Multiple entertainment offerings no longer listed - June 2022

ICanFly

Even if you didn’t like voyage of the little mermaid it was a continuously running show that was popular with guests... those guests who are not waiting in line with you at slinky dog or rise.

Having more attractions / entertainment is always better, even if it’s something you don’t personally enjoy.

The drummers and guides were the atmosphere entertainment in Pandora, there should be atmosphere entertainment in every land of ever Disney Park in my opinion, it’s what separates Disney apart. M
Atmosphere entertainment definitely sets Disney apart from the rest. Along with meticulously maintained parks and cast members who provide impeccable service. Unfortunately on my three visits this years all are lacking.

Club Cooloholic

Atmosphere entertainment definitely sets Disney apart from the rest. Along with meticulously maintained parks and cast members who provide impeccable service. Unfortunately on my three visits this years all are lacking.
It really is. Walking around SSR there was trash and things like old socks, I kid you not, right next the buildings and on some trails. In the parks there was very little street entertainment. The fact the parks are filled with these little Guest Experience tents to help people understand why they can't get on a ride should be indicative enough that their system doesn't work.

gerarar

Premium Member
It really is. Walking around SSR there was trash and things like old socks, I kid you not, right next the buildings and on some trails. In the parks there was very little street entertainment. The fact the parks are filled with these little Guest Experience tents to help people understand why they can't get on a ride should be indicative enough that their system doesn't work.
To be fair, all these GET tents were everywhere pre-closure and before Genie+. I remember during my 2019 trip at HS, I lined up at one to ask why I couldn't get another Fastpass due to the tier system (had to get 2 other F+ for some shows to be eligible for another attraction). However, they were kind enough to give me one anyways and avoid that requirement haha

Nottamus

I can’t imagine a fireworks show coming back to HS because of Star Wars cruiser hotel. I mean, the fireworks would definitely break the immersion. If there is any….

I totally miss the streetmosphere also in HS. Sure, it was canned corn, but always good for a watch. We always stopped.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Is the Trolley Show still on MDE???

It is -

IMG_D7386F21EFC1-1.jpeg

Patcheslee

Disney cuts and cuts. Others up and up. May not be perfect, but it’s fun, celebrates park history (you know… on a 50th anniversary) and is an ADD not a deletion to the schedule. Off the Rails started this weekend, and added to the 50anniversary fireworks and Street Party parade, proves again that there are other options out there that aren’t using COVID as an excuse for screwing their guests.

I used to defend almost anything Disney did, but then… what they did was worth the money. I’m having a harder and harder time justifying their actions when the park in my backyard is seriously stepping up their game and not Nickel and diming me to do it.

They brought back Phantom Theatre as a show as well. We've already been twice this season and it's been wonderful to see the additions, paint refreshes, etc. They are also keeping their dance parties going, 100% bonus with a hyper kid.

spectromagic04

Bummer. Losing little mermaid makes me rethink if there's any reason to go to DHS with little kids.
There’s still plenty to do imo. You have Muppet Vision, Toy Story Mania, Cars show, Frozen show, Beauty and the Beast show and the Disney junior show. Park is still lacking in rides with no restrictions though like DAK.

DorysDitty

Disney doesn't want to pay equity actors. They want college program kids they can train to handle a 3 minute meet and greet. VofLM is a show that just needed a digital refresh for the film. Lasers are kind of cool b/c kids don't see those much since they AREN'T screens. The black-light puppets are awesome and seeing any live performing is my favorite. They've made FNTM a musical review with the royal historians of Arendelle...I mean, Gil and the tank gang.

Next week marks 1 full year since we've been to the parks after going every few months for the 4 years prior when we were APs. I miss it SO much, but I miss what was, not what is now. I'm with that earlier #MakeDisney2019again!

Prototype82

The Pandora drummers became the Discovery River Drummers Flotilla and the flotillas score extremely high so there’s not much motivation to change that.
From a business standpoint of course it makes sense. And they are fun on the boats. The drums booming through the valley were beautiful though... They made the place feel truly lived in.

James Alucobond

From a business standpoint of course it makes sense. And they are fun on the boats. The drums booming through the valley were beautiful though... They made the place feel truly lived in.
Ugh, really? I found their whole screaming spiel insufferable. Pandora definitely needs live entertainment, but I would welcome something much more lowkey.

Prototype82

Ugh, really? I found their whole screaming spiel insufferable. Pandora definitely needs live entertainment, but I would welcome something much more lowkey.
Agree to disagree. Not everyone "feels the connection." I loved the sophistication of the show's original iteration. Was subtle and more romantic. I never stopped loving it though. Kids loved getting in there on the drums. I miss shouting and joining in and feeling like I'm a part of it. It's the only show that every really made me feel like that. Matsuriza's Aimee as the "Wild Child" character was the highlight. Her energy and enthusiasm was legendary... The "umph" of the show is why it worked though. Pandora is a VERY quiet and calming land. It brought moments of high energy to the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom