Multiple entertainment offerings no longer listed - June 2022

Thumper 32

Original Poster
It appears multiple entertainment offerings have been completely removed from the WDW website and app listings. All of these had formerly shown “Temporarily Unavailable” since the parks reopened, and now they have disappeared, which seems to indicate these are now officially and permanently closed.

Ones that have been noticed so far include:
Citizens of Main Street
Citizens of Hollywood
Jedi Training Academy
Star Wars Galactic Spectacular
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Swotu Waya (Pandora Drummers)
Pandora Rangers

There may be others, please add on if anyone else notices others missing. Sad times again. Guess all those character announcements were smoke and mirrors for this. :(

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It appears multiple entertainment offerings have been completely removed from the WDW website and app listings. All of these had formerly shown “Temporarily Unavailable” since the parks reopened, and now they have disappeared, which seems to indicate these are now officially and permanently closed.

Ones that have been noticed so far include:
Citizens of Main Street
Citizens of Hollywood
Jedi Training Academy
Star Wars Galactic Spectacular
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Swotu Waya (Pandora Drummers)
Pandora Rangers

There may be others, please add on if anyone else notices others missing. Sad times again. Guess all those character announcements were smoke and mirrors for this. :(
The Citizens (of both Hollywood and Main Street) are the only great losses here. Jedi Training Academy surprises me, though, as they made a ton of money off that one. I wonder if that’ll return in a revised form.

Voyage was likely on the way out before COVID, but hopefully they get to work on a replacement. Don’t want that theater sitting empty.

I’m sure they think they don’t need Galactic Spectacular with Fantasmic returning soon-ish.

The Pandora drummers were fun, I’ll miss them.

I honestly don’t even know what the “Pandora Rangers” were. (?)

ToTBellHop

The Citizens (of both Hollywood and Main Street) are the only great losses here. Jedi Training Academy surprises me, though, as they made a ton of money off that one. I wonder if that’ll return in a revised form.

Voyage was likely on the way out before COVID, but hopefully they get to work on a replacement. Don’t want that theater sitting empty.

I’m sure they think they don’t need Galactic Spectacular with Fantasmic returning soon-ish.

The Pandora drummers were fun, I’ll miss them.

I honestly don’t even know what the “Pandora Rangers” were. (?)
I would imagine Jedi isn’t a priority due to staffing. It was ready for a reimagining (move to SWGE?) anyway.

Comped

I had heard Little Mermaid stood a chance at coming back, guess it's not now unless it's just a weird website error?

jpinkc

Yes Streetmosphere, one of the great things Disney used to do. I can remember when Epcot had a ton of this and it was sooo fun. But like all good things Disney has slowly removed it. I am amazed that Mainstreet and Hollywood citizens made it as long as they did. I remember as a kid that was one of the best things about World Showcase. The street performers were good. My parents left us to watch them at some of the pavilions so they could explore when we were being "Bored" by World Showcase LOL

Comped

The lack of replacement is the issue. Put a Tangled show in the VotLM theater and no one would be complaining.
If Launch Bay wasn't returning (and assuming Disney finally canned the Disney Junior show), the whole area would be great for the black box concept...

TrainsOfDisney

Outside of the Citizens and Jedi Training Academy, the rest of the offerings were mediocre at best. Are people really going to miss them? We need to stop lamenting the loss of poor quality offerings, imo.
Even if you didn’t like voyage of the little mermaid it was a continuously running show that was popular with guests... those guests who are not waiting in line with you at slinky dog or rise.

Having more attractions / entertainment is always better, even if it’s something you don’t personally enjoy.

The drummers and guides were the atmosphere entertainment in Pandora, there should be atmosphere entertainment in every land of ever Disney Park in my opinion, it’s what separates Disney apart. M

DisneyDreamer08

Even if you didn’t like voyage of the little mermaid it was a continuously running show that was popular with guests... those guests who are not waiting in line with you at slinky dog or rise.

Having more attractions / entertainment is always better, even if it’s something you don’t personally enjoy.
This 100%
On our last family trip in January 2020, my kids were 9 and 4. Their favorite attractions at DHS were Alien Swirling Saucers, the Frozen Sing a Long, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and the Beauty and the Beast show. We tried Slinky Dog and they both came off in tears. For my kids, shows, meet and greets, kid friendly dark rides and spinner rides are the highlight of their Disney trips. You need something for everyone. Even if it’s not for you personally.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Is there any reason (besides money) why they can't bring some of the variety style shows, like Golden Mickey's for example, from DCL to DHS? Those shows are leaps and bounds better than anything they've ever presented in the parks. It would go a long way in refreshing the ever decreasing appeal of Studios.

Jon81uk

The drummers and guides were the atmosphere entertainment in Pandora, there should be atmosphere entertainment in every land of ever Disney Park in my opinion, it’s what separates Disney apart. M

The Little Mermaid show just needs replacement. It’s a 30 year old show, time for something new.

ToTBellHop

Is there any reason (besides money) why they can't bring some of the variety style shows, like Golden Mickey's for example, from DCL to DHS? Those shows are leaps and bounds better than anything they've ever presented in the parks. It would go a long way in refreshing the ever decreasing appeal of Studios.
Why book a Disney Cruise, most of which depart from Florida, if you can see the same shows at WDW?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
The Little Mermaid show just needs replacement. It’s a 30 year old show, time for something new.
I think it's cute people here are crying about "The Disney Difference" when they're running 30+ year old stale shows in the park. Is that how far our standards have dropped in 2022?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom