MT's Worldly Update 9/1/05

coasterphil

It was too much for me to bother with when I lived there, if you go every day there's no point in waiting 40 minutes for rides, we just wait for a slow day and ride it twice as much as we would have.

Exactly. Now that I live in the area and can go anytime I want anything over 20 minutes isn't worth waiting for. When you don't have to jam everything in to one trip you shouldn't bother with lines.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Really? I though it was the Star Wars weekend thing, they are officially making it a permanent thing because it's popular. Didn't know it was entryways, thanks for the clear up! :D..I was just about to post that it was the Star Wars thing but hah, nvm :D:ROFLOL:
Sorry, you misunderstood... The construction walls are for the Star Wars thing, but they re-routed the entrance lines while they're doing it.

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
Hey STR8FAN2005!!!

I have been reading your post for sometime now & never noticed your avatar said Louisiana State University until I saw this picture. Then I took a good look at it & realized it was there.

GEAUX Tigers!!!
Yep, I'm here representing the awesome LSU...always nice to meet fellow Tiger fans:wave:

Nice report, and yeahh... MGM is in saddddd shape.

You in Chatham or Vista?
I went again today with the roommate...it is completely depressing once you get passed Sunset. GMR sucks if you get terrible CM's...

Chatham

Congrats on your CP, Michael! I worked at Disneyland for 9 years so know how cool it is to be "Part of the Magic".

One of my favorite boat rides is from POR to DD either right at sunset or when it is pitch black and all the West Side lights are reflecting in the water. I also really like the launch from Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk to MGM at dusk. If you ever see a guy with videocamera and monopod videotaping the MGM route, well say hi to me - I'll be there at end of month for Epcot's 25th!!

I am really glad to finally read some info on the HM lightning strobes. I will camp out for as long as it takes to see it with my own eyes. I've repeated this elsewhere, but Tony Baxter was all excited about 10 years ago about the lightning "coming back" but I had never seen it in all that time.

I'm hoping (and have no doubt coming from Disney) they release more EPCOT retro merch starting on Oct 1. For Disneyland's 50th they had 3 waves of merchandise they rolled out - a wave that started near the beginning of 2005, a wave starting 7/17, and another wave during the last few months of the celebration. So am I assuming this is sort of a "pre-25th" wave.

Thanks for the pics.
Thanks!

I actually walked to the Studios from EPCOT today because I've had nothing but bad Friendship Boat experiences....it's a 20min walk if anyone is interested. I'll be looking for you though because I'm always in EPCOT.

You don't have to camp out to see them...it flashes constantly and you can see it from many angles.

I want more RETRO!

i agree about mgm its in desperate need of a revamp!!!
i go there for one mans dream,fantasmic and rock and rollercoaster.

ive sed it for ages it needs a complete revamp -its my least fave disney park and i go there for the 3 named above and the bus 2 WWOS.

i went for 2 weeks in march and went about 2-3 times
I love Fantasmic, but it's very inconvienient to get to and leave. RnRC is about to go down for a month....it'll be hard to justify a trip to the Studios just for ToT.

About those HM strobes--was/is this effect also used over at the Tower of Terror? I was just watching the old "Making of the Twilight Zone ToT" special and the final shot down Sunset Boulevard clearly shows very cool "lightning" flashing around the hotel...yet I don't recall seeing that effect on my recent visits. What's the story?
It's just a strobe light...from what I can see.
It was too much for me to bother with when I lived there, if you go every day there's no point in waiting 40 minutes for rides, we just wait for a slow day and ride it twice as much as we would have.
Exactly. I wind up just doing things I normally wouldn't do and enjoy them immensely...time is a wonderful luxury!

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
Ooh, which building? During my CPs I have stayed in Buildings 25, 26, 14, and 6 (in that order).

-I met Mickey and Minnie today:)
-Osbourne Lights are being put up at the Studios
-MML was at EPCOT when I got there, but the show was wrapping up:mad:
-Walking to the Studios from EPCOT takes 20mins

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom