Multiple Adrs a no-no???

Todd L

Original Poster
Hey......I just pulled Up all my adrs at disney.com. It takes a few minutes BUT none of them were purged by the system.

I decided to trim them down a bit and heres where things stand.

7/8- Dinner at The 9 dragons at epcot. My daughters fav.
7/9-Dinner at The Crystal Palace Mk. Never been to this one.
7/10-Lunch at 50's prime time.Never been here either.
7/11-Lunch at the Rainforrest Cafe at Ak...would anyone make any other suggestions for Ak? My son is almost 5 and a picky eater and My wife cant eat anything too spicy...seemed like the best bet.
7/12-Chef Mickeys for breakfast.Never been , Seems like the kids will love it.
7/12- Still holding out for Wishes dessert party . as of this morning they are not taking any adrs past May..I think he said the 1st but am not sure.
7/13- No adrs as of yet.

I tried to make adrs for some places we havent been to yet and am skipping my fav. The Rose and Crown......I Will stop and have a Bass ale for sure.

If anyone would like to offer any suggestions as far as whats good on the menus (or whats bad) Id appreciate the help.

Wilt Dasney

Nope, I don't feel bad at all because when i cancel an hour before, that means some lucky person is A. Able to make an ADR for a meal at a nice restaurant in the next hour or B. someone who just walked up to the restaurant without ADRs was able to get a table who otherwise wouldn't have been able to. Either way it rewards a guest for having some spontaneity, something that has been sorely lacking with regards to dining ever since free dining and the DDP became so popular. Later that evening we might even use some "expired" FPs to go on a ride:p
I get the logic here, but why not reserve 10 tables under different names for the same night? Then you could reward nine people for being spontaneous. It does seem to have a little of the flavor of looking for a justification after you've decided you're doing it anyway.

The fact is Disney has constructed a system that is designed to reward the ultra-planners and the non-spontaneous. By taking up spots you know you're not using, you're penalizing people who have opted to play by the rules as Disney has laid them out — perhaps people who would normally try to be spontaneous but "know" that the system doesn't work that way.

If someone else benefits from a last minute cancellation, I suppose that's good for them, but why shouldn't Disney be the one to decide how that table is distributed instead of you? Also, if no one does walk in and take that table, you've cost the company a little money they could have made on another reservation.

I'm sure I won't change your behavior on this. Just a little food for thought, I guess. :wave:

All of those are great places. Been to them all. I also have some picky eaters, but much prefer Flame Tree BBQ in AK than the Rainforrest Cafe. Luke warm food, and mediocre service the last time I ate there.

Chef Mickeys is a family favorite. We're doing it twice. Both breakfast and dinner.

Hey......I just pulled Up all my adrs at disney.com. It takes a few minutes BUT none of them were purged by the system.

I decided to trim them down a bit and heres where things stand.

7/8- Dinner at The 9 dragons at epcot. My daughters fav.
7/9-Dinner at The Crystal Palace Mk. Never been to this one.
7/10-Lunch at 50's prime time.Never been here either.
7/11-Lunch at the Rainforrest Cafe at Ak...would anyone make any other suggestions for Ak? My son is almost 5 and a picky eater and My wife cant eat anything too spicy...seemed like the best bet.
7/12-Chef Mickeys for breakfast.Never been , Seems like the kids will love it.
7/12- Still holding out for Wishes dessert party . as of this morning they are not taking any adrs past May..I think he said the 1st but am not sure.
7/13- No adrs as of yet.

I tried to make adrs for some places we havent been to yet and am skipping my fav. The Rose and Crown......I Will stop and have a Bass ale for sure.

If anyone would like to offer any suggestions as far as whats good on the menus (or whats bad) Id appreciate the help.

Todd L

Original Poster
I get the logic here, but why not reserve 10 tables under different names for the same night? Then you could reward nine people for being spontaneous. It does seem to have a little of the flavor of looking for a justification after you've decided you're doing it anyway.

The fact is Disney has constructed a system that is designed to reward the ultra-planners and the non-spontaneous. By taking up spots you know you're not using, you're penalizing people who have opted to play by the rules as Disney has laid them out — perhaps people who would normally try to be spontaneous but "know" that the system doesn't work that way.

If someone else benefits from a last minute cancellation, I suppose that's good for them, but why shouldn't Disney be the one to decide how that table is distributed instead of you? Also, if no one does walk in and take that table, you've cost the company a little money they could have made on another reservation.

I'm sure I won't change your behavior on this. Just a little food for thought, I guess. :wave:

Ive gotta say.....This is my first trip to wdw since they introduced the Dining reservation system Online and I have gotten every meal at Every resturant at The time Ive wanted with no exceptions.

Is that proof that the system is better this way or is It that the economy is still in the gutter and July may be a little less busy that I anticipate??

Im surprised that They are offering big discounts right thru summer.

Its a shame that you cant go and make last minute decisions. Its become tougher to enjoy the trips Because they I set up my adrs according to Emh's and My days at the parks are set in stone for months in advance.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ive gotta say.....This is my first trip to wdw since they introduced the Dining reservation system Online and I have gotten every meal at Every resturant at The time Ive wanted with no exceptions.

Is that proof that the system is better this way or is It that the economy is still in the gutter and July may be a little less busy that I anticipate??

Im surprised that They are offering big discounts right thru summer.
It all depends on what you wanted. If you wanted a 7 PM dinner at 9 Dragons 180 days out then it is no big deal however if you were a week out and had multiple choices for Le Cellier on every evening then that would be telling.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It all depends on what you wanted. If you wanted a 7 PM dinner at 9 Dragons 180 days out then it is no big deal however if you were a week out and had multiple choices for Le Cellier on every evening then that would be telling.

I think that even if the park closed permenantly, Le Cellier would be the only thing that remained open and would be booked into eternity....:ROFLOL:

Wilt Dasney

Its a shame that you cant go and make last minute decisions. Its become tougher to enjoy the trips Because they I set up my adrs according to Emh's and My days at the parks are set in stone for months in advance.
I agree. I'm the antithesis of a planner...but it's just the system they have.

Things seem a little more laid back at DL. I reserved a table at the Blue Bayou 2 or 3 days out last year. I definitely prefer that kind of a setup. :cool:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think that even if the park closed permenantly, Le Cellier would be the only thing that remained open and would be booked into eternity....:ROFLOL:
I think you would be correct. We have tried for almost 3 years to get an ADR there and lucked into one about a week out. Apparently we are not meant to eat there again as we had to cancel it the day of.

lebeau

I agree. I'm the antithesis of a planner...but it's just the system they have.

Things seem a little more laid back at DL. I reserved a table at the Blue Bayou 2 or 3 days out last year. I definitely prefer that kind of a setup. :cool:

I preferred the 90 day window to the 180-day window. By setting this 180 days out, you're just asking for trouble. A relatively small group is going to book multiple reservations and take up all the "in-demand" tables before the majority of tourists even realize the race has started. Some probably haven't even booked their vacation yet.

Ideally, I'd like to see a 60-day or 30-day window. Really, what's the harm in that?

Todd L

Original Poster
At least Im aware of adrs.half the people who are going on this trip have not made any adrs and have no plans from day to day.................Maybe they are smarter than me and will take it as it comes and enjoy it more.:zipit:

lebeau

At least Im aware of adrs.half the people who are going on this trip have not made any adrs and have no plans from day to day.................Maybe they are smarter than me and will take it as it comes and enjoy it more.:zipit:

Or when they get back they will complain to anyone who will listen about how they couldn't get a decent meal at Disney World.

Believe me, I've heard this one from plenty of disgruntled tourists.

Todd L

Original Poster
Or when they get back they will complain to anyone who will listen about how they couldn't get a decent meal at Disney World.

Believe me, I've heard this one from plenty of disgruntled tourists.

My neighbor who is a bit of a schmuck asked me a few years ago "why go to orlando is it really worth it"

I explain to the guy how much fun ive had at Disney and U.s. over the years and How if you plan it correctly you can have a great time and really enjoy your trip.

He decides to give it a try.packs the mini van, drives 15oo miles to Tampa where he stays with his sister.(sleeping on the floor with his wife and 3 kids)..drives to Disney from Tampa its was 35 degrees and he got there really late Like 3 or 4 in the afternoon and the park wasnt open very late.

He left after 4 or 5 hours and when he came Home he told me that I gave him Bad advice.........................:brick::brick::brick::ROFLOL::dazzle::dazzle:

The food was too expensive, It took to long to drive there, I didnt sleep well................Like I made his Vacation Plans for Him. I guess I was responsable for the weather to.

stlbobby

I preferred the 90 day window to the 180-day window. By setting this 180 days out, you're just asking for trouble. A relatively small group is going to book multiple reservations and take up all the "in-demand" tables before the majority of tourists even realize the race has started. Some probably haven't even booked their vacation yet.

Ideally, I'd like to see a 60-day or 30-day window. Really, what's the harm in that?

I am an ultra planner and love making my ADR's. I take weeks planning them out and get on the phone early the first day ADR's are available even when I'm not trying to dine with Cindy or at Le Cellier, but even I was surprised when they extended to 180 days. Does anyone know the reasoning behind this? Are they trying to reward the frequent guest that knows the score and give them an advantage over the casual tourists? Or were they hoping to spread things out more evenly where less people are calling lie me on day one?

nibblesandbits

I do know that Disney overbooks their restaurants for reasons like this. That some people have either multiple ADRs or they just don't show up and don't cancel...so a lot of time, it's not a walk up who will get the slot, but instead it's something they expected and it just means that they are more on target with the right number of bookings for the night.

Touchdown

I dont understand the need for spontaneity either. At least to the extent that you are unable to plan what park you will be at on a certain day. My family pretty much expects to do these things in 7 days:

-See each night show at least 2 times
-Do MK morning EMH (with CP breakfast) and evening EMH
-Do AK morning EMH (animals on the safari are much more active at 8am vs 9am)
-Do Epcot evening EMH
-one morning at AK and BB each
-one afternoon at TL
-at least 2 evenings at DHS
-at least 2 days at Epcot
-at least 2 days at MK

I then just look down at the schedule and the days become obvious. That said Im not so OCD that I have to plan down to the rides, after the first 2 hours or so there is no point to be keeping a schedule.

Fractal514

I too am a planner and also like to find ways of using the system. I do not like this notion of double booking ADR's.

Your argument of being a fan of spontaneity is faulty logic. 1. If you were such a fan you yourself would not feel the need to make ADR's, you'd be ok just going with the flow and would stop encouraging the system that rewards the planners. 2. You might be rewarding the folks who show up at that moment, but not the folks who try planning that morning or earlier in the afternoon. So, basically, you're a fan really last minute spontaneity. 3. Your whole argument is a justification for being selfish and playing the game by your own rules. You aren't helping anyone but yourself, so stop pretending you are somehow noble.

:)

La Cellier is for the planners, the spontaneous can eat at Marakesh.

Todd L

Original Poster
[

:)

La Cellier is for the planners, the spontaneous can eat at Marakesh.[/QUOTE]

Thats the funniest thing ive read in a really long time......Im gonna use that line if you dont mind. Ill be sure to give you credit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom