MSEP Returns

shambolicdefending

Pondering this bizarre and sudden news a bit more...

Do you think anyone in TDA realizes how desperate and panicky and weird this makes them look? It's not an attractive leadership vibe.

It's just not a cohesive or long term thinking marketing message to give out. Randomly dropping the tired old MSEP back into the park. Again. For August and September. Without any warning. Because Star Wars Land.

You really do have to feel sorry for them, as I can't imagine the stressed out conference rooms and office suites where this decision was made must be much fun to hang out in all day. :bored:

The lack of self-awareness and common sense this reflects is both disturbing and comical.

drizgirl

what's stopping them from running PTN in DCA, exactly?
I'm guessing they want to attract more bodies to DL specifically to make up for the shortfall of what they expected from SWGE opening. Why they aren't running PTN in DL (since it started there) I couldn't say.

drizgirl

They don't need to run MSEP during the holiday season. The Christmas parade is lovely at night. You know, if they decide to do it. Although it's pretty old as well and could use a refresh.

iMax

They don't need to run MSEP during the holiday season. The Christmas parade is lovely at night. You know, if they decide to do it. Although it's pretty old as well and could use a refresh.

They can still run both if they wanted. I recall seeing both ACF & PTN running during the 60th with ACF running earlier in the day.

brb1006

I’m not understanding all this hate for MSEP. Not from the same people (including myself) who like all of the even more ancient rickety attractions around the park.
There could be two reasons, for WDW fans it's the fact that MSEP was originally going to only run for the Summer of 2010 but instead stayed for a few years leaving Spectromagic to rot (Which was the only electrical parade made for WDW).

But the second reason would have to do with its age. Compared to recent electrical parades such as Fantillusion, Dreamlights, and PTN. The MSEP parade's lights and floats now look dated. When MSEP returned to DL in 2017, some sections of the parade route allows lighting (Most notable around the Cinderella section) compared to older footage where the entire route was dark (Could be due to advancements of technology).

1990s

mickEblu

There could be two reasons, for WDW fans it's the fact that MSEP was originally going to only run for the Summer of 2010 but instead stayed for a few years leaving Spectromagic to rot (Which was the only electrical parade made for WDW).

But the second reason would have to do with its age. Compared to recent electrical parades such as Fantillusion, Dreamlights, and PTN. The MSEP parade's lights and floats now look dated. When MSEP returned to DL in 2017, some sections of the parade route allows lighting (Most notable around the Cinderella section) compared to older footage where the entire route was dark (Could be due to advancements of technology).

1990s

But that’s my point. A lot of DLs attractions look dated compared to newer versions around the world yet most of us find them authentic, nostalgic and charming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom