MT's Worldly Update 9/1/05

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
The Muppet Mobile Lab was there, September 1st....

I was there and here are the times they came out...there may be more!

11:00

3:00

4:20

Hopefully this helps! I am posting video on youtube as we speak.

Oh, and keep in mind they do not come out on Sunday, this is when the Doc, and Beaker take their day off...:wave:
I keep seeming to miss them, and I go to EPCOT every day...I must have bad luck.

Oh yes, guests want the retro Epcot shirts. There is a huge demand for the yellow shirt (in a size other than large). I hope the powers at be are listening to this - guests want more retro!

Glad you are enjoying your CP so far - trust me, it'll go by faster than you can imagine!

I see guests wearing them everywhere. I would also like more options. I like the black shirt, but it's tough wearing black during the day.

It's already going by quickly, but I'm making the most of it. I may try to brave the crowds later at MK, or just stroll around World Showcase.

Any thoughts on the HM strobe light anyone?

Rob562

Any thoughts on the HM strobe light anyone?

The HM has always (or at least as far back as I can remember) had a series of strobe lights on it that flash to simulate lightning. But the delay between flashes is relatively long (especially relative to the frequent wolf howl) The flash may only go off once every 10-15 minutes, so it's not really surprising that many people have never seen it, if their timing is off. (Lines in the evenings are typically short, and you're only outside the front of the mansion for a few minutes)

This past June I was taking a long-term exposure photo of the Mansion (this was a few days before it closed for the refurb), and happened to have the lightning effect go off during it. Because the shutter was open for about 3 seconds, it appears as if there's a ton of floodlights all over the Mansion:

100_4178.jpg

Of all the times I've been to WDW, this was only one of a handful of times I've ever seen the effect.

-Rob

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Micheal, You are in soooo much trouble! :mad:

DS and I were in the world all last week and you didn't contact me to meet! :fork:

Here I was being all magnanimous and everything, thinking "Oh, it's Micheal's first week of CP, he's just been to busy to meet", but... NNNOOOOO! You're out gallivanting around the parks with nary a thought of meeting up!

:lookaroun

:lol:

Just kidding, man. It's good to see you're having fun on your CP. :wave:

SDav10495

Thanks for the update!

To those in the know about the retro shirts (or with any knowledge of typical WDW merchandise)...any idea how long it might be before a new batch of the other sizes comes into MouseGears? I've had my shirt on back order for a week so I'll be alerted once it finally arrives and ships, but I don't have much idea how long these things normally take to re-stock.

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
The HM has always (or at least as far back as I can remember) had a series of strobe lights on it that flash to simulate lightning. But the delay between flashes is relatively long (especially relative to the frequent wolf howl) The flash may only go off once every 10-15 minutes, so it's not really surprising that many people have never seen it, if their timing is off. (Lines in the evenings are typically short, and you're only outside the front of the mansion for a few minutes)
Well, the strobe has been going off every 10 seconds or so, so it is VERY obvious now.

Micheal, You are in soooo much trouble! :mad:

DS and I were in the world all last week and you didn't contact me to meet! :fork:

Here I was being all magnanimous and everything, thinking "Oh, it's Micheal's first week of CP, he's just been to busy to meet", but... NNNOOOOO! You're out gallivanting around the parks with nary a thought of meeting up!
Just kidding, man. It's good to see you're having fun on your CP. :wave:
I'm sorry Monty, but I have been very busy contrary to popular belief...I just know how to have a little fun to deal with the business.

Thanks for the update!

To those in the know about the retro shirts (or with any knowledge of typical WDW merchandise)...any idea how long it might be before a new batch of the other sizes comes into MouseGears? I've had my shirt on back order for a week so I'll be alerted once it finally arrives and ships, but I don't have much idea how long these things normally take to re-stock.

You're welcome! Hopefully, I can do these fairly often. I checked on the shirts today and they were down to 1 yellow which someone was looking at. I don't know how often they come in. But in the week I've been here, the yellow shirts came in (all large) and have been sold in a matter of days. I think the hats are a big seller also.

cooleo

EPCOT CENTER (I'm feeling the retro):

College_Program_119.jpg

Hey STR8FAN2005!!!

I have been reading your post for sometime now & never noticed your avatar said Louisiana State University until I saw this picture. Then I took a good look at it & realized it was there.

GEAUX Tigers!!!

CSUFSteve

Congrats on your CP, Michael! I worked at Disneyland for 9 years so know how cool it is to be "Part of the Magic".

One of my favorite boat rides is from POR to DD either right at sunset or when it is pitch black and all the West Side lights are reflecting in the water. I also really like the launch from Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk to MGM at dusk. If you ever see a guy with videocamera and monopod videotaping the MGM route, well say hi to me - I'll be there at end of month for Epcot's 25th!!

I am really glad to finally read some info on the HM lightning strobes. I will camp out for as long as it takes to see it with my own eyes. I've repeated this elsewhere, but Tony Baxter was all excited about 10 years ago about the lightning "coming back" but I had never seen it in all that time.

I'm hoping (and have no doubt coming from Disney) they release more EPCOT retro merch starting on Oct 1. For Disneyland's 50th they had 3 waves of merchandise they rolled out - a wave that started near the beginning of 2005, a wave starting 7/17, and another wave during the last few months of the celebration. So am I assuming this is sort of a "pre-25th" wave.

Thanks for the pics.

jmmc

Is "Star Tours" shut down at the moment? I didn't see it listed as under rehab or anything. That'd be too bad, since I have some friends there right now and told 'em to see ST before it's changed in the near future! :(

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Is "Star Tours" shut down at the moment? I didn't see it listed as under rehab or anything. That'd be too bad, since I have some friends there right now and told 'em to see ST before it's changed in the near future! :(
We rode last week. That construction wall changes the entryways, but you can still get in. :)

Churro_Jet

We rode last week. That construction wall changes the entryways, but you can still get in. :)

Really? I though it was the Star Wars weekend thing, they are officially making it a permanent thing because it's popular. Didn't know it was entryways, thanks for the clear up! :D..I was just about to post that it was the Star Wars thing but hah, nvm :D:ROFLOL:

col

i agree about mgm its in desperate need of a revamp!!!
i go there for one mans dream,fantasmic and rock and rollercoaster.

ive sed it for ages it needs a complete revamp -its my least fave disney park and i go there for the 3 named above and the bus 2 WWOS.

i went for 2 weeks in march and went about 2-3 times

SDav10495

About those HM strobes--was/is this effect also used over at the Tower of Terror? I was just watching the old "Making of the Twilight Zone ToT" special and the final shot down Sunset Boulevard clearly shows very cool "lightning" flashing around the hotel...yet I don't recall seeing that effect on my recent visits. What's the story?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom