MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Drdcm

Anyone think that if they bring back the nighttime parade, we might see longer park hours again? What would be the point of having it if there wasn’t a decent amount downtime after the fireworks

jrhwdw

Anyone think that if they bring back the nighttime parade, we might see longer park hours again? What would be the point of having it if there wasn’t a decent amount downtime after the fireworks
MSEP/Spectro was at 9 & 11 so IDK how much downtime MK needs...

That is of course...MK actually Greenlights and follows through on a Night Parade....if TWDC gives MK the Money it needs..........

TTA94

If MK does get a night parade... I have a feeling it'll run once. Even on the busiest of days MK doesn't like staying open late.

Thats what I think to. Depending on what parade MK is getting. If it’s something brand new, on a large elaborate scale like Dreamlights and expensive to run then it’ll definitely run once. I have a feeling Ops isn’t going to be happy running a night parade once much less twice.

jrhwdw

Thats what I think to. Depending on what parade MK is getting. If it’s something brand new, on a large elaborate scale like Dreamlights and expensive to run then it’ll definitely run once. I have a feeling Ops isn’t going to be happy running a night parade once much less twice.
PTN ran Twice at DL, except during the Week in the Off Season.

Dreamlights ran Twice a few nights in Summer 2001 when it opened.

ToTBellHop

If MK does get a night parade... I have a feeling it'll run once. Even on the busiest of days MK doesn't like staying open late.
Honestly, in the summer, it would be better to have a parade at 9 and HEA at 10 once it’s truly dark. Add the 11 pm parade around Easter and 4th of July.

Peak winter weeks, they could easily do a parade at 7 and 9 with fireworks at 8. They used to.

Glad Steve is still hearing an actual parade will come. Maybe 2025. They’ll need something to market.

Squishy

Honestly, in the summer, it would be better to have a parade at 9 and HEA at 10 once it’s truly dark. Add the 11 pm parade around Easter and 4th of July.

Peak winter weeks, they could easily do a parade at 7 and 9 with fireworks at 8. They used to.

Glad Steve is still hearing an actual parade will come. Maybe 2025. They’ll need something to market.
I think having the parade after HEA would be better to manage the mass exodus after the fireworks.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
This would be a hot mess. The crowd management of firework crowd exodus + coupled with a parade running down Main Street?
I think the idea is that you keep people in the park so that they watch the parade. The parade wouldn't start directly after the fireworks, the parade after the fireworks would keep more people in the park and make it less of a mass exodus after fireworks. Basically less people would be leaving the park, because they're staying to watch the parade. Therefore, it would cause less strain on the fairies monorails buses and boats after fireworks because there would still be a significant portion of the capacity still in the park. Or at least I think that's the idea behind it. Weather that actually works in practice remains to be seen with today's guests and with happily ever after arguably being more popular than Wishes.

TTA94

This would be a hot mess. The crowd management of firework crowd exodus + coupled with a parade running down Main Street?

They did it before with Wishes during peak seasons?

I feel like park exit is a lot worse now than how it was back in the days of Spectro, MSEP and Wishes. To do a parade after HEA they will definitely need to allow time to clear Main Street. What they could do is close off Main Street to people existing, say a half hour or so after HEA ends and then direct guests strictly to the Tomorrowland side of the MS bypass.

TTA94

MSEP return to MK and PTN return to DL or DCA seems like the obvious outcome, but it sure would be an extra nice surprise if it was something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom