MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

brb1006

I dearly wish Disney would rehire John Debney (Spectromagic) or Gavin Greenway (Share A Dream Come True Parade, Reflections of Earth) to create a brand new score for a future electrical parade for Walt Disney World.
780x463-john-debney-jungle-book-composer_5.jpg

WoHZ_Greenaway_DitaVollmond.jpg

Those two managed to perfectly capture the "Timelessness" and Majestic and Elegant tone and atmosphere for WDW's previous parades and shows.

aladdin2007

Operations has been over-ruled on this.
About time...these are things like the light parades Disney use to be masters at,,,in the past decade and now more than ever they have become increasingly lazy, its like they don't know what to do and don't want to be bothered. Its time they get a shot from higher up. Of course crowds today act different unfortunately.

doctornick

Operations has been over-ruled on this.

I honestly donโ€™t get why operations would be opposed. Wouldnโ€™t having multiple things at night actually help to spread out crowds with different options and make it easier on operations? The post fireworks crush of everyone leaving at once is miserable.

TTA94

About time...these are things like the light parades Disney use to be masters at,,,in the past decade and now more than ever they have become increasingly lazy, its like they don't know what to do and don't want to be bothered. Its time they get a shot from higher up. Of course crowds today act different unfortunately.

And hopefully this light parade drought we had to go through will never happen again!

TTA94

I hope the new parade comes with new parade route lighting. I know itโ€™s not a requirement for a light parade but IMO it played a big part in PTNs intro and it was a cool effect with MSEP as well. Technically the hub already has them so they would just need to expand them to the rooftops along the rest of the route.

ToTBellHop

I honestly donโ€™t get why operations would be opposed. Wouldnโ€™t having multiple things at night actually help to spread out crowds with different options and make it easier on operations? The post fireworks crush of everyone leaving at once is miserable.
Theyโ€™re just afraid of how it will work. How they will control the crowd. They may (gasp) need to hire more people. But, MK is busy and the edict from on high is, โ€œwe are expanding so MK can hold even MORE people, so there needs to be more entertainment at night.โ€œ

Squishy

I hope the new parade comes with new parade route lighting. I know itโ€™s not a requirement for a light parade but IMO it played a big part in PTNs intro and it was a cool effect with MSEP as well. Technically the hub already has them so they would just need to expand them to the rooftops along the rest of the route.
I would almost guarantee this.
Thing is they just finished replacing the parade route lights with new normal white node LEDs around the 50th so it will be interesting to see if they're willing to spend money on that again.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Theyโ€™re just afraid of how it will work. How they will control the crowd. They may (gasp) need to hire more people. But, MK is busy and the edict from on high is, โ€œwe are expanding so MK can hold even MORE people, so there needs to be more entertainment at night.โ€œ
Do they now realize that when you tell people there's parade before fireworks they will line up for the parade. Granted you have to put the route clear but when you put up the ropes I think it becomes obvious there's a parade happening. If anything this might direct people over to frontierland to watch it. I know it's more complex than that but they successfully did for YEARS I know HEA is more popular than Wishes or FITS but still.

PREMiERdrum

Thing is they just finished replacing the parade route lights with new normal white node LEDs around the 50th so it will be interesting to see if they're willing to spend money on that again.
And what a shortsighted outlay that was, right?

Thankfully it isn't a terribly expensive switch, relatively speaking. I believe this will come along with the project, now that it's clearly funded and approved.

The current fixtures can absolutely be repurposed elsewhere.

McMickeyWorld

If a local Korean park can present this, I don't see how the world's number one destination can't present something a thousand times better. But Disney being Disney, I wouldn't expect anything for this expo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom