MSEP or Spectro?

Main Street Electrical Parade or SpectroMagic?

• Main Street Electrical Parade

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • SpectroMagic

Votes: 34 69.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Magical Genie 123

Original Poster
Which parade do you guys prefer? I like Spectro in a close one. The music in that parade was amazing compared to MSEP. Spectro really was a great parade. But what do you guys prefer out of the two?

luv

A lot of people who never saw Spectro will vote MSEP by default.

They're both good parades! But Spectro was much better.

The Empress Lilly

MSEP.

The MS in the name betrays the visual composition the popcorn lights of the parade form with the popcorn lights of MS! It's a visual symphony!

Spectro has got flashy lights and all but lacks the genius of MSEP, it's inspired simplicity.

MerlinTheGoat

Spectro by far. I have nothing against MSEP from a visual perspective (well except for needing updating ala Dreamlights), but I infinitely prefer Spectro's music. I hope someday Spectromagic returns to us with a Dreamlights caliber re-imagining (Spectro's original music score with new parade floats).

disneygirl1

I miss Spectro! I wish they bring it back! I don't mind MSEP, but there is just something about Specto that I just LOVE. The music too is so much better IMO

Gomer

I love Spectro, but my vote goes to MSEP on the strength of the music. I know some people can't take it, but the complexity and the energy in that music always gets me. I've loved it since I was 3 years old. I was told I wore out two cassette copies of the music by the time I was 6. It’s like the Sherman brothers, ELP, and Emmet Otter all combined to create a super group and then went on a "trip" to the circus. Might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I love it.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Spectromagic for its music and finale but the Electrical Parade has better units and acts. But overall Spectromagic will always be my favorite. I still think of it every time I go to the Magic Kingdom, it was the highlight of my day there.

CP_alum08

Spectro music was great, very emotional. MSEP music makes me want to jump off a cliff. To me the music makes all the difference in a parade, especially at night.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I wouldn't mind the Electrical Parade if they used similar music to Spectromagic, it would be really cool
If they used the orchristrated vershion of baroque hoedown at the end of Dreamlights thru out the parade, the music that plays before its a small world :)

pixiesteno

I like them both but I do enjoy the music more to Spectro-magic. However, it also may have to do with the fact that Spectro was the first evening light parade that I have seen at MK. We never were allow to stay until dark when we visited as kids (pre 1980 trips)

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Neither one is terribly impressive, but I want to kick MSEP's music in the rear. The soundtrack drives me nuts. The only parts I look forward to are the Donkey Boys and Elliott and Pete.
Spectro wins by default.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom