MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

jrhwdw

When and if a nighttime parade returns to MK I’d like to see MK finally get a new parade route lighting package. They add the temporary lighting for the seasonal parades, so why not just make it permanent.

For MSEP DL was using projections for the new finale along the parade route as well. For MK, they could do this in Frontierland, Liberty Square, Cinderella Castle, MSUSA and Towns Square. For whatever reason though DL and MK hasn’t been doing projections in Towns Square for the nighttime shows.
I will admit that MSEP 50 had the best intro and outro with the Lighting!

TTA94

I will admit that MSEP 50 had the best intro and outro with the Lighting!

Well they did recently update the parade route lighting before MSEP came back. It’s more interactive and does the flashing effect during the “In Thousand Of Sparkling Lights” part of the intro. I also love the blue lighting when the intro starts.

It’s a small thing for the parades but it adds a lot IMO. MK needs this! The hub has them, just not the rest of the route.

Last edited:

Squishy

When and if a nighttime parade returns to MK one day, and it doesn’t necessarily even need to be specifically for a light parade, but I’d like to see MK finally get a new parade route lighting package. They add the temporary lighting for the seasonal parades, so why not just make it permanent.

For MSEP DL was using projections for the new finale along the parade route as well. For MK, they could do this in Frontierland, Liberty Square, Cinderella Castle, MSUSA and Towns Square. For whatever reason though DL and MK hasn’t been doing projections in Towns Square for the nighttime shows.
For some reason the parade lightning isn't synced with the floats this year like past years for boo to you.

TTA94

For some reason the parade lightning isn't synced with the floats this year like past years for boo to you.

Didn’t the lighting in Frontierland do a flashing effect with the thunder at the beginning of the parade? Or maybe it was for the headlesss horsemen.

They could totally do the thunder/lightning effect with the Hub lights for the parade.

jrhwdw

Well they did recently update the parade route lighting before MSEP came back. It’s more interactive and does the flashing effect during the “In Thousand Of Sparkling Lights” part of the intro. I also love the blue lighting when the intro starts.

It’s a small thing for the parades but it adds a lot IMO. MK needs this! The hub has them, just not the rest of the route.
Was the Update done before ACF 2021? I didn't notice anything real different at Christmas...

Starship824

In the Parks
No
When and if a nighttime parade returns to MK one day, and it doesn’t necessarily even need to be specifically for a light parade, but I’d like to see MK finally get a new parade route lighting package. They add the temporary lighting for the seasonal parades, so why not just make it permanent.

I’d love for projections in Frontierland and liberty square if MSEP comes to MK like Matterhorn and Small World have but I don’t think WDW will add that since the places they Disneyland implemented it already had existing projectors from 2015 that are used in all there nighttime spectaculars. If MSEP does come to WDW it’ll probably only have projections for the new final float on Cinderella Castle and Main Street since they already have that infrastructure

Goofnut1980

The problem is that WDW keeps bringing in the people so why spend the money to make a new parade or have nighttime parades if people are spending. They need the guest demand to plummet to 1990 levels for them to actually spend money. The shareholders should honestly be ashamed of themselves from the level of greed. Also a good house cleaning from the top execs needs to happen. Clearly they are not threatened by UNI. Part of me sorta hopes that UNI has the most incredible success and TDO loses the majority share.

TTA94

Sigh!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

If anything, "Tick" should be in F!'s Thread Today! Will DE get a "Tick", even with Walt/ Roy? Who knows!!!!!

Something tells me the wait will continue for a parade. Especially if Josh says something like “We’ll have more details to share about our 100th Anniversary celebration in the parks at a later date.”

I think there’s a pretty decent chance that could happen considering WDWs 50th is still going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom