MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Comped

Im guessing it would never happen again but it would be cool if they brought MSEP to NYC for a special event, like during the Holidays or something.
Only happened once, and it was hell. Trust me, I've heard the stories about what WDE had to do to get it done, and there's no chance it'd happen under Chapek unless he could charge locals to look out their windows at it.

TTA94

Lol someone on Twitter said MSEP will return to Paris next Spring. Highly doubt that’ll happen unless the old WDW MSEP floats rise from the dead, or bottom of the ocean, whatever it’s fate was. Wouldn’t that be something if they have been in storage all this time!
Would also be nice if Fantillusion still existed somewhere and could return in a updated form. Not quite sure what happened to those floats other than I slightly remember one or two of the floats being repurposed for a daytime float? I think the fall cornucopia float?

Surferboy567

I’m starting to get annoyed at all the focus on Disneyland.

Disneyland gets:

1.) Cool 100th Anniversary additions which seem to be well made shows (I haven’t seen them in person)

2.) Avengers E Ticket

3.) Pandora experience of some kind

4.) Paint the Night/Magic Happens

…Disney World hasn’t had a single announcement of scale for a decent amount of time now. I like the electrical parade but Disney World should get paint the night. Electrical parade has been brought back so many times at this point. The announcements should be going to Disney World given the competition.

pdude81

I would love MSEP in MK and PTN in DCA next year, but I'm not sure if the comment above is soft confirmation of one of these things or both.

ToTBellHop

I’m starting to get annoyed at all the focus on Disneyland.

Disneyland gets:

1.) Cool 100th Anniversary additions which seem to be well made shows (I haven’t seen them in person)

2.) Avengers E Ticket

3.) Pandora experience of some kind

4.) Paint the Night/Magic Happens

…Disney World hasn’t had a single announcement of scale for a decent amount of time now. I like the electrical parade but Disney World should get paint the night. Electrical parade has been brought back so many times at this point. The announcements should be going to Disney World given the competition.
We got our updated Fantasmic and will have a new fireworks show this year along with HEA. Then there’s Rat, Cosmic Rewind, and TRON…

Don’t people dislike Magic Happens and the new WoC?

ToTBellHop

I would love MSEP in MK and PTN in DCA next year, but I'm not sure if the comment above is soft confirmation of one of these things or both.
I’ve heard no concrete dates but it is a legitimate plan to have a light parade return to WDW. They will need something for 2024 to market with Tiana opening so late in the year, so the timing is plausible. I’ll do some digging to see if there is a specific window.

This would seem like an easy thing to announce at Destination D23.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Honestly, I'm fine with this. MSEP is a wonderful parade and I really like the refresh they did for its 50th anniversary. I'd love a new, original, parade but at this point anything is better than nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom