MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's also concerning that UOR had a Great week of news and we can't get anything on this or other Entertainment planned till D23 or after!

This is all you need to know:

"We've been aware of Universal's plans for a new park for more than a decade. And we have a sophisticated approach to analyzing the needs of all of our businesses and strategically deploying capital." - Bob Iger

I'm sure next week they'll announce the dates for MNSSHP, with prices as low as $119/person (select dates)!

jrhwdw

This is all you need to know:

"We've been aware of Universal's plans for a new park for more than a decade. And we have a sophisticated approach to analyzing the needs of all of our businesses and strategically deploying capital." - Bob Iger

I'm sure next week they'll announce the dates for MNSSHP, with prices as low as $119/person (select dates)!
I'm shocked MNSSHP and/or HHN didn't play into Halfway To Halloween this week!

In the Parks
No
There’s no way we will hear about this parade before D23. Even D23 is questionable I’m assuming. Im sure we will know when an announcement is imminent not just by @wdwmagic but possibly @marni1971 and others.
If it's intended to counter Epic's opening, I would expect something announced after the year turns over, so those that are planning trips to Epic can add WDW days to see the new parade.

jrhwdw

If it's intended to counter Epic's opening, I would expect something announced after the year turns over, so those that are planning trips to Epic can add WDW days to see the new parade.
So like DL's 60th. Announce in Jan, open like May.

Now that I think about it MSEP 2010 was announced like Feb 2010......

TTA94

That’s what I’m thinking, unless they want to make a big deal in advance. Is a brand new nighttime parade that MK hasn’t had in years something that should be announced in a random blog post? It is kind of a big deal.

PREMiERdrum

A new parade - while needed and welcomed - won't move the trip planning and package booking needle. It will, however, increase guest satisfaction, ease attraction demand, and increase food and merchandise sales.

Breaking ground on massive new projects in two parks will. Substantially.

Expect them to be announced as such.

ToTBellHop

A new parade - while needed and welcomed - won't move the trip planning and package booking needle. It will, however, increase guest satisfaction, ease attraction demand, and increase food and merchandise sales.

Agreed. New parade is more of a DPB post since the fans who read that are the same people who will actually come to the parks specifically to see it.

Average Joe might actually bring his family for that new Indy ride. I’ve heard such conversations from non-fan coworkers over the likes of Pandora and SWGE. I may not love Iger or the full execution of the projects, but those lands certainly got trips booked.

But, they aren’t new anymore. On to the next projects.

TTA94

WDW needs more in 2025 than a night parade. It will only help MKs attendance, which technically isn’t the park that needs help. DAK does.

ToTBellHop

Well D23 is full of fans so that would have the same affect as a DPB post. Perhaps they could announce it but be very vague then follow up late in the year or early next year with more info.
Sure. Perhaps a vague aside from Josh. But certainly not a focus item from Bob.

TTA94

They did announce Magic Happens at D23 so anything is possible... we've seen just about everything announced at D23 before... full lands, fireworks, heck, even a Target 😂

Yeah and for Magic Happens we got a preview of the theme song. Ideally if they do announce the night parade, IF it’s brand new, is to go into detail, name, concept art and give us a preview of the soundtrack. Odds of that happen? 🤷‍♂️

They could drag out Steve Davison to make the announcement lol. I would assume he will be in charge of MKs parade.

In the Parks
No
Well I wouldn't say that necessary since he also did Festival of Fantasy and most recently Luminous so just because he's involved doesn't mean it'll be a rave. However that doesn't mean it won't, look at Mickey's Mix Tragic and Harmonious.
I used to think Steve Davison was great, but his track record in the last fifteen years is quite spotty in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom