old animation building that’s probably used for not much aside from offices. The other things I recall being back there is the ODV warehouse (which can be moved). Anything else that’s back there can either be moved or consolidated somewhere else. How they would connect it to Sunset Blvd may be a little tricky

castlecake2.0

They’re not all necessary for operations, there’s empty trailers back there as well as an old animation building that’s probably used for not much aside from offices. The other things I recall being back there is the ODV warehouse (which can be moved). Anything else that’s back there can either be moved or consolidated somewhere else. How they would connect it to Sunset Blvd may be a little tricky
I’ve worked back there a couple times this week, the animation building is still very much an active workplace, though is quite beautiful and could easily fit into the background of a “backlot” looking land. The ODV as you said could be moved, and they could probably remove the front bit of launch bay while still leaving the rest of feature animation intact.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Really? I almost never eat there. I feel like one of the food stands there is frequently closed.

It was never meant to be permanent. Lots of space at Backlot Express, Commissary, Rizzo, and the dining in SWGE.
I have never once eaten there in all my trips to DHS. Rizzo, Commissary, Backlot, Docking Bay 7, and Woody's Lunch Box I have. Never once on Sunset.

doctornick

I’ve worked back there a couple times this week, the animation building is still very much an active workplace, though is quite beautiful and could easily fit into the background of a “backlot” looking land. The ODV as you said could be moved, and they could probably remove the front bit of launch bay while still leaving the rest of feature animation intact.

I’ve always assumed the plan would be to remove the entirety of the old Animation building - both Launch Bay and the backstage offices. Someone with more knowledge than me can correct but I don’t think those offices are used for park critical needs and the people there can be relocated to elsewhere on property or in the area. Removing that building plus the surface parking there is a huge footprint that could fit a big land (combined with Animation Courtyard) or a new separate land. That enables a direct connection to the RNR courtyard and would be a big improvement to the park guest flow - would basically complete and outer ring of guest paths so you wouldn’t have to go to the hub to get from Sunset to anywhere else.

I’m imagining that Take Five (the CM eatery) becomes the location for an on stage food service in this new land and a new cast restaurant is added backstage.

Lilofan

I have never once eaten there in all my trips to DHS. Rizzo, Commissary, Backlot, Docking Bay 7, and Woody's Lunch Box I have. Never once on Sunset.
I won’t forget we are at Sunset Mkt Ranch one NYE , I think the temps were 35 degrees and we felt like frozen eating at the picnic tables.

castlecake2.0

I’ve always assumed the plan would be to remove the entirety of the old Animation building - both Launch Bay and the backstage offices. Someone with more knowledge than me can correct but I don’t think those offices are used for park critical needs and the people there can be relocated to elsewhere on property or in the area. Removing that building plus the surface parking there is a huge footprint that could fit a big land (combined with Animation Courtyard) or a new separate land. That enables a direct connection to the RNR courtyard and would be a big improvement to the park guest flow - would basically complete and outer ring of guest paths so you wouldn’t have to go to the hub to get from Sunset to anywhere else.

I’m imagining that Take Five (the CM eatery) becomes the location for an on stage food service in this new land and a new cast restaurant is added backstage.
They are used by multiple lines of business for different park and global needs. Yes technically they could be moved elsewhere but I imagine that it would need a really convincing argument to demolish such an expensive asset. This isn’t just some backstage trailers, this is a full size office building that cost $70 million to build.

ToTBellHop

They are used by multiple lines of business for different park and global needs. Yes technically they could be moved elsewhere but I imagine that it would need a really convincing argument to demolish such an expensive asset. This isn’t just some backstage trailers, this is a full size office building that cost $70 million to build.
I presume in Chapek’s WDCo, it will occur once they’ve picked an IP for a land that could easily include a reskinned RnRC. I’m shocked he hasn’t insisted on a Marvel land with characters that they can show in WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom