MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

pdude81

I’ve heard no concrete dates but it is a legitimate plan to have a light parade return to WDW. They will need something for 2024 to market with Tiana opening so late in the year, so the timing is plausible. I’ll do some digging to see if there is a specific window.

This would seem like an easy thing to announce at Destination D23.
Nice. I would love another run of MSEP in WDW and I think that's pretty easy for them to do given that it's available out west. And they can placate the DL crowd by giving them the newer, shinier PTN so that we continue to be the red headed stepchild.

If Josh announces those two things returning and a Figment + Dreamfinder refurb for Imagination Pavilion, then I may have to get myself a T shirt with his face on it. Assuming they keep the glass pyramid, of course.

mattpeto

A limited run for MSEP from Jan to Aug could work before the parties start. Gotta market something before TBA.

Oh, and if you believe that marketing is important (see TRON and HEA for spring 2024), something blue sky has to be seriously baking for 2025.

Andrew25

A limited run for MSEP from Jan to Aug could work before the parties start. Gotta market something before TBA.

Oh, and if you believe that marketing is important (see TRON and HEA for spring 2024), something blue sky has to be seriously baking for 2025.

It's too late for something in 2025 unless it's a retheme of an existing attraction.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I would lost my crap if this was actually back for our trip in November. I love MSEP and would take it in the MK over what we have now.

Surferboy567

We got our updated Fantasmic and will have a new fireworks show this year along with HEA. Then there’s Rat, Cosmic Rewind, and TRON…

Don’t people dislike Magic Happens and the new WoC?
Sure, we have gotten some great attractions as you mentioned. My criticism really comes down to future projects.

jrhwdw

MSEP Needs to in MK longer than that IMO! Unless MK has secret Parade Plans after August 2024, MSEP should be Select Nights when the Parties start.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
AFAIK, a nighttime parade would be returning “permanently” at WDW. That is, until it can be replaced. MSEP can’t live forever. It transported Noah’s animals during that Central Florida summer downpour all those centuries back.

We’ve been teased and rumored so much about this since MSEP left I’m afraid to have any hope. I would book a trip as soon as I knew the return dates if it isn’t back when we go in November 2023. There is nothing like a night parade in MK. It is better than fireworks to me.

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
MSEP can’t live forever.
Ron Burgundy What GIF

jrhwdw

We’ve been teased and rumored so much about this since MSEP left I’m afraid to have any hope. I would book a trip as soon as I knew the return dates if it isn’t back when we go in November 2023. There is nothing like a night parade in MK. It is better than fireworks to me.
I Know!!!!!!! I love Days like This!!!!!!!! But it always blows up in our faces...........is this the time it won't???..................

jrhwdw

Well there's also a nighttime parade + new nighttime show for USF that has been considered (the USJ parade makes MSEP look like child's play)
Do we know how far along a USF Night Parade is????

Tried looking on line a few weeks back and I think USJ's Night Parade hasn't returned after COVID yet?????

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Something will happen, for sure. They really do want a nighttime parade back at the Magic Kingdom but it's complicated and then it got more complicated.

It surprises me that they actually want one with revenue and attendance at its current rate. I can see management saying there’s not a NEED for one.

I’m sure labor and staffing are a major complication along with presenting 2 nightly parades (if they go back to two performances) along with a hub-centric fireworks show in HEA.

If you can, can you shed any more details on what makes it even more complicated?

AndyS2992

I'm so over MSEP, put it on the scrap heap where it belongs and bring out a brand new night parade, which can pay homage to MSEP if it must.

jrhwdw

It surprises me that they actually want one with revenue and attendance at its current rate. I can see management saying there’s not a NEED for one.

I’m sure labor and staffing are a major complication along with presenting 2 nightly parades (if they go back to two performances) along with a hub-centric fireworks show in HEA.

If you can, can you shed any more details on what makes it even more complicated?
Maybe Guest feedback??? We've had lack of a Night Parade since mid Oct 2016.. So MK is way overdue in that department.........

Could it be that 50th(thanks to COVID.....) Pointed out everything wrong with MK Nights????

Touchdown

Well it’s not like they aren’t used to it, they do it every party night. Even though there is less crowds I don’t think there is a different amount of cast that need to work it.

If they’re smart they have the parade run from MSUSA to FL and have the parade end at the same time the fireworks start.

doctornick

Can we please just build a brand new original parade for WDW as a proper successor to Spectromagic…IS THAT SO HARD TO ASK FOR?!?

Rather have a proper successor to MSEP since it is the superior parade. But YMMV.

Edit: just to be clear, that means I'd be more than happy with PTN (rather than creeky old MSEP). But in an ideal world, I'd prefer something more like Dreamlights.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Well it’s not like they aren’t used to it, they do it every party night. Even though there is less crowds I don’t think there is a different amount of cast that need to work it.

If they’re smart they have the parade run from MSUSA to FL and have the parade end at the same time the fireworks start.

And then if they keep it, reverse it and run it FL to MSUSA for the 11PM?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom