MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

stuart

Just wish @wdwmagic could give us a hint on a time frame. If other things are coming first we might be waiting awhile.
I know from your posts just how keen you are, but he's already stated there are other entertainment offerings to come first.

As and when they are announced with an opening date, it's then reasonable to assume it will then be a few months or so after that, perhaps around certain dates in the calendar- especially if this has been continually moving forward from him first mentioning it.

jrhwdw

I know from your posts just how keen you are, but he's already stated there are other entertainment offerings to come first.

As and when they are announced with an opening date, it's then reasonable to assume it will then be a few months or so after that, perhaps around certain dates in the calendar- especially if this has been continually moving forward from him first mentioning it.
I'm interested if any Entertainment is already Greenlighted??

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If they would add a few more attractions/rides to AK... it desperately needs a good night show and reasons to keep people there later (and a show that can be performed multiple times based on capacity/seating). Water features, lights, lasers, fire, barges with projections, drone type show or something

wdwfan22

Hopefully this horrible set up is not part of the new entertainment offerings being greenlit.
star-wars-mobile-stage-10232017-3.png

jrhwdw

No knowledge, just saying: if WDW is planning a Big Entertainment focus at D23, that wouldn't Start till sometime in 2025, how accelerated is that?

Andrew25

No knowledge, just saying: if WDW is planning a Big Entertainment focus at D23, that wouldn't Start till sometime in 2025, how accelerated is that?
I tend to be realistic, so I'm not expecting anything significant until 2026 as the lead time for designing stuff takes a while... and it shows how few projects were even in the design stage during Chapek. I can't blame Iger for the lack of "meat" behind the claims of accelerated investment until D23. If we get nothing but another Blue Sky panel, we're look at projects opening in 2030 lol

2025 has to be the year of entertainment offerings, whether new or old. Doing nothing at all will be unacceptable that year. But there's got to be more substantial projects in 2026. If not, I have no idea what the company is doing.

jrhwdw

I tend to be realistic, so I'm not expecting anything significant until 2026 as the lead time for designing stuff takes a while... and it shows how few projects were even in the design stage during Chapek. I can't blame Iger for the lack of "meat" behind the claims of accelerated investment until D23. If we get nothing but another Blue Sky panel, we're look at projects opening in 2030 lol

2025 has to be the year of entertainment offerings, whether new or old. Doing nothing at all will be unacceptable that year. But there's got to be more substantial projects in 2026. If not, I have no idea what the company is doing.
Maybe I'm too ansy but I was hoping for something good(Entertainment Wise)this year! LOL!!!

Andrew25

Maybe I'm too ansy but I was hoping for something good(Entertainment Wise)this year! LOL!!!
I was expecting that as well, but we're in the summer trip booking season now and WDW doesn't have anything to show off at the moment. I would have imagined by now we would have gotten some sort of announcement for summer entertainment to encourage booking trips.

I'd imagine they're pushing anything entertainment wise until 2025, while leaving Tiana alone in the spotlight for this year.

Tony the Tigger

If they would add a few more attractions/rides to AK... it desperately needs a good night show and reasons to keep people there later (and a show that can be performed multiple times based on capacity/seating). Water features, lights, lasers, fire, barges with projections, drone type show or something
What’s the incentive? People just trashed Rivers of Light, even though it was a fine show with all of that.

There’s no pleasing the audience anymore. They want more IP, they don’t want any. They want a nighttime show at AK, but they’re disappointed without fireworks.

Squishy

I'd imagine DAK would get a massive entertainment boost to make up for the future loss of Dinoland?

What if DAK gets a nighttime parade? Obviously not to the scale of MSEP or PTN... but something at a smaller scale/more unique? I know the parade route at DAK is tricky... but they're ways around that?
I think there was concept art of a nighttime parade for DAK that got accidentally posted onto a artists portfolio a few years ago.

ToTBellHop

What’s the incentive? People just trashed Rivers of Light, even though it was a fine show with all of that.

There’s no pleasing the audience anymore. They want more IP, they don’t want any. They want a nighttime show at AK, but they’re disappointed without fireworks.
Rivers of Light was boring.

I wanted a not-boring show. That doesn’t necessarily require big boom-boom.

Tony the Tigger

Rivers of Light was boring.

I wanted a not-boring show. That doesn’t necessarily require big boom-boom.
Boring is just an opinion.

I think the movies in China and France are so boring, I haven’t seen them since 1998. Other people defend them to the hilt.

No fireworks = might appear “boring.”

One person’s nerd-treasure is another’s snore-a-palooza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom